Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Keeping your raid flasked with the absence of cauldrons.

What sort of farming / donation strategy are you guys using? We've been raiding pretty hard (4 days a week in two cores, three hours each day minimum) so that comes out to be 12 flasks a person a week, with 10-14 people in each core. So being absolutely modest 120 flasks a week.. 120 golden lotus...how are you guys coping with this?
    Should you force evreyone to use their spirit of harmony on golden lotus? Anyone know of a better solution? I'd love to hear your ideas as it this is causing alot of problems.
    Thanks in advanced for any suggestions.

And if anyone from blizzard is reading this.. give us some new fucking cauldrons..TY <3

plant songbells -> 33 lotus/week person

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lological View Post
    What sort of farming / donation strategy are you guys using? We've been raiding pretty hard (4 days a week in two cores, three hours each day minimum) so that comes out to be 12 flasks a person a week, with 10-14 people in each core. So being absolutely modest 120 flasks a week.. 120 golden lotus...how are you guys coping with this?
    Should you force evreyone to use their spirit of harmony on golden lotus? Anyone know of a better solution? I'd love to hear your ideas as it this is causing alot of problems.
    Thanks in advanced for any suggestions.

And if anyone from blizzard is reading this.. give us some new fucking cauldrons..TY <3
    Depending on how realistically close you are to a kill, you may want to use elixers in place of flasks for learning a fight or for farm content. Spirits of harmony may work but I wouldn't ask your crafters to use them as the can probably use them elsewhere to gear up others or make gold. You may want to ask for donation or pay x amount to guildies for them as long as it's slightly under market value.

Deleted
    We attempted to straight up supply everyone with flasks but it was destroying the GBank funds so what we decided to do is that everyone brings their own and we give them a certain amount of gold towards the flasks every raid which they withdraw themselves.

GIVE US CAULDRONS BLIZZ!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    So far using just the 3 officers spirits has been enough for us but we only raid 2 days a week. Just doing dailies tends to give us each a few spirits per day.

10+ Year Old Account
    My lot are not having their hand held and being supplied with flasks. They had an easy ride with cauldrons. Feasts are enough for them, they supply their own flasks. they only need 4-6 a week. The rate spirit of harmony come in its easy, I have in excess of 20 on my main, and my druid which is 88 at the moment has 11. My druid is also a herbalist and have gathered 35 golden lotus so far.

Our guild provided flasks for everyone the first week, 12 hours of raiding, and 30 raiders, buying lotuses as 300g per max. So first week cost us 108k from the gbank, this week we are providing half the flasks needed. It's really not bad if you used the end of DS to cap your bank.

I use double elixirs as a tank. It's better anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not providing flasks for our 25 man either (at the moment). We've been sharing feasts, as quite a few get them from dailies...but to spend (4 lotus@200g x 25 raiders) 20,000g/night on this would hurt too much. If you're doing dailies it's not hard to collect 1-2 spirit's of harmony to turn in for lotus.
    My Armory
    *The Afflicted*
    **US-Greymane, 25 man 5/16 HM, US top 100**
    ***Recruiting core spots for almost every class for MoP***

Deleted
    It's a pain in the arse to organise. We have 36 hours of raiding next week, so need just under 360 golden lotus. I don't even really mind the cost, it's just much easier as an officer to manage giving out cauldrons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    It's a pain in the arse to organise. We have 36 hours of raiding next week, so need just under 360 golden lotus. I don't even really mind the cost, it's just much easier as an officer to manage giving out cauldrons.
    Dear god, full time raiders?!?! or do you have multiple 10 man groups? (assuming the later)
    My Armory
    *The Afflicted*
    **US-Greymane, 25 man 5/16 HM, US top 100**
    ***Recruiting core spots for almost every class for MoP***

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatos View Post
    Dear god, full time raiders?!?! or do you have multiple 10 man groups? (assuming the later)
    We're doing extra raids at start of Mogu heroic & normal modes of the other two. Raiding every night of the week + saturday/sun daytime xD So 9 raids of 4 hours each.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    36 hours really...........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    36 hours really...........
    5 hours/day, maybe they're top 10 stuff.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I think if we institute a "Bring your own flask" policy everyone is going to instantly switch to alchemy for the double time

More ideas guys??

Farm?

That's about it. Getting Spirits and using alts as Gatherers for $$$. That's probably the best ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a 10man guild we have over 40 of the max level feasts (The best ones) and over 40 of each flask type.

People farm herbs, other people farm cooking mats.

We've even decked our core team out with full DMC trinkets because of the amount of team effort going into farming materials.

Just farm the herbs. Not all that difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

just like prior to cauldrons? everyone brings their own. If you are not ready to raid ie... flasked/potted/repaired/food then gtfo?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    5 hours/day, maybe they're top 10 stuff.
    or not even. When I raided with a top 25 US guild we always were so anxious to get in there week 1. that we usually pushed our 16 hour schedule to atleast 25+ not including the alt 10 mans we would form at like 2am after raids were done for the day .

We were lucky enough to have ALOT of gold from DS.

25man guild with around ~30 raiders any one night in the raid. 5 hours, by 5 days at the moment. 25x30 = 750 flasks per week.

We are trying to get raiders to give a spirit a day for us, and we are buying any lotus's we can from a lot of other guilds on server.

1/4 of a mill a week raiding at the moment, hahaha. It's a bit crazy.
    Last edited by Izzyotta; 2012-10-09 at 09:51 PM.