Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes cause Bugalysm and Faildaria made a lot of People quit who wont come back...

guess most people just can't be asked to waste time online with waiting to get enough people online to start a raid.
    and the other half is to bussy ganking low levels instead.

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    Well, people are too busy with the shitty rep grind
    I for one haven't even stepped into heroic 5 man yet
    When did you start? I'm really casual, my guild's taking as much as four weeks of raiding off for Christmas/New Years, and I'm exalted with half the factions on my previous main (ilvl480) and my current main is like ilvl480(healer)/ilvl484(Agi DPS) with exalted on everything but August Celestials.

Not exactly a very good excuse if you've been 90 for even a month.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/post/120_...aiding_results

Out of the 2.7 million that purchased MoP, only 900,000 have leveled to 90 (33%).

Of that 900k, only 136,000 have killed a boss (5% of those that purchased, 15% of those that leveled, 1% of 10 million playerbase)
    I don't really have the time or desire to raid at this point in time. I'm to amused with Pet Battles and collecting pets to be concerned with raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    guess most people just can't be asked to waste time online with waiting to get enough people online to start a raid.
    and the other half is to bussy ganking low levels instead.
    Which I surmise is the reason why we're seeing MoP so abandoned ingame, too.

But raiding probably is going to be more of a slice of the pie, instead of 75% of it, which is a good thing. MMOs have concentrated on that venue for too long, and it stifles creativity. MoP shows that Blizzard can add other activities -- that players do enjoy, as Tillers is showing -- than just another boxed instance (that's never fully enjoyed other than an object to kill things in and get loot...heck, if you have 10 seconds to even get the dungeon quests [nevermind reading the dialogue] it's some miracle). -_-

Tired of these races to nowhere. Like those drivers who'd ride the shoulders to get to XYZ 10 seconds earlier (and careless who they kill in the process). Time to enjoy smelling the roses.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

http://www.wowprogress.com/post/120_...aiding_results

Out of the 2.7 million that purchased MoP, only 900,000 have leveled to 90 (33%).

Of that 900k, only 136,000 have killed a boss (5% of those that purchased, 15% of those that leveled, 1% of 10 million playerbase)
    5% that have access to the new raids is pretty in line with the normal 5% of people who raid. Only DS had really seen a huge influx of raiders. LFR still holds about 50% but that is not counted for raiding. Raiding has always been a minority activity in any MMO that has had it. Majority of characters made never make it to max level and the majority of players do not even 1 max level toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes cause Bugalysm and Faildaria made a lot of People quit who wont come back...
    was that necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    When did you start? I'm really casual, my guild's taking as much as four weeks of raiding off for Christmas/New Years, and I'm exalted with half the factions on my previous main (ilvl480) and my current main is like ilvl480(healer)/ilvl484(Agi DPS) with exalted on everything but August Celestials.

Not exactly a very good excuse if you've been 90 for even a month.
    You realize the vast majority of this thread was posted over a month ago?

The numbers seem lower than past tiers but I think it has something to do with the first boss not being a cake walk. Even with valor pieces and item upgrades people have acquired since its release if you don't follow mechanics it'll obliterate you. Those that were just killing madness with the max buff in DS are gonna have a hard time stepping foot in here, although once they do they'll quickly be at Elegon/Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

Hand and eye coordination isn't the problem so much getting older (at least with me), it's that you'll tire quicker. I used to be able to game for 15hrs straight, now 2 to 4hrs I'm exhausted. The kids who laughed that for me ICC healing was a workout, wait until they're near 50, they'll understand then.
    i know the problem too well thats why i stopped raiding and doing dungeons

Call it overload. Blizz went and took such a drastic change that most people may feel already overwhelmed by the amount of required work to raid successfully that they're less interested in raiding.. Bare with me here... Previously (prior to LFR last tier in Cata), you could just run some heroics, get gear and good to go. In late Cata it was 1 raid + 2 part LFR, both mandatory for progression but still good to go.

Now, we have MANDATORY dailies (if you actually want to progress in raiding), Mandatory LFR for valors to upgrade gear (5 parts to it too), along with farm raid content and regular content. It's seriously taken a toll on both casual guilds and semi-progression guilds.

