Thread: Light's Hammer

Light's Hammer

I noticed very bad pathing issues with this to the point where it despawns if I'm even an inch above or below where I place the hammer. This sucks, does anyone know if Blizz is intending to fix this?

I've had it happen where I throw the hammer, the cooldown gets activated, and nothing happens. Really annoying.

They also need to reduce the cd on that a bit imo

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post

They also need to reduce the cd on that a bit imo
    Definitely not, it's already almost better than Execution Sentence for single target damage. I think you need two ticks on a secondary target for it to beat Exec Sentence. Not to mention the healing. It is amazing for any AoE.

I think it's working just fine when it works, but any variance in height and it won't show up when thrown. It has also disappeared on occasion when I move from a different height but that may just be a weird bug at that spot because that doesn't happen consistently. The only thing consistently messing up is throwing it at a different height.

Not only do I get the pathing issue (it wont drop on uneven terrain or steps for me - I should clarify. It CD gets used but the spell doesn't do anything) but I often have an issue of getting the actual spell to fire. As in, as I hit the bind it won't come up to drop. Some times I have to hit my bind 4-5 times just to be able to use it ( and no, it's not on CD :P)

The spell literally has no pathing requirement aka if you camera is bad and you click on the wall above you it will actually throw it. So aim carefully.

I'm with this guy, I've had 0 problems with it. It's always where the green placement circle is when I use it.
    Moo.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The very first time I ever used it it failed (triggered the cooldown and nothing happened). Talk about bad first impressions...

I love the ability when it works (which it does the vast majority of the time), but I really hope this bug is addressed soon.

Could someone please report to bug on the official forums? Im not allowed to post there since im from Europe.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

To me , no offense , this appears to be more of a problem with the BKD ( Behind Keyboard Device ). It's okay for the spell to fail to cast if you fail to throw it properly. As I already mentioned in my previous post the hammer gets thrown wherever you aim ( it does disappear if you throw it in a weird place but I wouldn't consider this a bug ) , so aim carefully.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    As I already mentioned in my previous post the hammer gets thrown wherever you aim ( it does disappear if you throw it in a weird place but I wouldn't consider this a bug ) , so aim carefully.
    When I mentioned in a previous post that this spell failed the first time I ever cast it, I was casting it at my feet while standing on a slight incline.

That does not fit the classification of "user error" in my book. I call it a bug.

To me , no offense , this appears to be more of a problem with the BKD ( Behind Keyboard Device ). It's okay for the spell to fail to cast if you fail to throw it properly.
    If the target location is not valid, you should receive an error message and the spell should be canceled. The spell has some far-from-intuitive placement issues. We're not throwing it at the ceiling and then whining when it fails to activate.

It finally failed for me, out of many many uses, on the stairs in Scholomance in the last boss' room since that's where all the adds happened to be at that time.

I was throwing it everywhere, all the time, inclines included. Definitely not a problem behind the keyboard.
    Moo.

Someone go report it on the bug forum! its very annoying.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

To me , no offense , this appears to be more of a problem with the BKD ( Behind Keyboard Device ). It's okay for the spell to fail to cast if you fail to throw it properly. As I already mentioned in my previous post the hammer gets thrown wherever you aim ( it does disappear if you throw it in a weird place but I wouldn't consider this a bug ) , so aim carefully.
    Happened every single time for me today, in that new battleground with the 4 orbs that we need to keep in the center. Every time I threw it from the ledge to the battlefield it didn't spawn. I also went around in orgrimmar and threw it around a bit and found many locations where - 100% of the time - it would not spawn when thrown there, even if I was standing two yards away.

I'll make a video of it tomorrow if you'd like to see it in action.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2012-10-08 at 11:37 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I'm not that close minded so let's agree there's a problem, however said problem only appears on special circumstances and majority of the time it works. We may report this as a bug ( if you're too troubled by it feel free so ) but in my opinion there's a high chance it'll be low on their priority list because of the above. I'll certainly back you up when it starts disappearing on me in problematic situations ( i.e. boss fight ).
    '

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    I've had it happen where I throw the hammer, the cooldown gets activated, and nothing happens. Really annoying.
    Had this too