Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did the first 2 bosses in MSV favoring hit/exp/crit. Regemmed for mastery/dodge and changed reforges a bit. I was not that satisfied with the amount of which I could use SD, since I didn't have enough rage. But by asking healer they like that I take less spiky damage that if I would favor the exp/hit. But so probably I could consider staying with this build as regemming/reforging gets bit expensive, considering we are not a high progression guild. Or should I still prefer the "DPS build" for better healing for 2 first bosses in MSV?

me - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Keket/advanced
    Gara'jal - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/a5vwd...ses&boss=60143
    General logs - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/a5vwdpn60nxndpwq/ (first 2 fights are hit cap, and over exp soft cap + crit)

Any ideas what to change? I know that I need to improve my CD and skill usage lot...

I did the first 2 bosses in MSV favoring hit/exp/crit. Regemmed for mastery/dodge and changed reforges a bit. I was not that satisfied with the amount of which I could use SD, since I didn't have enough rage. But by asking healer they like that I take less spiky damage that if I would favor the exp/hit. But so probably I could consider staying with this build as regemming/reforging gets bit expensive, considering we are not a high progression guild. Or should I still prefer the "DPS build" for better healing for 2 first bosses in MSV?
    For normals there's no reason not to run Hit/Exp/Crit/Haste. Nothing hits remotely hard enough to warrant Dodge or Mastery. Correct usage of SD/FR will get you through normals pretty easily.

Dodge is avoidance, not reduction like armor but reduction in total damage taken. Works in the same way as armor in value per % as well; Both have diminishing returns in game, you need more points to get the next 1% reduction, because both reduce damage taken exponentially.

If you get hit 100 times for 10k each, you take 1,000,000 damage. With 50% dodge, you take 500,000. With 51% dodge you take 490,000. That is 2% less than 500,000, so 2% less damage your healers need to account for. At 99%, 1% reduction is a 100% reduction in relative damage taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    My healers said that the trouble with myself using my FR or NS+HT or all the combination of both, they do overhealing. As when I see my health drop due to which ever reason I pop a CD or 2 and use my FR, which at 80k+ vengence does pretty nice healing. And when I have healed myself I tend to do it fraction of a second before they manage to get a heal on me, which results in their wasted mana. I know that most probably I should trust the healers, but I dislike sitting at 35% health when what ever next comes may kill me.

Do you have any suggestion for the healers on how to heal the spike damage I get when I favor DPS stats, rather than avoidance?

I use FR almost on cooldown, that means I get lots of smaller heals that have a lower tendency to overheal and smoothens (<-is that a word?) the damage intake. Also use double stamina trinkets for fights with heavy FR usage, this will work wonders on your spiky-ness.
    For reference my bear which favors stamina enchants, can reach bout 600k health raid buffed/flasked for these fights.
    Think of it in terms of "150k fire damage on a 500k health pool vs 150k fire damage a 600k health pool", %drop is lower for the bigger health pool.

Also I don't use NS+HT, since it can't be macroed into 1 button press (you need to eighter do a castsequence or 2 separate buttons) it can't be really used as a panic button. I got renewal talent instead, hotkeyed on 'numpad +' for easy acess

Or you could think about glyphing FR. Possibly flawed napkin math:
    Our healers usually do about 40k HPS-ish, considering about 10k HPS of that to be used on raid healing, that leaves 30k hps on tank heal. 30k *40% = ~12k extra healer HPS, 2 healers = 20-24k hps
    Considering bear hps between 15-22k HPS, depending on various factors, it's about a wash for normal content but I'd favor self healing over glyphed.
    Last edited by hexaq; 2012-11-01 at 07:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just should say to the healers that I heal myself and they can take it bit more easier?

And I do have both stam. trinkets, I had them on, on the 2 first bosses, did the trinket swap and regemming/reforging for Gara'jal. As for NS+HT I have them on separate keybinds, but keep the NS on most of the times (as it won't run out until I use the HT)

Healing Done for the first 2 bosses: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/a5vwd.../?s=712&e=1138 and http://worldoflogs.com/reports/a5vwd...?s=3798&e=4266

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 03:12 PM ----------

Also. The agility bonus of an item, worth to try to keep or not? Trying with hit/exp caps > crit/mastery as well on gear + dodge gemming on some sockets. But I don't want to reforge crit/mastery to hit/exp. There are no orange hit/mastery only green one seem to have hit/mastery. Should I replace few pure yellow gems with green ones? (I'm sorry but the gemming and reforging gives me a headache... )

I took down all my reforged, minus the hast > hit one. Any advice on how can I get hit and exp to 7.5% w/o loosing much crit/mastery? Link to Keket in sig.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2012-11-01 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hexaq View Post
    Also I don't use NS+HT, since it can't be macroed into 1 button press (you need to eighter do a castsequence or 2 separate buttons) it can't be really used as a panic button. I got renewal talent instead, hotkeyed on 'numpad +' for easy acess

#showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
    /cast nature's swiftness
    /cast healing touch
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

A Real Nature's Swiftness Macro!

