Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Every day dude, every day... But i can't do it, so many titles, mounts and achievements not obtained. Maybe next expansion.

Yes I have and I have it all planned out for when the time arrives "if it arrives"

Don't get me wrong I am not looking forward to it but should I ever develop any serous disease that will inhibit my ability to enjoy life I will gladly turn to suicide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think about it, in fact I have done more than usual this last week due to some hefty family and one particular issue I'm terrified of (Literally...) that left me shaking and dry mouthed etc.
    As much as I think about it I really don't know if I could bring myself to do it.
    Also the idea of what to put on the note is also never far behind.

Needless to say my tone and mood on the forum and in game usually is very different to my IRL attitude simply due to it being a place where I can put my worries to one side for a while. It's another reason why I've as of late tried to stay away from volatile discussions lately.

15+ Year Old Account
    can't say i have ever contemplated doing it, i'm generally a very positive person tbh =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I got really badly bullied at about 16, my best friends at the time got me through it. It was really really harsh, it was always in my mind, but I reckon I would have commited murder before suicide. I'm too up myself to end my life.

Then, one of the two best friends above killed himself when I was half way through year 12, close to my 18th birthday.
    My other best-friend had become my girlfriend, and after a year, an ex who I no-longer talk to.

So I was basically alone, shattered that I didn't know he was even thinking it.
    It broke me, for so long.

But I'd never do it.
    I befriend people who are depressed, have attempted, and get them to see life is actually great if you give it a chance.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is surprisingly helpful.

Deleted
    I have never thought of suicide in a serious manner. Sometimes ofcourse comes those difficult things that just makes one go "oh just kill me already will ya?...", or the random theoretical question of "what would happen if i die?". But aside from that, no, i havent thought of killing myself. Heck im of the other mind, i keep wishing i'd gain eternal life.

Never, not even once. I have never thought about ending my life, i have sometimes secluded me from others tho, and escaped life often by playing a lot of computer while refusing to leave my room.

Deleted
    Yeah, I have a few times while growing up in a pretty dysfunctional family with a violent stepfather. I despised him and do it to this day and I'm just happy that I didn't have to see him for a long time now. I thought about it a lot before I was able to actually defend myself (around 15/16). So once the physical abuse stopped, I started to bear with it. He wasn't my real father, he could say what he wanted to, I kinda shrugged it of.

My stepbrother (his biological son) couldn't do that tho. It was his own father who abused him (mainly mentally), and he found no other way out of this circle than suicide.

I really miss him, but it also showed me, that suicide would never be my ticket out. It hurts the ppl close to you just way too much, I've been there. And even tho he was my brother, I'm still mad at him actually going through with it. I thought about it, he did it, and I think it was pathetic. I loved him, but it's the only word coming to mind here.

Since then I stopped thinking about such things for good. So what if things around you aren't like you with they should. You can still turn it around and do your own thing. Start your own family and do it better. And not use the easy way out and hurt everyone around you.

Ugh, now I'm gonna have a shit day >_>

Deleted
    Yea but I'm not going to go into it

Though reading about all these is experiences is quite helpful, cheers for sharing guys

All the time, particularly over the last 18 months or so. Only thing that's really stopped me is the guilt of knowing someone would have to find me in whatever manner i am left behind physically and i dont know how that would affect them.

In all honesty, it probably will happen at some point, just not when im living with other people who may or may not wonder where i am and what im doing if they don't see me sometime.

Deleted
    I'm sure everyone thought of doing it at some point in their life, no?

I have myself but I would never do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I haven't. Seriously. The mere idea of killing myself is so unbelievably stupid and illogical that even thinking about it is absurd.
    Imagine that your life is such crap that it can't get any worse. What is the one thing you can do to make it worse ? Yeah, you can kill yourself.
    I seriously think that people who kill themselves have something wrong with them at psychological level.
    That's not how the logic of a suicidal mind works, at all, so I believe you. Pretty smart about figuring out there's something wrong psychologically.

I don't think suicide is illogical necessarily, but I do think that in most situations the premises are incorrect. The logic is the same as that used by a terminally ill patient or a person surrounded by an enemy army that's certain to torture, rape, and kill them. It's about wanting to end present and prevent future pain; society being unaware of the perspective from the bottom of a lonely hole does not help the minds in the holes. Knowing that it happens to your peers does. It does happen to us, but it gets better once you regain your perspective and vision.

No. Suicide is unacceptable, no matter what. You can and will overcome all challenges you face.

Edit: Thinking of suicide, as a concept and consideration are two different things. Everyone has thought of suicide at some point, but I highly doubt many have considered it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think we've all had those moments.
    Im happy we dont!
    Ot i never thought of killing myself, its the cowards way out anyway

Deleted
    after suffering depression for several years I can say yes I often thought about what it would be like to be dead, never though about killing myself, just what death would be like. Dont know if that is the same thing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time the train comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    The logic is the same as that used by a terminally ill patient or a person surrounded by an enemy army that's certain to torture, rape, and kill them.
    There is a major difference though between being bullied at school, and being a terminally ill cancer patient. I personally believe that euthanasia is acceptable, despite me thinking suicide isn't, because to me there are two major differences:

1. Suicide is an escape for the weak minded. It is taking your own life because you have a lack of control of your emotions and mental state.

2. Euthanasia is a release from a unstoppable event. Suffering from something that you can't escape at all, and going through a process of careful consideration and contemplation with the proper support and advice given.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    after suffering depression for several years I can say yes I often thought about what it would be like to be dead, never though about killing myself, just what death would be like. Dont know if that is the same thing though.
    Personally, they're not. Thinking about what it is like to be dead, or how to die is a depressive thought, but a suicidal thought is how would I do it, and serious consideration of it.

Suicide is cowardice in my opinion. Never thought about it. My life is pretty cushy compared to other even though I work almost 70 hours a week while going to college.

Deleted
    A bit over the last year or so. Not really considered it a serious option though as i have a family that depends on me - it's not really a luxury that one can take if you care at all about how it would affect other people.