So many articles on this aspect have been springing up on the official forums; Rift Junkies too has put up a new article discussing the same.
Much as I enjoy Casual PvP in Rift (Conquest is one of the best feature in any MMO from my perspective); I do think we as a community can give constructive feedback on what we would like to see going forward.
I have 2 cents I'd like to chip in and discuss going forward:
1. Revamp the Prestige system; it will be quite daunting for new joiners in SL to obtain the current 50 ranks and whatever additional ranks are implemented post level 50.
2. Eliminate the minimal PvE aspects already found in existing battlegrounds (such as Conquest); PvP players hate them because they detract from actual PvP
3. Better reward for more time invested in PvP. (?) would love to flesh this out more, but conflicting opinions will vary. I love the PvP costumes, but I think giving more such leet rewards would make any grind worthwhile and encourage causal PvEers to participate more in PvP events.
4. Innovation is more needed in this field, and I think Trion should not be afraid to try new things. Storm Legion really appeals to PvE'rs and there is no harm in experimenting to set a niche that isn't found in other MMO's. We can think out of the box here, I for one would love to see zone events like the gates of AQ but with a PvP twist
5. With a mercenary system in place, and given the mass appeal of PvE, there is no harm in potentially introducing a feature that involves a single chamber, with an OP raid boss, (something akin to the Archlich in conquest) but with an added twist like the wave boss in Drowned Halls. I would love to be able to go in there, deal with a boss with interesting mechanics, and manage heals or dps in a gankfest environment. needless to say, there would be no proper "win criteria" unless we use a last man standing when boss goes down approach or a kill count. (or whichever side does more damage to boss maybe?)
any additional comments and feedback would be interesting to read; lets help Elrar with some ideas :P