Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    It's LFR, It's free loot, has been since it got released in Cata, nothing new.
    Reason why I hate it..
    Normal raids is also free loot. So are quests. So is PvP. You hate all those things too? Sounds like you are playing the wrong game.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    First players who hit lvl 90 are usually not the stupidest ones so ...
    Wait like 4 months and then speak again.
    And try to recall how Cata LFR was 1-2 months ago.
    If you like you can find some of the topics here.
    People and their short-term memories...

Quote Originally Posted by sushimon View Post
    Just finished the new LFR for vaults in 20 minutes after release, no strategy, no discussions, chain pulled, complete pug, no deaths.
    Was insanely easy. 3 Tank and spanks.
    1 person got loot from all 3 bosses, no coins used.
    I got loot from last boss only, no coins used.
    90 valor points upon completion.
    Only 3 bosses this week.
    Sushimon-Illidan Us Horde

Discuss!
    So you made an account here simply for the sole purpose of saying easy content is easy? Go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcis View Post
    First players who hit lvl 90 are usually not the stupidest ones so ...
    This pretty much, the niblets will be in the minority at this point, I think in a few weeks we're going to see some major derpage.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

It is just as easy as DS was, And honestly it is good that it is easy. The last thing I want to do is wipe for 3 hours with a bunch of random people I will never see again.

Ontop of that, most of the people with the gear to run Lfr right now are not bad players.

Something that was meant to be easy, is actually EASY?!?!

Stop the Fucking Presses.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Good, they can keep normal at "above faceroll level" and make heroics challenging.

Sounds like everythings working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    blizzard failed again at LFR if this is true. LFR should be for casual skilled players who cant raid with a guild cuz of RL shedule. It should not be for every noob out there in wow
    Unfortunately, this simply isn't possible. The higher the skill requirement of content, the more co-ordination, planning and set up it requires. Even if they simply upped the difficulty of LFR bosses, it would only result in random people leaving after every failed pull.
    Ashr

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    Unfortunately, this simply isn't possible. The higher the skill requirement of content, the more co-ordination, planning and set up it requires. Even if they simply upped the difficulty of LFR bosses, it would only result in random people leaving after every failed pull.
    On the beta LFR was actualy fun to do cuz you could not faceroll it. It had the right difficulty, you had to do the tactics. You know raiding is about wiping and learning even on LFR this should be true and on the beta people were willing to wipe and learn till we downed it. But if you can ignore every ability from the boss where is the raiding experience? People can see how the bosses look but they wont experience the fight how they were designed. Look at DS the zon'ozz fight, the main mechanic there was to bounce the void but on FLR most people didnt even know what the void does, they just nuked the boss.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went in with absolutely no knowledge of the encounters whatsoever. Walked out of it having observed very few things.

1. Stone Guards - the fight is a clusterfuck but I didn't learn anything more than that.

2. Feng? - Get out of the epicenter and drop the fire in the middle of nowhere.

3. Troll Guy - he casts something called Voodoo Doll.

That is literally all I got from those fights. Did kill normal Stone Guards later on this evening with the guild though.

I'm okay with it. As mentioned, I'd prefer not to wipe for a million years because I'm stuck in a raid with 24 randoms who cave the hand-eye coordination of a slug.

On the beta LFR was actualy fun to do cuz you could not faceroll it. It had the right difficulty, you had to do the tactics. You know raiding is about wiping and learning even on LFR this should be true and on the beta people were willing to wipe and learn till we downed it. But if you can ignore every ability from the boss where is the raiding experience? People can see how the bosses look but they wont experience the fight how they were designed. Look at DS the zon'ozz fight, the main mechanic there was to bounce the void but on FLR most people didnt even know what the void does, they just nuked the boss.
    A majority of the people who were active in the beta were hardcore raiders using LFR to familiarize themselves with encounter mechanics i.e they came there with the willingness to learn. Even for such groups, the bosses required some effort and like you said, tactics couldn't be ignored. You just don't get people with the same mentality on live though. How often have we seen people leaving after one pull on Spine because the tank didn't lift the plate up properly with Amalgamations?

If the beta version of LFR had gone live without any changes, we'd just see endless QQ from the masses who only want free loot. If you want a proper raiding experience, you are not going to get it in LFR. I don't see a way to change that.
    Ashr

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    And to be honest, thats because someone usually did take care of the void and use the mechanic. At least, on the LFR fights I went into. And it wasn't always me. You'd be better off stating that the mechanic, on LFR, wasn't strictly necessary...that it was possible to win the fight without using it. Which is true, especially later on when gear levels were high. It simply took ages.

LFR, like it or not, NEEDS to be easy. It can't work if you expect coordination that isn't there....that may even be impossible due to language barriers.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2012-10-10 at 06:21 AM.

I'm glad that Feng's mechanics can still result in a wipe at these early gear levels.

I'm sad that healers, two months from now, will be cussed out because you're too much of an drooling 4chan-idiot to learn the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    And to be honest, thats because someone usually did take care of the void and use the mechanic. At least, on the LFR fights I went into. And it wasn't always me. You'd be better off stating that the mechanic, on LFR, wasn't strictly necessary...that it was possible to win the fight without using it. Which is true, especially later on when gear levels were high. It simply took ages.

LFR, like it or not, NEEDS to be easy. It can't work if you expect coordination that isn't there....that may even be impossible due to language barriers.

EJL
    i see your not familiar to the zon'ozz normal mode. The void had to be bounced between ranged and mele, which had to be stacked in 2 spots. If 1 person would get hit by the void he would get 1 shoted. And after gathering few stacks of the debuff the mele had to move so the boss would get hit by the void. On LFR this mechanic was non existent. Someone just bounced the void by himself and then the boss just soaked it. That means the LFR fight had lets say 70% of the mechanics put away. This system should be called Looking for free gear cuz there is nothing from a actual raid. A raid means you have to learn how to beat the boss not go faceroll get loot and exit. Did you enjoy to do LFR with 10 people afk cuz the fight was so easy and without any mechanics that they should pay attention to?

drugs are bad mkay... lfr is just as easy as it was in cata and you can still get in groups that stand in crap or explode on the raid. The intention of lfr, is to be easy and an introduction to raiding. How many times does blizzard have to even say that?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it's exactly what it's supposed to be... Good to know.

I just queued with my guild and dual-boxed my wife's healer because she was out playing pool tourney. Yes, it was so easy I could dual-box tank and healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Oh good, I thought it was going to be a nightmare but I guess not. We'll have to see how LFR Elegon is tuned though.
    Yeah, imagine if it had gone live the way it was on beta >_<

People would have wiped for hours on each boss.

So, good to hear it's been tuned down.

Deleted
    Also went in without prior knowledge:

1. Stone Guards

Tanks messed some swaps resulting in petrification. No deaths, so no complaints. Down on the 4th try.

2. Feng

No one even moved out of Epicenter, most dropped their fire in the melee pack. Healers coped easily.

3. Garajal

Tank and spank. Ranged took care of the spirit world I assume, because I didn't

Deleted
    Not sure why people hate LFR. It gives alot of people the opportunity to see endgame-content and as a hardcore-player you won't be bothered since LFR-gear and normal/hc-gear is seperated.