Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fearing LFR release

So I've been doing some thinking and just realized that LFR release is not going to be a fun one. Unlike Dragon Soul, the chances of wipes on bosses in MoP seems exponentially higher. My guild has not been able to clear the first boss in Moshugan Vaults due to tanks being pretty damn shitty on the switches. We have the DPS for it I'm sure since we can get them down to half relatively quickly and healer mana does not seem like it will be a problem. Still, DPS have trouble realizing they can break the chains while under the Jasper petrification. Not to mention AoE healing is sooooooooooooooooo important on this fight. Every combo of dogs will cause massive AoE damage to the raid (it's LFR people are gonna stand in fire), even more so since I think there will be all 4 dogs out in 25 man (?).

How the hell is a group of 25 random idiots going to be able to clear it? I remember having groups where my alt in PvP blues was in the top 3 or groups where we wiped on Morchok/Ultraxion trash. Unless they drastically nerf the shit out of the encounters, I don't see LFR going well unless you go in a raid group from your guild.

p.s. not saying I want nerfs. Of the 20 tries we gave the dogs in vaults, none of them did I ever say "I wish this was nerfed." I had genuine fun getting 5% closer each pull and seeing everyone squeezing all the DPS/healing they could out of their gear. Just saying I don't see LFR going well at all.

yeah we'll see its either going to be really easy or painfully difficult with 24 iditos

10+ Year Old Account
    And LFR will be easier than Normal mode. You have absolutely no room to complain until LFR is out and we get to see what the difference is. And if it's too hard, Blizzard will simply nerf it. They've done it that way since Vanilla, nothing new here.

I just love 'the sky is falling' threads. Granted, I fully agree, a bunch of 'random idiots' are going to have a heck of a time doing it, with or without nerfs because of the mechanics. MoP brought back the need for paying attention in dungeons; no more 'tank'n'spank the whole instance' runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

some of the bosses in DS were a real challenge for guilds (there were guilds on my realm who still had trouble with normal mode at 20% nerf) and yet everybody managed to clear LFR just fine.
    its probably gonna be the same in mop

Deleted
    I don't really think you are entitled to whine about players potentially being bad in LFR when you haven't even killed the first boss on normal yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    How the hell is a group of 25 random idiots going to be able to clear it? I remember having groups where my alt in PvP blues was in the top 3 or groups where we wiped on Morchok/Ultraxion trash. Unless they drastically nerf the shit out of the encounters, I don't see LFR going well unless you go in a raid group from your guild.
    LFR is a specially retuned instance where a lot of the mechanics don't wipe you. The overloads from the first boss will probably do hardly any damage, for example.

If it goes like Dragon Soul, the first couple of weeks will be rough while people get used to the fights, then it'll go really well for a month or two, then it will be mostly full of clowns and be a wipefest but doable if you persist.

Deleted
    LFR will be a very downtuned version of the proper raid, mechanics meant to gib people on normal/heroic will hardly scratch anyone. Think spine LFR and compare it to normal mode spine, not to mention heroic and you get the point. Ultraxion would also be a good example with hour of twilight being survivable without cooldowns. It will go just fine, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    I don't really think you are entitled to whine about players potentially being bad in LFR when you haven't even killed the first boss on normal yet.
    Yeah, I guess you're right. It is hypocritical, but I'm not pulling stuff out of my ass here. Normal Guardians are nowhere near as easy as normal Morchok was. Morchok was basically a tank and spank, those dogs are not. Raids would not instantly blow up if a wrong taunt was made or if someone didn't move. Here if you tank the wrong thing, run away for a few seconds, or drop a mine on the raid, you're fucked.
    Last edited by Ace192; 2012-10-08 at 07:43 AM.

Rest assured that LFR on beta was easier than the choice between having cake and not having cake.

Wiping happens, it comes with raiding might as well get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    Maybe LFR wont have petrification

10+ Year Old Account
    they drastically nerf the shit out of the encounters
    I think that will be the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Wiping happens, it comes with raiding might as well get used to it.
    LFR is hardly raiding, especially considering a lot of them leave after one wipe.

Deleted
    Yeah, I guess you're right. It is hypocritical, but I'm not pulling stuff out of my ass here. Normal Guardians are nowhere near as easy as normal Morchok was. Morchok was basically a tank and spank, those dogs are not. Raids would not instantly blow up if a wrong taunt was made or if someone didn't move. Here if you tank the wrong thing, run away for a few seconds, or drop a mine on the raid, you're fucked.
    Yeah, you're right that normal Guardians is harder than normal Morchok was. However, I think the troll and especially Feng will be muuuuch bigger problems in LFR, unless they completely trivializes several mechanics.

After looking at numbers tuned for fights I fail to see the worry.

Overloads from stoneguard do like 100k damage vs 250k. As long as healers do their job nobody should be dying...

Deleted
    I love how there is always one good player and 24 iditos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    I love how there is always one good player and 24 iditos.
    No idea why, but i almost pissed on the office carpet

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Maybe LFR wont have petrification
    I did lfr on beta alot. On stone guard you could stack all mobs and cleave and heal through the three overloads easily

On garajal u could stay out and heal through shadow bolts

10+ Year Old Account
    Even DS LFR wasn't cake-walk easy when it was first released since people didn't know the encounters. It still wasn't difficult though, and I doubt MoP LFR will be all that hard either. Plus, with how good LFR gear will be for any raiders right now, I think most people will do LFR with at least some guildmates, and if your guild is a somewhat competent raiding guild then even having just a few of you in an LFR will probably be enough to get people through it.

LFR should never have existed!
    This is the perfect solution...