Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    MoP is great imo and I am busy enjoying it so I don't really looking forward to any new MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I have to admit that the genre as a whole is waning. I'm very glad for it. Unfortunately it won't stay down long enough for those of us to get out of the genre completely for a while. Little bits here and there are keeping us hanging on, but I'm ready to have time for other games. I miss getting to be on my couch with a controller in my hand...and this is coming from a PC gamer since Commodore 64.

Call me nostalgic, but I miss when computer gaming was Kings Quest, then when it was Warcraft II/III....before MMO's ever existed. I think games like TL2 and a lot of Steam indie games are capturing those similar feelings, but so much of the PC market is caught up in MMO's as a whole.

They've been great and we've all had good times, but please go away so we can have a decade of peace before their inevitable revival.
    Haha I kinda miss those times too [/oldfogie]!

Still it's not MMO's fault... if anything FPS killed adventure games. And ultimately strategy too. Come to think of it all the popular genres fell by the wayside over the years, except the big invincible cockroach of FPS, crawling through the post-apocalyptic gaming world!

J/K though I love a good FPS :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Must admit that I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an RDR style of MMORPG one day.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

i dont think theres any new mmo anyone should really be looking out for.

titan is a casual drop in drop out type experience all those people expecting it to be anything like wow or to "redeem" wow and give them back bc or some other nonsense is going to be sorely disappointed because titan is not aimed at any of the people on this forum at all its targeting a completely different playerbase from wows.

elder scrolls online just looks like wow with elder scrolls places. i wish they wouldve just stuck to the regular elder scrolls games.

i cant think of any other mmo thats even coming out.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think theres any new mmo anyone should really be looking out for.

titan is a casual drop in drop out type experience all those people expecting it to be anything like wow or to "redeem" wow and give them back bc or some other nonsense is going to be sorely disappointed because titan is not aimed at any of the people on this forum at all its targeting a completely different playerbase from wows.

elder scrolls online just looks like wow with elder scrolls places. i wish they wouldve just stuck to the regular elder scrolls games.

i cant think of any other mmo thats even coming out.
    Fucking sad isn't it? And as far as Titan goes, according to rumors it's also sci fi, and right now, the setting alone deters me.

I'd like to see more socially driven gameplay aspects in MMORPGs, such as people relying more on each other, crafter classes, player run shops, maybe even player-run cities, guild fortresses, and in general more sandbox elements.

And these things to be on top of the current formula

Erm, I personally think the next one I'll play will be Planetside 2, being playing beta, I love it. It's too subjective to say which will be the next big one
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Guys,

Im desperately searching for an MMO which was in Beta about 3 to 4 month ago. It was some japanese styled fighting game with big weapons and a nice combat system. Iirc it was mostly about the combat system. Anyone can help me with the name of it?
    3-4 months ago? That rules Vindictus and Tera out.
    Maybe RaiderZ?

There are many upcoming kor/jap MMOs in Beta/Prerelease like Blade & Soul, Phantasy Star Online 2, Kritika Online, Legend of Souls, Black Desert Online, Estar Online, Continent of the Ninth, Bless Online... way too many.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    There are many upcoming kor/jap MMOs in Beta/Prerelease like Blade & Soul, Phantasy Star Online 2, Kritika Online, Legend of Souls, Black Desert Online, Estar Online, Continent of the Ninth, Bless Online... way too many.
    Well, Blade and Soul isn't really beta anymore for Korea. Good luck reading \o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I want a MMO that allows me to be a non-combat profession.
    I want a MMO that has a deep political and economic system.

Either of those two would be enough to spark an genuine interest from me.
    Well... the non-combat profession, 'was' in SWG (Star Wars Galaxy), and then there was the patch... that destroyed it all.
    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Profession
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-10-13 at 07:51 PM.

Ah I don't follow MMOs that much atm, that list was just what spontaneously came to mind.
    It's quite possible that some of the others are already released, too. I was just trying to help... D:
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Ah I don't follow MMOs that much atm, that list was just what spontaneously came to mind.
    It's quite possible that some of the others are already released, too. I was just trying to help... D:
    Help is unwelcomed! There shalt be no help!
    MUAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Well, one thing I notice for Japanese one nowadays is that some require you to have an actual address in Japan instead of smashing random things in. D:
    Just a heads up for anyone that actually wants to try and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well, Blade and Soul isn't really beta anymore for Korea. Good luck reading \o/
    Well... the non-combat profession, 'was' in SWG (Star Wars Galaxy), and then there was the patch... that destroyed it all.
    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Profession
    Yeah I was going to say he describes SWG pre-CU to the letter. Tis such a shame.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I want a MMO that allows me to be a non-combat profession.
    I want a MMO that has a deep political and economic system.

Either of those two would be enough to spark an genuine interest from me.
    EVE Online is precisely what you look for.

"Arch Age" and "Blade and Soul". But far not soon to be released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Guys,

Im desperately searching for an MMO which was in Beta about 3 to 4 month ago. It was some japanese styled fighting game with big weapons and a nice combat system. Iirc it was mostly about the combat system. Anyone can help me with the name of it?
    Was it PSO2?
    http://www.pso2.com/us/html/
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Deleted
    Its titan or wow 2(in some 12 years)
    Everything else will be a disappointment as they have been up to now

Deleted
    STAR CITIZEN

WORLD OF DARKNESS

/end

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    WORLD OF DARKNESS
    Man, I've been waiting for CCP to lay more info on us for a while now. I know their team got hit with layoffs a while ago, but I've been supremely intrigued by this game.