Thread: Rerolling DK

Deleted

Rerolling DK

I played from open beta to the end of vanilla then quit. I just picked up the game again and lvl'ed a monk to 90 and got decked out in heroics and pvp gear, before I realized I didn't like the class at all. Now I'm rerolling DK but wondering what race to pick for optimal DPS and offspec tanking. I'm thinking orc atm but I'm not the greatest min/maxer in the world, so I'd like your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    orc female, dem secksy abs cannot be beaten.
    When you are up against a Facey situation, don't forget to use your Face.

Assuming you're horde since you mention orc, as frost goblin>orc>troll>forsaken>belf>tauren. For unholy its orc>goblin>troll>forsaken>belf>tauren. I'm not really sure for tanks, probably orc or goblin aswell.

if you want to pvp, go something else. 2h frost is terrible now and far from as fun it used to be in cata and Wotlk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    if you want to pvp, go something else. 2h frost is terrible now and far from as fun it used to be in cata and Wotlk
    By something else do you mean another class entirely, or just something other than 2h frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Bersaerk View Post
    By something else do you mean another class entirely, or just something other than 2h frost?
    Another class. But hopefully they're gonna fix Frost DK (2h) soon. It just doesn't work in so many situations the way it is now. we're depending way too much on Obliterate and Frost Strike and Howling Blast hits quite low compared to what they used to. I could crit 40k on any pvp geared player in lvl 85 with Frost Strike, now in lvl 90 with much better gear i can hit (crit)for like 25k.

Runic Power should be the most vital resource for Frost, as it always has been. The way frost 2h is now makes it feel like a combination of arms warrior and blood DK (from when blood was a dps spec in Wotlk)

Frost was always the runic power spec, but now that FS sucks it doesn't feel unique any more. FS should always be the main damage source for Frost, like it always was. MoP changed this, i'm fine with not using HB as the main-rune skill any more but that shouldn't mean FS should feel completely useless. Obliterate was in Wotlk our main rune-cost damage source and i'm fine with it this way in MoP, but i'm not fine with the fact that Frost Strike feels completely useless. I've never felt as useless against holy paladins and other heavy armor classes before as i do now. Why? Because we really way too much on Obliterate now which is physical damage, and Frost Strike is way too weak now to make any difference.

Blood Dk works quite well in unholy is still decent in PvP so is frost

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    I could crit 40k on any pvp geared player in lvl 85 with Frost Strike, now in lvl 90 with much better gear i can hit (crit)for like 25k.
    no you didn't, i had full cataclysmic and h gurth and i would normally crit for ~23k in pvp with FS or OB, 40k would be possible if they were in questing greens. And you are criting now for 25k? my obliterate crits from 60-90k in pvp atm so i'm pretty sure you have something mixed up.

Deleted
    get youself an ox deck they're buffing then so- o wait!

Deleted
    Hoping you're not rerolling dk for the purpose of pvp. Pvp for dks stinks right now and has been since the start of cata. Pick something else, like warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinu View Post
    no you didn't, i had full cataclysmic and h gurth and i would normally crit for ~23k in pvp with FS or OB, 40k would be possible if they were in questing greens. And you are criting now for 25k? my obliterate crits from 60-90k in pvp atm so i'm pretty sure you have something mixed up.
    I did crit 20k on fully geared pvp players lots of times, with Pillar, procs, trinkets ofc. 25k was normal without those procs.

On pve targets in cata i could crit for like 70k with FS and HBn with all CD's and procs. Obliterate critting 90k is not on pure pvp targets, and it's only on cloth or leather classes. FS did crit the same on ANY target.
    I had full catclysmic, full epic gems and JC-only gems, ELite weapon and relic. 37% mastery

That's the main difference. I'm fine with obliterate instead of HB and NS as main rune-skills, but i'm not fine with the fact the FS feels like junk.
    Last edited by Wrien; 2012-10-09 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins or orcs are best for dps atm, depends on your spec.
    Undeads are the best horde tanks atm (that racial, so nice)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Hoping you're not rerolling dk for the purpose of pvp. Pvp for dks stinks right now and has been since the start of cata. Pick something else, like warrior.
    I dont play a Dk, but DK's could be in a worse spot. At least they have a gap close of some sort and they are great for making healers hate life. Their burst seems like it could use a buff, and their mobility seems just ok. I'm not disagreeing that dks stink atm, but I'm just saying they could be in a worse spot.

Take rogues for example, 4.3 they were the gods of PvP. Now they are just these little annoying rats that just slow you down from your objective. They're not even a threat if your class has any kind of decent mobility/self healing.
    Call me House.