HotW - worth weapon swap

I'm a resto Druid and I was wondering if there was a significant DPS boost if I used the global to swap to a agi staff as compared to my healing 1-h/oh (how about if i were usibg a caster staff) since most feral abilities are based off % weap DMG or if the ability compensates for this allredy.

-posted from my iPhone
    Last edited by Zenaur; 2012-10-09 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaur View Post
    I'm a resto Druid and I was wondering if there was a significant DPS boost if I used the global to swap to a agi staff as compared to my healing 1-h/oh (how about if i were usibg a caster staff) since most feral abilities are based off % weap DMG or if the ability compensates for this allredy.

-posted from my iPhone
    Weapon damage is worth the swap yes, as the talent only converts your Int/Agility/etc.

The global consumed whilst weapon switching can done at the same time as the shapeshift global, so the swap will happen whilst switching into cat anyway. As you're resto, you'll lose a global when switching back I guess - but when I do cat->moonkin the weapon swap can be done seamlessly again.

Deleted
    So is HotW with switching to cat (From a boomkin PoV) a bigger DPS increase than Nature's Vigil? Does anyone have concrete info on that yet?

As a resto druid, I swap to my agility staff during Hotw and felt like i lost dps. Looking at my character sheet, the weapon damage barely increased the size of my fbite. Also, keep in mind that 100% int = 100% agility, so if your weapons provide more int then your feral weapons, it can provide more dps in the end.
    Especially using mh/oh combo, it feels very clunky to me to swap to a 2 hander then back. I personally won't be swapping weapons unless I get an epic feral weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    So is HotW with switching to cat (From a boomkin PoV) a bigger DPS increase than Nature's Vigil? Does anyone have concrete info on that yet?
    The 6% extra Intellect alone makes HotW pretty much as good as NV, the extra Cat DPS tips it over.

You need to switch to cat (macro shapeshift with a feral weapon swap), open with rake, mangle to 5CP and then pool energy to 50. Drop a Ferocious Bite at 50 energy then immediately switch back to Moonkin form (again with an intellect weapon swap macro) reapply your two moonkin DoTs (plus shooting stars if available) and then back into cat - you'll be back to 100 energy now so you can repeat from the rake.

Repeat that till HoTW is over, if you time it with a tough raid healing phase you can also throw around your NS+HT or Tranquility to assist the healers with BIG heals.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    As a resto druid, I swap to my agility staff during Hotw and felt like i lost dps. Looking at my character sheet, the weapon damage barely increased the size of my fbite. Also, keep in mind that 100% int = 100% agility, so if your weapons provide more int then your feral weapons, it can provide more dps in the end.
    Especially using mh/oh combo, it feels very clunky to me to swap to a 2 hander then back. I personally won't be swapping weapons unless I get an epic feral weapon.
    The Feral Weapon should be at least the same item level yeah, but it shouldn't be clunky if you setup appropriate macro's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily, if you resto you might have +Spirit on your weapon, which would take away from dps.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So if using hotw how should we start?
    Start at 75 pre-lunar.
    Pre-pot
    Starfall
    Wrath
    Put your 2 dots up and then use hotw?

sine we have people saying opposite things, does anyone have any numbers to look at? i would like to test it out but since im resto i haven't been able to get a feral staff yet

If I remember correctly you only have the following cat damaging ablities as resto: mangle, rake, fb and swipe (for aoe). Neither rake nor fb are affected by weapon dps. their damage is purely based on attack power.