Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weapon enchant for mages

After some raiding, casters in our guild have discussed whether Windsong are more viable than the old power torrent.

We came to the conclusion that the power torrent would benefit us all more than windsong.

Whats your opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think 500 int is better than 1500 secondary stat...at least not with this kind of gear at the begining of MoP

windsong has a very low proc rate for casters (not sure if this is a bug or intended). i had 4 procs in a 10 minute fight

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The old Cata enchants are better. Windsong does not proc for nothing! I can put DoTs on 5+ targets and never get one proc of Windsong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    windsong has a very low proc rate for casters (not sure if this is a bug or intended). i had 4 procs in a 10 minute fight
    It is confirmed to be a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'm playing as frost and got only 2 procs during a 9 min boss fight. I guess power torrent is the way to go then.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggamasta View Post
    I'm playing as frost and got only 2 procs during a 9 min boss fight. I guess power torrent is the way to go then.
    thats weird do you have any logs?

heres mine on elegon roughly 9min 10 procs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=4616&e=5139

I noticed this as well. I hope they will be fixing it soon.

If you look on the first or second page in the Bug section of the official forums you can find the post regarding the situation.

Looks like some people have noticed that it has started working properly just in the last few hours.

As enchanters will soon be able to get the Jade Spirit enchant it will be the best casters one.

What exactly are the proc rates, ICD (if any), and hidden rules of the MoP weapon enchants?

Elemental Force: 5PPM on melee damage, or non-periodic spell damage/healing, with a 0.1-second cooldown.
    Jade Spirit: 10% chance on spell damage or healing, 50-second cooldown.
    Windsong: 1PPM on melee damage, or non-periodic spell damage/healing, with a 1-second cooldown.
    This was a blue answer in the official forums during beta.
    It may have changed since then, but assuming it did not. What does it all mean? What is PPM?

Yerr windsong for me didnt proc on most of my spells making the procs quite rare, jade spirit on the other hand even procs on freaking evocation so gg at pre-evoc and 50% of your jade spirit is gone before the fight even starts xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I'm just not paying as much attention to the buff as I should, but I see it proc a decent amount. The thing is though sometimes I will in fact see it proc twice in a close time frame with 2 different buffs (haste and crit at the same time for example). I could just be not watching it enough, or maybe each proc has a seperate proc rate and one proc won't incure a general cooldown? I'm afraid I don't know as much about enchants has I probably should, feel free to correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yerr windsong for me didnt proc on most of my spells making the procs quite rare, jade spirit on the other hand even procs on freaking evocation so gg at pre-evoc and 50% of your jade spirit is gone before the fight even starts xD
    So does Windsong. Start an evo and it pops up both a crit and haste Windsong. frown.

oh and windsong should now be fixed according to blizzard..

Ya Windsong appears fixed. 32.5% uptime in my last boss fight that was 9 mins long.

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    Ya Windsong appears fixed. 32.5% uptime in my last boss fight that was 9 mins long.
    just a shame that its allmost too late now as we can allready get jade spirit

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    This was a blue answer in the official forums during beta.
    It may have changed since then, but assuming it did not. What does it all mean? What is PPM?
    Didn't see anyone answer you (and sorry to the OP for going a bit OT) but PPM stands for Procs Per minute.

#1 Jade spirit.
    If you dont have enough gold then go for Windsong.

Windsong still the go to enchant considering force procs off of DoT's now? I know Jade Spirit is best, but, horde side for my server does not have it yet.