Thread: serial killers

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

serial killers

who is the most crazy and sadistic serial killer out there?

i personally believe BTK dennis radar is seriously crazy.
    did you guys watch his confession videos, he talks about the murders with no emotion.
    like his telling you a story.

the guy is one sick dude.

another sick crazy serial killer is gary ridgeway the green river killer.

Deleted

Heard about this guy as a kid, back then i thought he was a badass... now that i'm older... yeah he's pretty sick.

While killing is in our nature I believe that its also something a healthy individual will rise above, 'xcept some crazy situations (involving sick people).

So my opinion: all killers are sick

Quote Originally Posted by Erfan1 View Post
    While killing is in our nature I believe that its also something a healthy individual will rise above, 'xcept some crazy situations (involving sick people).

I don't think all killers are sick. i think the when most people kill someone it's because of a situation that has gotten out of hand and they simply lack the ability to manage the situation. I mean if john discovers his wife, Jane, is having an affair and kills her, it's not because he lacks some important chemical in his brain or has some other mechanical defect. He just simply was poor at handling the situation.

I DO think that the line is kind of blurry and I'm not really sure where to put it. In my home town we recently had a guy shot in killed in a Target parking lot as a result of road rage. Road rage! I think we can all agree that Charles Manson wasn't right in the head, but how sane is someone who thinks an appropriate response to being cut off ont he high way is to shoot someone?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted

So a police officer that shoots a man because he's a threat is sick ?

From 2005 to 2011 i served in both Afghanistan and Iraq and during these times conflicts did happen and people got killed. I've seen people leave the military because they couldn't handle it and i've seen people emotionally wrecked because they saw things they couldn't handle. Yet, myself and the rest of my squadron didn't break down and quite frankly didn't feel much if anything at all taking lives because we where pushed to do so. Individuals choose a path of trying to or actualy hurting innocent people that have done nothing wrong. Often enough, the only way to stop or prevent this from happening is from taking their lives instead. Is this not justified ? Are the ones doing this sick ? I don't think so sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    So a police officer that shoots a man because he's a threat is sick ?

From 2005 to 2011 i served in both Afghanistan and Iraq and during these times conflicts did happen and people got killed. I've seen people leave the military because they couldn't handle it and i've seen people emotionally wrecked because they saw things they couldn't handle. Yet, myself and the rest of my squadron didn't break down and quite frankly didn't feel much if anything at all taking lives because we where pushed to do so. Individuals choose a path of trying to or actualy hurting innocent people that have done nothing wrong. Often enough, the only way to stop or prevent this from happening is from taking their lives instead. Is this not justified ? Are the ones doing this sick ? I don't think so sir.
    No fault with anything you said, though i do think you may have taken his post a tad out of context.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    While the idea of killing is explained here. Scenarios play a big role when it happens. Being in the military trains you both physically and mentally for those situations but when talking about civilians going bananas and killing, then it's another story. But i do appreciate your POV and I thank you for serving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I don't think all killers are sick. i think the when most people kill someone it's because of a situation that has gotten out of hand and they simply lack the ability to manage the situation.
    This or self-defence is probably what happens most of the time, dosnt make these guys sick like you said.

All serial killers is probably not really... sane.. I can agree to that though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hanion548 View Post
    I also think dennis radar is really dangerous serial killer.
    Yea, he seems insane and dosnt seem like he could stop what he was doing :/

Richard Ramirez "The Nightstalker" is a good one if you're looking for a crazy story.

Look up Vasili Blokhin, personally murdered/executed tens of thousands on behalf of the NKVD, an interesting study into the banality of evil
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    <youtube clip>

Heard about this guy as a kid, back then i thought he was a badass... now that i'm older... yeah he's pretty sick.
    I watched what you linked, and the full 45 minute episode. Very illuminating, thank you.

Jack the Ripper

/thread
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    These guys have nothing on government ^

USSR: 60 million+
    China: 80 million+
    USA: 20 million+ post WWII (1 million dead Iraqi's because Saddam 'might have' killed 300,000 of his civilians and Iranians).
    Other communist states: Heaps
    Fake capitalist states: Heaps

Government is number one, these so called serial killers in jail have nothing on our democratically elected officials.

10+ Year Old Account

Killing is -not- in our nature; humans are not programmed to kill in cold blood under normal circumstances. This is why military training is geared towards psychologically desensitising servicepeople to killing other humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are you implying that some serial killers are not sick creations of humanity?

What's really frightening are not the ones whom we've caught and put behind bars or executed, but those that continue to roam the nation, killing at will almost without fear of law enforcement or capture.

Another interesting point about serial killers is how frequent they are, and how large cities have them all the time - are reports of them are casual, almost afterthoughts in news reports.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    USA: 20 million+ post WWII (1 million dead Iraqi's because Saddam 'might have' killed 300,000 of his civilians and Iranians).
    Are you high? 20+ million post WWII - any stats or references or anything to back up this ridiculous claim?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_fish

Albert fish, a man who killed and ate children in the early 1900's. The most batshit man you will ever read about. He would even send sadistic letters to the parents of his victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Killing is -not- in our nature; humans are not programmed to kill in cold blood under normal circumstances. This is why military training is geared towards psychologically desensitising servicepeople to killing other humans.
    I disagree, I do think killing is in our nature - and the only reason we need to be "programmed" to kill by military training is because we have been pacifised by the current society. But go back a hundred, few hundred years - killing someone that did you wrong was like eating a meal when you were hungry, and if both you and your victim were unimportant people - odds are there would be no penalty for doing so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    These guys have nothing on government ^

USSR: 60 million+
    China: 80 million+
    Other communist states: Heaps
    Fake capitalist states: Heaps

Government is number one, these so called serial killers in jail have nothing on our democratically elected officials.
    *Fake communist states
    *True poor capitalist states

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_fish

Albert fish, a man who killed and ate children in the early 1900's. The most batshit man you will ever read about. He would even send sadistic letters to the parents of his victims.
    Ok. Seriously what the fuck...