Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Again while doing testing, with Rawr if you still wish to go with a full crit build set the Mitigation/Threat Option to 100%. Every single set I've tested with generates a near 7.5% Hit, 15% Exp, Full Blown Crit > Mastery > Haste = Dodge build. If you don't feel this is right, let me know.
    The stat priority seems logical, altho I'd question the wisdom of going to the full 15% expertize cap and prioritizing mastery (armor) over haste (rage) for magical damage/bleed type of encounter.

15% exp cap, from a Rage per second pov you get a 7.5% better chance (compared to the 7.5% dodge cap) for your white melee swings to connect. This rating doesn't help your yellow damage (mangle!) chance to land or their crit (mangle->rage) potential, I may be wrong but I'd rather have those rating points turned into crit instead to also help on fights with adds and with misc dps tasks. Also it may be higher rage per second to have the 7.5% extra expertize rating points above dodge cap turned into crit

The way I'd see it it should be something like: 7.5% Hit > Full Blown Crit > 7.5% Exp> Haste > Mastery >= Dodge > 15% exp

Maybe I ought to hack TheeTova's spreadsheet a bit to do a double check on this
    Last edited by hexaq; 2012-10-29 at 07:59 AM.

This rating doesn't help your yellow damage (mangle!) chance to land or their crit (mangle->rage) potential
    Yes it does.

Yeah as Arielle said, yellow damage can be parried!

That certainly puts things in a new light

Deleted
    I tried Sejtas route of Hit/Exp capping and going pure crit. It works surprisingly well.

Admittedly, I do not raid as guardian, I merely do 5 mans and the occasional world boss.

The math works out that way Ixuzcc. I know I've posted (shamelessly) before but here is my posts, math, and spreadsheets if you are interested in pursuing the way of the bear further!

Guardian Stat Wieghts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeTova View Post
    The math works out that way Ixuzcc. I know I've posted (shamelessly) before but here is my posts, math, and spreadsheets if you are interested in pursuing the way of the bear further!

Guardian Stat Wieghts
    Cheers Posted on an ipad before, so I didn't go through the thread much earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Gara'jal or any other boss like him? I am presently going in line of hit/expertise > crit and then everything else. But should I get for that fight mastery > dodge over hit/crit/exp as the vodoo dolls connected to me get 80% of my damage and more armor+more passive dodge for the win? or should I just get more mastery to the armor cap (if there is even anything like that)?

Personally i would do Mastery>Dodge because HoF bosses have some AoE that do physical damage that dodge can't do nothing about. Mastery increases your EH makes your damage taken less spiky, and dodge has such a huge diminishing return that its not funny which shafts the only tanks that can't parry.

I am hit/soft exp cap, and rest goes to crit. So far 4/6, I felt fine in most cases as the aoe physical damage abilities usually gives you time to recharge sd charges and allow you to frenzy regen while your healers focus on the raid. This mainly applies to the 4th boss as his aoe was pretty mcuh rape on my raid.
    I have yet to try mastery all the way, but I would definitely choose mastery over dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    What about Gara'jal or any other boss like him? I am presently going in line of hit/expertise > crit and then everything else. But should I get for that fight mastery > dodge over hit/crit/exp as the vodoo dolls connected to me get 80% of my damage and more armor+more passive dodge for the win? or should I just get more mastery to the armor cap (if there is even anything like that)?
    For that fight I'm keeping the crit and hit/exp build, and simply making full use of SD.
    Gara'jal in particular you get to tank in 40-45s ? chunks at a time, that overlaps beautifully with the max time you can sustain SD at 100% uptime. When is your turn to tank simply put up SD and be careful to 'plug' any holes in SD uptime with a defensive CD, you should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hexaq View Post
    For that fight I'm keeping the crit and hit/exp build, and simply making full use of SD.
    Gara'jal in particular you get to tank in 40-45s ? chunks at a time, that overlaps beautifully with the max time you can sustain SD at 100% uptime. When is your turn to tank simply put up SD and be careful to 'plug' any holes in SD uptime with a defensive CD, you should be fine.
    Yep, around that is the timeframe. More DPS is always nice to have. Gara'jal is our progression atmo (given that we get even past the first 2 (oh, lest stand in shit, oh lets set the boss and tanks on fire :/ )) so reforging and gemming is not a problem.

Although I have hard time believing my healers, who say that I'm easy to heal... Considering that my HP most of the time is lowish and I'm almost dead (but that could be my own fault as well).

why the fuck dodge at 3rd place, it's the most worst stat now, coz u have `savage defence` ability that boost it and coz of diminishng return u other dodge would be usless at all, if u can't mantain it with rage u do smth wrong in ur rotation...
    agility > stamina > crit> hit=exp >mastery

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    why the fuck dodge at 3rd place, it's the most worst stat now, coz u have `savage defence` ability that boost it and coz of diminishng return u other dodge would be usless at all, if u can't mantain it with rage u do smth wrong in ur rotation...
    The thing is that when Savage defense is not up (after you reach a point where you run out of SD stacks), all you have going for you is your base dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    The thing is that when Savage defense is not up (after you reach a point where you run out of SD stacks), all you have going for you is your base dodge.
    in that 2-3 sec ur dodge is useless as I said and it won't save you, as I said coz there is diminishig return

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    1. It's not possible to maintain savage defense 100%, it has charges.
    2. DR doesn't apply to savage defense
    3. Having savage defense up actually makes any other dodge you have better; at 66% dodge, adding another +1% reduces incoming damage by 3%, while at 0% dodge adding +1% only reduces incoming damage by 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeTova View Post
    So do we just put these stats weight into AskMrRobot? Will we get hit/exp cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Damafan View Post
    If you have the available reforges to get to caps yeah. Just plug those in and the reforge should work out to what's optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Damafan View Post
    God no never use MR.Robot its garbage use this site for your reforging:

http://wowreforge.com/Import

You plug in your caps if you want, all your stat values and it will you show a few different ways to maximize your reforging with your stat values.

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    1. It's not possible to maintain savage defense 100%, it has charges.
    2. DR doesn't apply to savage defense
    3. Having savage defense up actually makes any other dodge you have better; at 66% dodge, adding another +1% reduces incoming damage by 3%, while at 0% dodge adding +1% only reduces incoming damage by 1%.
    how does 1% dodge = 3% dmg reduction? never thought of dodge as damage reduction o.o

Im running hit/soft exp, crit build and I feel like its working. During the sd charge downtime, which don't always occur unless no tank swaps happen at all, you have other cds and frenzy regen to cover the spike hits you take.
    I haven't tried mastery/dodge builds yet, I thought about it but haven't had the opportunity to reforge/regem for it.