Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #141
    You don't want LFR to be hard, trust me, you'd never get shit done in there. Ran it last night with half a guild group, didn't get any loot but I did get 2 sigils

  2. #142
    if we run it again today, can we get more sigils?

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    You don't want LFR to be hard, trust me, you'd never get shit done in there. Ran it last night with half a guild group, didn't get any loot but I did get 2 sigils
    Rather want it removed then. 1st boss was just a DPS, and move abit for me. 2nd boss was again just move from quake, else DPS, we did it with less than 20 people with no difference (people left, raid dosent fill up in combat), and 3rd boss we wiped cause off baddies, but basicly 20 man it on 3rd try when people didnt ninja pull etc.

    If this is a stepping stone to raiding I gotta laugh.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Rather want it removed then.
    You're aware of how ludicrously unrealistic you're being, right? LFR saved WoW, and especially WoW raiding, in the latter part of Cataclysm. They'll remove it only if they replace it with something even easier.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  5. #145
    LFR, killed all three bosses, extra roll on each boss = no loot.

  6. #146
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You're aware of how ludicrously unrealistic you're being, right? LFR saved WoW, and especially WoW raiding, in the latter part of Cataclysm. They'll remove it only if they replace it with something even easier.
    Fail. If it did indeed save wow and ESPECIALLY wow raiding, then all it did was bring it back to life - and it is a zombie version of what it used to be.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 04:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilezor View Post
    in cata i didnt like lLFR because i found it ruined the fights when i went onto normal. So ive decided, unless i really really need the loot for progression, i will not be doing LFR.
    If there really as easy as you say im glad im avoiding them.
    if more "raiders" were like you there would be less QQ about LFR.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    i see your not familiar to the zon'ozz normal mode.
    You stated that the mechanic of "bouncing the void" wasn't there in LFR. It is. Its much simplified, to the point of being optional...but it is there.

    EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2012-10-12 at 01:12 PM.

  8. #148
    yea I tried LFR today for the first time and it was too easy..straight pulls, no tact, no wipes

    spent 2 charms = 2 pieces of loot

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Fail. If it did indeed save wow and ESPECIALLY wow raiding, then all it did was bring it back to life - and it is a zombie version of what it used to be.
    I notice you aren't actually contradicting what I wrote, so it's not clear how my post was "fail". Do you think it is at all realistic that they will get rid of LFR? Be honest now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  10. #150
    Mechagnome khatsoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    606
    Used 3 coins in LFR. Used 2 coins in 2 Sha of Anger kills. Still no f*cking loot! Woot!!

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Actually it was intended to be a bit more challenging than Dragon Soul. More communication should be required and people should generally have more problems with the bosses and not just burst through.

    Intended? Possibly. Desireable Certainly to some.

    Feasible? Probably not. You literally cannot balance an encounter around a level of coordination and communication that you cannot guarantee. You have 25 people who likely don't know each other, who don't care too much about raiding, who probably won't talk to each other coming into the raid and expecting them to work together within a few minutes is NOT going to happen. That's leaving aside the very real scenario of having a raid where several languages are spoken.

    Coordination and communication can be expected in a Normal level raid where it can be expected, with reasonable certainty, that it will be guilds taking part. For LFR? So long as you expect LFR to be used by people who cannot or will not join a guild, or to have it used by PuGs, and so on...coordination and communication cannot be assumed. Quite the opposite - you have to assume communication and coordination are minimal, maybe even to the point of not existing. Well...almost.

    EJL

  12. #152
    Its the first bosses. ITs not meant to be super fucking hardcore you do this or you die mechanics.

    3 bosses out of 16. OFC its gonna start of easy.

    First 3 bosses in any raids are super easy anyway regardless of tier.

    Besides you dont have to do it.

  13. #153
    Feng wiped my group 7 times before I quit.

    Admittedly, twice was because the tank pulled the boss to wipe us on purpose because we kicked his friend that went afk for 15 minutes.

    But 4 wipes in phase 3 because of Resonance. Apperently stacking up and moving out of the group are two concepts people don't understand. Only reason we got through phase 2 was because of healer cooldowns, and then by phase 3 we're all struggling for mana and have no cooldowns left.

    Swell. Looking For Retards at its best.

  14. #154
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376
    Did first run without issues... Then thought I would try my luck again since there was a few more items for upgrades - now I got one of said items thats not the issue. But first boss... /sigh... The idiot tanks wanted to use strategy for normal mode. Nothing wrong with that on its own however since its lfr its not needed, and it wiped us since the petrification went through due to it. No deaths due to it ofc, so no majorly pissed people, but still means idiots can cause a wipe there
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  15. #155
    Stone guard - Tanks tanked them all on top of each other. DPS until it died. Didn't have to do any mechanics nor worry about whether or not it was going to petrify as they're all spamming overload.

    Feng - tank and spank until arcane phase and some people died due to resonance.

    Gar'jal - complete face roll. nobody did totems.

  16. #156
    LFR is not that challenging, more at eleven.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  17. #157
    there might be a bug with the lfr tho, coz after you do the first raid with lfr you're not supposed to be able to loot the bosses you killed but by using a coin you can bypass this, potentially atleast, i dunno, if it is working as intended or if its a bug, all i know is, i got 2 purples on the first run and 2 purples on the 2nd run when i used coins as i didnt get the normal caches you get from bosses but i got the loot from coin rolls.

  18. #158
    Mogu LFR seems a little harder than DS LFR was at release. But pretty similar.

  19. #159
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    there might be a bug with the lfr tho, coz after you do the first raid with lfr you're not supposed to be able to loot the bosses you killed but by using a coin you can bypass this, potentially atleast, i dunno, if it is working as intended or if its a bug, all i know is, i got 2 purples on the first run and 2 purples on the 2nd run when i used coins as i didnt get the normal caches you get from bosses but i got the loot from coin rolls.
    I'm pretty sure it's intended, I hope so either way.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  20. #160
    Second half is harder than first half.

    That said... The only thing ever difficult about LFR has been getting 24 other people who know what they are doing.

    On first half idiots will get resonance stay in melee range wipe half the melee, it happens and has nothing to do with how good the other players are, 1 idiot and it's a wipe.
    Then just wait till you are on elegon and the floor drops out with half the raid still on it... Or on will of the emperor and everyone ignores the adds...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •