Thread: Starlight Ink

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    At this point I think its fairly obvious why it hasn't gone in. This is not the first expansion where this transition has been made, so I'm finding it really hard to believe that one expansion later they are having so many issues with this. My guess is you don't see it until the DMF is gone.

Deleted
    Btw I hope the ratio for a stralight ink is a lot more thann 10 to 1. the whole thing has been distorted by the amount of herbs.

It has been confirmed that the ink trader will be updated in the upcoming tuesday meintenance. What a coincidance that DMF will be over by that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    It has been confirmed that the ink trader will be updated in the upcoming tuesday meintenance. What a coincidance that DMF will be over by that time.
    Source please?

they're 100% lying that this was bug related at all

this was done to manipulate the economy and appease the folks who cried about losing blackfallow inks. scribes are already making a LOT more than any other profession and when this goes live the profit margin is gonna be higher. if you buy the herbs to mill, you are making about 80% profit per card on average. i'm making exactly 81.22% profit per card and have made one every day, haven't picked one flower.

this will go live after DMF is gone, watch. that will give DMC time to pile up before the next one and the price will come down considerably. it would take about 5 mins to update the ink trader, with the tool they use to do this, they simply change what is in the inventory of the NPCs and they can even apply this fix to all ink traders since they can just copy one NPCs inventory to the others

there is no bug though. they were bombarded by people who "didn't know they couldn't trade in their blackfallow ink" and "dmcs are too high"

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Btw I hope the ratio for a stralight ink is a lot more thann 10 to 1. the whole thing has been distorted by the amount of herbs.
    starlight inks are selling for 400g per on my realm
    this conversion means they're worth about 35g after the ink trader goes life. that's a GREAT ratio if you look at it this way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    they're 100% lying that this was bug related at all

this was done to manipulate the economy and appease the folks who cried about losing blackfallow inks. scribes are already making a LOT more than any other profession and when this goes live the profit margin is gonna be higher. if you buy the herbs to mill, you are making about 80% profit per card on average. i'm making exactly 81.22% profit per card and have made one every day, haven't picked one flower.

this will go live after DMF is gone, watch. that will give DMC time to pile up before the next one and the price will come down considerably. it would take about 5 mins to update the ink trader, with the tool they use to do this, they simply change what is in the inventory of the NPCs and they can even apply this fix to all ink traders since they can just copy one NPCs inventory to the others

there is no bug though. they were bombarded by people who "didn't know they couldn't trade in their blackfallow ink" and "dmcs are too high"

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 01:34 PM ----------

starlight inks are selling for 400g per on my realm
    this conversion means they're worth about 35g after the ink trader goes life. that's a GREAT ratio if you look at it this way.
    Nope its a mess. the ink trader should be a smooth transition not a massive economic event in itself. Its no a great ratio if you already have starlight ink. Be better as 50:1. At 10:1 it will make the dmf trinkets a rubbish goldmaker.

Oh and I disagree it was anything to do with blackfallow ink, vecayse people had plenty of time to trade in. It was to counteract the stockpilers, but the price of herbs has plummeted becayse nobody contemplated here would be so many nodes.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2012-10-11 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Nope its a mess. the ink trader should be a smooth transition not a massive economic event in itself. Its no a great ratio if you already have starlight ink. Be better as 50:1. At 10:1 it will make the dmf trinkets a rubbish goldmaker.

Oh and I disagree it was anything to do with blackfallow ink, vecayse people had plenty of time to trade in. It was to counteract the stockpilers, but the price of herbs has plummeted becayse nobody contemplated here would be so many nodes.
    Its the one thing about the expansion that has bummed me out a bit. I changed mains and the new one was a herb/miner so going in I was actually pleased as I had just planned to sell off everything for the first few weeks til the market settled in. I was insanely disappointed to see just how many were floating around and that instead of stacks of ore and herbs sitting around 250g a stack for a while ( like they did in Cata) they were going for less than 100g a stack in 3-4 days.

Don't get me wrong I've made some money from herbs and inscription, but the only reason I have made it from inscription is because I had too ( herbs just not selling so needed something to do with it)

I'm still making a ton of gold from ores/herbs. Yesterday I did my usual set of dailies. Tillers/GL/Klaxxi. Just picking up stuff that appeared in my minimap while traveling around for dailies I got enough ore for 7 stacks of Ghost Iron Bars and milled 19 Starlight Inks which I threw up on the AH. All the bars sold for 300g a stack within an hour and as of this moment, all but 1 ink has sold for 340-350g. No point making cards when most cards are 5k-ish or lower on my server right now anyway. Just sell the inks.

So I made over 8k gold from my gathering profs in a few hours of play when I was running dailies. If I ever spent a night purely farming, I could make way more.

Of course I used a Scribe to mill and have an Alchemist so I can transmute to Trillum if that's more profitable. But they're both only level 85 and haven't set foot in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Source please?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794712085#1

Here.

There is no "confirmation" in that thread saying the coming maintenance (10/16) will come with an updated ink trader. The blue within that thread has actually stated that there is still no ETA as to when it will happen, whether the change is or is not coming before/after Tuesdays maintenance.

Deleted
    The updated Ink trader is live on EU

1 card 4k-32k
    hope it stays that way, easyest way to get money since the fucked op low lvl raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by detached View Post
    The updated Ink trader is live on EU
    I can confirm, busy right now trading in my inks. HALLELUJAH! :>

10+ Year Old Account
    very funny how there is nothing about it in the blue post and the ink traders are working just fine.

Guess it hasn't been updated for US servers yet, I'm still only seeing Black fallow and Inferno ink

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Guess it hasn't been updated for US servers yet, I'm still only seeing Black fallow and Inferno ink
    Boooo.

Please let it be soon.

I honestly hope it never goes in. I've made 120k this week from herbs alone.

Sigh, rolling restarts, there goes the cash cow.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2012-10-12 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Boooo.

Please let it be soon.
    Restarts are putting them in. I can maybe make 2 extra cards from the inks I have. Still waiting on someone to buy the trinket listed at 30,000g. I hate my realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Restarts are putting them in. I can maybe make 2 extra cards from the inks I have. Still waiting on someone to buy the trinket listed at 30,000g. I hate my realm.
    Awesome Sauce.

7 cards on my toon