Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    has this hotfix made disco viable? I see that the two world of log posts were as holy no? I never liked holy. I have always preferred disco, love the versatility of it.

Also mana is not an issue for me this early on in a expansion as it generally scales better with gear i find. As KtN mentioned.

Deleted
    For those who didn't read the us forum:

AA affects now SS and PW:S. Also Grace effects SS. Seems like an unmentioned hotfix...

Can't post the link because just registered here. But it's in the priest section of the us forum.

Glad this is live for tonights raid. I think the changes will help however, I still think the priest class needs to be completely reworked. Its very sad the class with two healing trees is the weakest healer. They really need to make disc a "dps healer" kind of like a monk and have holy be the "healing spec".

Quote Originally Posted by Ayita View Post
    Glad this is live for tonights raid. I think the changes will help however, I still think the priest class needs to be completely reworked. Its very sad the class with two healing trees is the weakest healer. They really need to make disc a "dps healer" kind of like a monk and have holy be the "healing spec".
    no no no... no real disc wants to be a atonement dps spammer/ I currently heal Disc for REAL all mastery/spirt... last night our guild was first on server for 3/6 25 man MV my Ilvl is 469 and i must say they're had to be a hotfix... cause i killed it last night 3rd on the meters only loosing to shaman and pally by a few %... u gatta work like hell for that mana back, but i was chillen had mana throughout both fights with my tops heals being spirt shell, divine aegis and PW:S which i was extremely stoke to see being able to keep me at the top. And thats what i believe its all about, forget the whole atonement for raiding who wants to sit at the bottom of both meters?? anyway just my 2cents...hopefully a lil PVP upgrades soon!

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:58 PM ----------

Also wanted to add...... i beat the only other priest who was holy!

Quote Originally Posted by Errl View Post
    no no no... no real disc wants to be a atonement dps spammer/ I currently heal Disc for REAL all mastery/spirt..
    Not taking advantage of Archangel (especially if it now affects Spirit Shell but even without) makes zero sense. Its a throughput ability, use it. Or you can choose to ignore it and simply put out lower numbers....if that's what you want.

Archangel was, and still is, awkwardly designed. Making is mandatory would suck. I'd like to see some math on it; as far as I know, before this buff Archangel was a HPS loss but a HPM gain. This probably makes it a HPS gain as well?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hotfix is good. I agree they left Priests unfisnished.

AA should be a choice. Smitehealing, Solace/MB etc, it all should be optional. I believe Disc needs to be reworked to be more... yes, optional.

Chakra for Holy needs to definitly be either reworked or removed.

Both classes needs to become more flexible and not locked into certain spells/stances/CD's etc.

5.1 Class Patch Notes will be available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Nice to see you have both Holy & Disc in your setup Mazi! And grats on the kills aswell.

I still think it's a little bit scewed with numbers when Shamans & Palas have higher potential than HolyP, since they also have raid CD's and other useful stuff such as MTT, Beacon healing, Sac, 2xLoH etc. We will see later this raid reset how much the buff affected us. It wasn't live yday for us.

I want to ask about GS; is it useful or are boss abilities too strong?

I agree mana should be tight like.... atm. If others have better regen, they should be the ones brought down to Priest lvls, or it won't take long before we have a mindless spamfest again.

Though, I really enjoyed wiping on Stoneguard yday, the buff to regen was sooooo yummie, and I noticed Priest healing goes up by a lot when you have more regen.
    We have 7 healers on our roster and 7 healed that fight, so yes, Disc.

We have useful stuff too, DH heals a shit ton and Lightspring is hands down the best triage healer in the game, not to mention tank healing.

GS is still useful. I use it a lot if not just for the 60% increased healing on the tank when the raid is taking a lot of damage or the tank is just taking a lot of damage. It still seems to have worse latency than prior to 5.0.4 though.

Yes, our healing can be very good with unlimited regen on Stone Guard - I was doing high HPS (pre-hotfix) on attempts that I didn't run tiles, but I ran tiles on our kill because that is where we were lacking and wiping, not healing.

PoH jumped from 15k average to 25k average, PoM from 20k to 25k - pretty huge buff and pretty much makes DI even more amazing (which is also an amazing triage healer).

Honestly, I had a ton of fun healing what I did with this buff, and I think we're in a pretty good place right now.

Disc is still useful since they have the damage reduction CDs that Holy does not (I will be sitting on Gara'jal, for example). Although I still put out competitive HPS on Gara, I just don't have the CDs to save people with dolls (although Lightwell, again, is amazing at this). I had fun swapping between Serenity for renew/ST on dolls and PoH for going down/massive raid damage to be honest. And if we could 5 heal it, I'm sure me or a shaman would be in, but we are going to be 4 healing it.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Bla123 View Post
    For those who didn't read the us forum:

AA affects now SS and PW:S. Also Grace effects SS. Seems like an unmentioned hotfix...

Can't post the link because just registered here. But it's in the priest section of the us forum.
    Has this been widely confirmed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladface View Post
    I can confirm it myself, just tested it twice.
    So happy.
    So happy, SS is so, so strong with this.

(also if you don't believe me, check my posting history. All I talk about are Priests. I can 100% confirm it. It's live, at least on EU.)

Deleted
    Grace has always been affecting SS, but AA affecting absorbs is really humongous.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladface View Post
    can anyone confirms it? any bluepost or ghostcrawler post about it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Early PTR data indicates an additional boost to PoH, as well as a buff to Penance damage (so a mild buff to discipline through Atonement healing).

I haven't noticed any hotfixes on either of the spells mentioned in this thread, though. I seem to be healing for the same amounts with both.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeydave View Post
    Not taking advantage of Archangel (especially if it now affects Spirit Shell but even without) makes zero sense. Its a throughput ability, use it. Or you can choose to ignore it and simply put out lower numbers....if that's what you want.

You are right whiskeydave i did not realize the hotfix improved this.... that being said i was able to hold fine without it. Now that im going to try and incorporated seems a bit of a longer setup now for preparing for the big dmg, if only they made Evangelism proc off one type of heal instead of just dmg. w.e. tho for now i will try and incorporate AA just seems like alot because i also like to use my PI and IF whenever im SS'ing to prepare for dmg. Raid tonight i will report on my progress.