Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Rather want it removed then. 1st boss was just a DPS, and move abit for me. 2nd boss was again just move from quake, else DPS.
    Its actually bad to move out of quake in lfr :P

We had half of the dps doing 20k dps. So in ilvl 460+ they are not experienced raiders or they were slacking on purpose. Still finished everything. Started everything without discussing tactics and the only time we had problems was in p3 on Feng. It's LFR.

U got lucky with ur group!

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    U got lucky with ur group!
    Yes and no. In my experience groups earlier in the week seem to be better than groups later in the week. Still luck, but going earlier seems to increase your chances of getting a decent group. Could just be my experience though.

No one is looking to LFR for challenging raiding and that's not its purposes.

As for loot, welcome to the world of independent probability.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Yes and no. In my experience groups earlier in the week seem to be better than groups later in the week. Still luck, but going earlier seems to increase your chances of getting a decent group. Could just be my experience though.
    Even before LFR, the earlier in the week you pug, the better selection of geared & skilled players there are that aren't already saved.

Even though 'lockouts' dont apply as strictly to LFR, the concept is the same. The earlier in the week you do LFR, the more players looking for that 'one last drop' there are doing it.

Deleted
    Last night, couple of hours before the maintenance, i did LFR will of the emperor only (i couldnt find a fresh run).

This is the only fight so far i have no experience at, and since we re still (with my group other group of the guild is at 5%) far from killing elegon, i hadn't even seen the basics of the encounter.
    The fight was long the positioning of the two bosses stationary and the only thing i needed to do as a tank was to avoid the bosses special ability, stay out of the circles on the ground from the strengths of the emberor (and obviously tank them) and stay alive.
    We one shotted it. Now we did so with me taking at the begining almost all of the bosses special abilities.
    I was avoiding the circles relatively easy, got cought in one in the entire encounter.
    And i was relatively succesfull into avoiding the bosses aoe, after the first couple of times he did it.

What was happening on the other side?
    The other tank was also eating the bosses special abilities, but wasnt even tanking the big adds!
    They were lose in the raid.
    Rages were all in the raid while they were supposed to be slowed and downed before they reach somebody. None was delt in such manner.

Still the raid did a smooth kill with 24 people alive without any wipe from a group gathered last moment before reset, after midnight.
    So yea.
    It is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    Last night, couple of hours before the maintenance, i did LFR will of the emperor only (i couldnt find a fresh run).

This is the only fight so far i have no experience at, and since we re still (with my group other group of the guild is at 5%) far from killing elegon, i hadn't even seen the basics of the encounter.
    The fight was long the positioning of the two bosses stationary and the only thing i needed to do as a tank was to avoid the bosses special ability, stay out of the circles on the ground from the strengths of the emberor (and obviously tank them) and stay alive.
    We one shotted it. Now we did so with me taking at the begining almost all of the bosses special abilities.
    I was avoiding the circles relatively easy, got cought in one in the entire encounter.
    And i was relatively succesfull into avoiding the bosses aoe, after the first couple of times he did it.

What was happening on the other side?
    The other tank was also eating the bosses special abilities, but wasnt even tanking the big adds!
    They were lose in the raid.
    Rages were all in the raid while they were supposed to be slowed and downed before they reach somebody. None was delt in such manner.

Still the raid did a smooth kill with 24 people alive without any wipe from a group gathered last moment before reset, after midnight.
    So yea.
    It is easy.
    Actually on this fight the dps should be killing the adds before they get to you. They don't do much damage and are easily tanked by DPS.

Deleted
    There are 3 types of adds.
    The strengths should be tanked and killed.
    The rages should be slowed and killed before they reach their target
    And finaly the shielded big fellows that fixate on tank, should also be killed before they reach the tank.

So ye, 2 out of three types of adds should not be tanked, neither i attempted to do so.
    The Strengths of the Emperor however, should.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Free loot! Er, I mean, "seeing the content", that. Also "learning to raid", by stacking in a single group and ignoring all the mechanics.
    My group last week tried to ignore the floor shattering mechanic on Elegon. That didn't work out that well for them.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Actually on normal a plate dps ''tanks'' the strenght since they dont do any damage if you avoid the stuns. No need to burden your tank with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    There are 3 types of adds.
    The strengths should be tanked and killed.
    The rages should be slowed and killed before they reach their target
    And finaly the shielded big fellows that fixate on tank, should also be killed before they reach the tank.

So ye, 2 out of three types of adds should not be tanked, neither i attempted to do so.
    The Strengths of the Emperor however, should.
    The strengths are very easy for a dps to tank in LFR, the attack is predictable and avoidable, having them near the tank during devastating combos is a liability that doesn't need to exist. They do very little damage.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    My group last week tried to ignore the floor shattering mechanic on Elegon. That didn't work out that well for them.
    lol... oh there goes half the raid

Oh there goes the whole raid at Elegon ).. Happened to me last night, i have some tries on normal and i knew to get out, but the rest didn't. Funny to see 24 players going down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    blizzard failed again at LFR if this is true. LFR should be for casual skilled players who cant raid with a guild cuz of RL shedule. It should not be for every noob out there in wow
    No, if you can' raid with a guild, you pug. LFR has a will aways be for everyone. But if you got 1 decent tank 10 good dps, and 1 very good healer or 2 good healers, you can carry the rest