Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    My guildies swear it's based on role and not spec. Can someone confirm this? Is there a blue or something?
    Pretty damn sure it's by spec. I'm Elemental myself and I've never seen any Enh gear (Enh and Elem being the same role (don't think the system makes any distinction between ranged and melee dps)). It's possible that I have been just very lucky, that my +10 items have always been for Elem, but I find that unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I just do them all on the Tuesday after reset.
    10min wait times, so I just play BLOPS2, or Rift while I wait for the queue to pop. Do raid, rinse repeat.
    I also have a friend who got his main to 470 and got bored, so he is leveling up alts, so if I miss Tuesday, then I just get him to get me near insta-queue, and just leave and go back to leveling.
    Funfunfun.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    (As an example, i've gotten dps tier legs from sha while in tank role AND spec cause the item had expertise/mastery, which is good stats for tanking)
    Sha is broken, they have said this numerous times.
    They were asking people to report any loot that they shouldn't have gotten *re: mainly getting dps t14 while in tank spec*.

Majority of the gear in the raids could be seen as both a tank or melee dps item.
    Only stuff like trinkets/rings are really specific, so they are the items that will rely on what you entered the raid on.

But I wish Blizzard would clarify that, the amount of times I've seen 'dps' in bear form, or Def Stance, or with that stupid pally buff, and thinking they are top shit by pulling aggro with taunt constantly.
    Zzz.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

If it's by role, what happens to loot in a Sha raid if you pull without a role check? Pretty sure it's by spec. I never saw a single piece of feral gear in Sha/LFR while in Boomkin spec, and feral and balance are the same role.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Sha is broken, they have said this numerous times.
    They were asking people to report any loot that they shouldn't have gotten *re: mainly getting dps t14 while in tank spec*.
    I did ticket it but GM said it was working as intended, if you filter loot in dungeon journal by 'warrior protection only" the dps tier legs are there and supposed to be in the available loot pool. (Yes, i know GM usually are clueless, but figured i'd mention it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sha= world boss

LFR = raid boss

is it beyond peoples comprehension that maybe, just maybe, they may work slightly differently?

LFR gives you loots based on your spec. Same with the coin.

Sha gives you loot based on your class.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Sha is/was buggy for certain classes. For Druids, Sha loot has been per spec. I've never heard of any Druid getting Sha loot that wasn't specific to their spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Sha= world boss

LFR = raid boss

is it beyond peoples comprehension that maybe, just maybe, they may work slightly differently?

LFR gives you loots based on your spec. Same with the coin.

Not beyond comprehension but for a company that likes reusing any and everything, it seems more plausible for them to design the system the same way.
    Why would they differentiate them(=more work) ?

The LFR is the worst thing that ever happened ever in the history of anything, infinity.

It removed the human element from the game. The last vestige of intimacy and vulnerability are finally gone. Every moment that passes by and you are not chosen remember that you are sitting there wasting your time in Ogrimmar(and only Ogrimmar) not because your gear isn't up to par or because some douche 12 year-old doesn't want you rolling on his trink, but rather because a cold dead machine decided due it's programming or because of a glitch that you just aren't worthy. It's not that there weren't enough people on, it's that there weren't enough people on at the wrong time who qualified for sorting of the machine's predetermined criteria that you crazily did not match. Perhaps everyone is simply tired out from running it 5 times a week on multiple alts that sit in reserve in the guild roster or maybe never see play ever again. Whatever it is you will never know. You will never understand why the machine didn't choose you, all you will know is that you didn't make the cut and you will never know what that cut was.

Back in my day at least people had the courtesy to take the time to tell you why you were such a piece of shit that you couldn't raid with them. Now the computers do it, now the computers do everything.

Disregard that I suck cocks, my que just popped!