Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Insane LFR Queue times

Is it just me, or are queue time really, really long for LFR, i've waited in queue ( tank, 462 Ilvl ) for around a cumulative 4 hours today, tried doing it solo, and with various premades, no luck, haven't even seen the role check thing pop up once. Am i doing something wrong here or are queues seriously this long for tanks?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is rather funny considering as a DPS my queues are instantaneous. Overabundance of tanks queuing since only 2 are needed for 25 people instead of 1 per 5 maybe.

Queue with guild healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not que by yourself as a tank. I was in que for 1 hour and 48 minutes before I got into a group... dps got in less than 10mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish this would be the case in dungeons. o_O
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

It will even out slowly over time. Realistically, not much of the player base has a high enough ilvl to do LFR yet. Tanks just tend to gear up faster in this expansion than everyone else, so there's an overabundance of tanks.

I tried to run with a guild group with two tanks, and we couldn't even get an average wait time, after waiting 20 minutes without any other roles filling up, we left queue and had the tanks switch to DPS, it was then an instant queue.

Deleted
    I don't view this as any solution since I want to run LFR to grab TANK gear, not DPS ;-P

Tanking is stupidly easy at the moment and as a result every boy and their dog has been gearing up as one with instant LFD queues and now you get to enjoy an overpopulated LFR tank queue. It's bittersweet.

My est. queue time was 14 sec. Queue popped faster than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    queued with guild today, missing 4 dps and it was actually making us wait more than half an hour.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Tanking is stupidly easy at the moment and as a result every boy and their dog has been gearing up as one with instant LFD queues and now you get to enjoy an overpopulated LFR tank queue. It's bittersweet.
    Or it could just be that you only need 2 tanks for LFR and 17 DPS as well as like 5 Healers.

Also don't forget that not that many players have enough gear to queue for LFR. Most people would catch up some time during the next month and fix the queue times for you.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    I don't view this as any solution since I want to run LFR to grab TANK gear, not DPS ;-P
    loot doesn't drop based on your spec

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    loot doesn't drop based on your spec
    Umm yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    queued with guild today, missing 4 dps and it was actually making us wait more than half an hour.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 12:10 AM ----------

Or it could just be that you only need 2 tanks for LFR and 17 DPS as well as like 5 Healers.
    ya but lfr time has never been this bad for tanks

even in cata lfr tank queue was always shortest, few mins normally.

something is broken because tanks are waiting hours.

I don't believe suddenly masses of people are queueing as tanks as they never have ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    ... haven't even seen the role check thing pop up once. Am i doing something wrong here or are queues seriously this long for tanks?
    First of all it sounds like you got the same bug some other people have in the EU with LFR and LFD where you get first assigned to an instance and then added to the queue. When using LFD it can still work because you can enter dungeons alone but with LFR you can't enter a raid alone and this results in a loop because the system tries to give you a raid ID but fails. Don't know if this bug exists on the US servers also.

The other thing is that not so much people are level 90 or raid ready. A lot of casuals (LFR is designed for them) want to do other things first when they hit level 90. Also there are a lot of tanks an healers at the moment and very few DPS because a lot of DPS classes feel broken with clunky gameplay and "low" DPS because they don't have the right gear yet.

You can see the same thing with LFD where you get instantly a tank and a healer and then have to wait 5-15 minutes (at least for heroic dungeons) for enough DPS to join.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guildies that didn't go with us when we first went has a 3 hour Q time :P It's a pretty terrible time

Went in with two tanks, 2 DPS, 1 healer. Obviously healers still give instant queues in LFR just like in 4.3.

Now you know how DPS felt at the beginning of Cataclysm when it came to Heroics.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    ya but lfr time has never been this bad for tanks

even in cata lfr tank queue was always shortest, few mins normally.

something is broken because tanks are waiting hours.

I don't believe suddenly masses of people are queueing as tanks as they never have ever.
    I just did LFR as a healer twice in the last hour. Instant queue both times. My guild has about 50 or so people wanting to raid and about 20 have tank specs. Lotta tanks out there now.

Keep in mind that the x-pac has only been out for 2 weeks now. Not everyone has the gear to queue up for lfr yet. And most of those that have would naturally be tanks, since with instant invite for random heroics they were able to gear up fastest so far.
    I'd say give people some time to catch up with gear and it will even out.