I even show how to work it into clique. I quite often use it for other things rather than healing me to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    With present reforges I am somewhat satisfied with the incoming rage and no complaints from healers, so I will my hit/exp > mastery=crit for now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeTova View Post
    #showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
    /cast nature's swiftness
    /cast healing touch
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

A Real Nature's Swiftness Macro!

I even show how to work it into clique. I quite often use it for other things rather than healing me to be honest.
    O.o so THAT was the solution !

:happy teary face:

So more news from the world of bear. Not much discussion has gone on about FR and glyphed or not so, mostly to the credit to thefool808 on EJ, here's some more info.

Glyph or Unglyphed FR, That Is The Question

From TheFool808 on EJ

total healing = t, FR healing percent = p

t*p = (t - t*p)* .4
    p = .4 - .4p
    1.4p = .4
    p = .4/1.4
    p = 28.57%

Essentially we're looking at about >28.57% of our healing Unglyphed is better.

Note in the blog post I extended it to account for your RPS if you're interested in seeing that.

Essentially we're looking at about >28.57% of our healing Unglyphed is better.
    I mean if we're ignoring things like healer HPS, timing, overheal, etc. then sure.

That leaves out a TON of variables which are necessary to determine which option is better. Given that FR is used to heal yourself when healers can't heal you in time, that analysis is pretty meaningless since it essentially implies that Unglyphed is only better on Stone Guard (which is completely not true).

Oh course, I make that kind of disclaimer in the actual blog at the bottom. Of course this is just the math to help understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ This guy above knows what's he talking. Read over the blog, got stunned. What's else is needed ? LOL

Nature's Swiftness, if i were to choose it for the tier 2 talents. Definitely will be because of the instant rebirth, with glyph.. it's 100% instant rebirth on any raid / party member. Works absolutely nice for certain situations. But then again, the instant healing touch isn't that much of appealing over renewal as a 20% heals only. It's just like a health stone, renewal has 30% scales with Incarnation even more hp gain..

I'm having a 96.99% uptime on SD / FR after using the spreadsheet. Gemming according to his blogpost link.
    Last edited by lmm0rtal; 2012-11-09 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Renewal scales with incarnation O.o how does that work?
    Sorry.. My bad.. Scales with might of ursoc. Haha!

This thread has me more confused... What are the "standard" stat weights for Druid Guardians? Icy-Veins says Stam, Agi, Hit (Cap), Crit, Expertise (Cap) and Haste. Is that right? Mastery is off the table now?

Quote Originally Posted by Javster View Post
    This thread has me more confused... What are the "standard" stat weights for Druid Guardians? Icy-Veins says Stam, Agi, Hit (Cap), Crit, Expertise (Cap) and Haste. Is that right? Mastery is off the table now?
    What i found to work best is Hit/Exp-Soft>Crit>Mastery>Dodge>Haste

Gem wise

Red- Crit/Exp
    Blue- Crit/Stam
    Yellow- Crit

If you need extra health for a fight do it thru trinkets

Ok i havnt read the whole thread because its much to long but heres my 2 cents:

Crit 0.0416
    Agi 0.0296
    Dodge 0.0251
    Hit 0.0225
    Exp 0.0225
    Haste 0.0204
    Mastery 0.0109
    Armor 0.0063

This seems to be the current stat weightings according to those who do the math and ive gone for crit -> hit/exp myself.

In raid i have ~7.5% hit ~6% exp 45% crit 14% dodge ~88k armor. Healers have no problem healing me, and i find the extra dps from gemming crit can be helpful to the raid (90k dps on will this week). Added extra is extra rage which helps using savage defence on c/d and FR on cd also

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    stamina top prio again? ooo errr?
    Stamina is always technically the highest priority until you get "enough" (Generally, enough is being able to prevent any deaths due do taking multiple attacks within a 2 second period from full health and dieing from it. ATM, for instance, you need to be able to safely take the full 6 attacks from Sha of Fear's Dread Thrash without dieing instantly if you fail to mitigate them all)

Generally, with tanks, its more up to your healers- in theory, on Stone Guard, Crit/Hit/Expertise are your best stats given that 90% of thier damage comes from thier bleed attacks, allowing you to spam FR for the healing. Of course, if a healer is dedicated to healing you, and wants glyphed FR up 100% uptime, then just get enough rage gen for that, then put the rest into stam/dodge/mastery, whatever floats your healers boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    What i found to work best is Hit/Exp-Soft>Crit>Mastery>Dodge>Haste

Gem wise

Red- Crit/Exp
    Blue- Crit/Stam
    Yellow- Crit

If you need extra health for a fight do it thru trinkets
    I only have LFR experience to go by, but this is working very well for me.