Along with this toll on casual guilds.. the 470 ilvl req for secondary LFRs has made it less accessible for people's alts. I can't speak for everyone, but my alt sat at 469 for 6 weeks through norm LFRs until I finally got a piece to push 470 (that's with some AH 476s). So, anyone who has alts that wants to do LFR MUST do dailies for rep in order to access the rep epics to get ilvl for LFRs....

Players are all about instant gratification these days and raiding isn't about that. The WoW playerbase is changing and a lot of old school raiders have lost interest, moved on or have other things to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Now, we have MANDATORY dailies (if you actually want to progress in raiding), Mandatory LFR for valors to upgrade gear (5 parts to it too), along with farm raid content and regular content. It's seriously taken a toll on both casual guilds and semi-progression guilds.
    None of that is mandatory.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    3 months into the expac, all 3 raids open and still only 1/2 the number of guilds are raiding...
    PvP, RP, Leveling and bank guilds are around aswell. Wich I'm pretty sure are taken in to the count aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Call it overload. Blizz went and took such a drastic change that most people may feel already overwhelmed by the amount of required work to raid successfully that they're less interested in raiding.. Bare with me here... Previously (prior to LFR last tier in Cata), you could just run some heroics, get gear and good to go. In late Cata it was 1 raid + 2 part LFR, both mandatory for progression but still good to go.

Along with this toll on casual guilds.. the 470 ilvl req for secondary LFRs has made it less accessible for people's alts. I can't speak for everyone, but my alt sat at 469 for 6 weeks through norm LFRs until I finally got a piece to push 470 (that's with some AH 476s). So, anyone who has alts that wants to do LFR MUST do dailies for rep in order to access the rep epics to get ilvl for LFRs....
    Dailies aren't mandatory. I'm getting sick of people saying they are. The only reason I did them was to get enchants for my guild, and to see the story progression for shieldwall. The enchants are now everywhere so that ones kinda off the table.

LFR also isn't required. Does it help? Sure. From what i'm hearing peoples luck is abysmal in there anyway (thats all i've heard of it), and i'm pretty sure i've cleared each raid before LFR was available.

Just because something HELPS doesn't mean its MANDATORY.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop the gear grind. It isn't 2008 anymore and I just want to raid on all my alts. The thought of gearing them
    up to raid is absurd. Especially since all I want to do is heal and I am not going to grind out spirit gear. Valor, rep, high quality gear, honor,
    conquest, profs, everything should be account wide. Make the game account centric and not toon centric and I believe you will see
    way more people raiding.

/endrant from a WOW lover POV.
    Operation Red Wing

Most people do not raid. Even at it's highest participation, which is ICC and DS, the participation was, comparative to the numbers of players, REALLY low, and those periods, even, were comparably enormously high.

Most people, to me, seem like they don't want to do what it takes to raid, or see it as unnecessary to get enjoyment out of a game. Can you really blame them?

What's the bizarre thing is, is Blizzard seemingly is still focusing on that few percent that do.

When the loot you are after wont drop week after week after week after week after week i can see why most of the population don't raid. Beating your head against that particular wall is unbelievably frustrating. RNG killed raiding imho...

Some people say that DS had such a great completion rate if u compare it with t11 and t14 but its not truth - the 30 % nerfed DS probaly yes - but not the orginal unnerfed Ds after release -_-

it isnt that people dont want to raid, it's that the attendance boss is too stronk.

hard to raid when 20/25 or 7/10 people log on, cause pugging isnt a desirable option in normal/heroic if you want to make quick progress.

also, gating terrace wasnt a great idea imo. you could do bastion/blackwing descent/throne in any order you pleased. terrace drops the same ilvl loot as HOF (and better gear for many classes, sha weapons, tier, etc), so idk why they put a gate on it. protectors on elite normal is almost free epics.

Deleted
    Some ppl just don't get to raid, because, as above, 7/10 ppl come online and the PuGs in the group fail (with an arrogant additude) and RL problems..