Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Have you ever thought of suicide?

Note: this thread is not encouraging suicide in any way. It's just at some point in your life were you so grief struck, or helpless that you thought of taking your own life? I've known three friends in my life that have taken their own lives, and the thought came to mind.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

I went through a wear all black and act depressed phase at about 12-15, you tell me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone sayingthey have NEVER thought of suicide, have never lived..

But from thought to planning, or even executing, is a LOOOOOONG way..

Quite a bit. Almost did it once or twice too.

I think of suicide every day. Not in the way of "it has all led to this, there is no way up, I never can fix anything, who would anyone care if I did?"

I think of it in the way of "what is on the other side". I mean, I know, from my perspective, it's all electrical signs in the brain mixed with different chemicals to envoke emotions and shit. Yet I am curious, how it is actually to not be. I'm curious, I would love to explore even if common knowledge on the subject would dictate that it's the end point.

Good thing is I value my life and living experiements over it though, atleast from some perspective. No reason to go there where we all eventually go when so much is to be experienced here, in good and in bad.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I think of suicide every day. Not in the way of "it has all led to this, there is no way up, I never can fix anything, who would anyone care if I did?"

I think of it in the way of "what is on the other side". I mean, I know, from my perspective, it's all electrical signs in the brain mixed with different chemicals to envoke emotions and shit. Yet I am curious, how it is actually to not be. I'm curious, I would love to explore even if common knowledge on the subject would dictate that it's the end point.

Good thing is I value my life and living experiements over it though, atleast from some perspective. No reason to go there where we all eventually go when so much is to be experienced here, in good and in bad.
    I can understand the theological stuff because that's one of my personal interests. Can't say I've ever wanted to end my life just to find out, but I think it's safe to say that it brings comfort to the prospect of my own demise, whenever that may be.

Deleted
    Yes sadly i did that alot back in the day and was very close ones but nowadays im happier

10+ Year Old Account
    Once, after a particularly stressful and frustrating incident during University. As you can tell, I didn't go through with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least twice a day for the past year. Only reason I haven't done anything is because I can't do that to my family. But I think if things get any worse it's pretty much inevitable.

I just don't really see the point of it all. Doing the same thing every day for the rest of your life, just so that you can make enough money to keep yourself alive. And I don't really believe in any religion so it'd be kind of nice to see what's on the other side, and answer my greatest curiosities.
    Last edited by Buxton McGraff; 2012-10-10 at 05:10 AM.

I think we've all had those moments.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope never thought of it, life can be shit at times but hey that's what its all about, we didnt make the rules.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I have, multiple times. Came close to doing it a few times as well but that part of my life is burried now, I couldnt do it because of my family.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

all the time. i have a lot of terrible things in my life that make me hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think we've all had those moments.
    Not necessarily. There's a line between upset, and considering to kill yourself. It's a very big line.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

I've thought about it a few times.

About 6 years ago I sank into depression because I realized there was no real purpose in life other than a biological obligation to continue the specie. I am asexual so have ruled out fulfilling this hence have no purpose in life whatsoever.

6 months into it I finally snapped out of that depression and decided that even if I have no huge purpose in life, I'm here and going to make the best of it to be happy doing whatever I want anyway. Now live life such that even if I were to die in an accident in an hour, I have no regrets and can safely say I had a good time and am content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few times. I'm better now.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Not necessarily. There's a line between upset, and considering to kill yourself. It's a very big line.
    I never said there wasn't. They're entirely different things.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    About 6 years ago I sank into depression because I realized there was no real purpose in life other than a biological obligation to continue the specie. I am asexual so have ruled out fulfilling this hence have no purpose in life whatsoever.

6 months into it I finally snapped out of that depression and decided that even if I have no huge purpose in life, I'm here and going to make the best of it to be happy doing whatever I want anyway. Now live life such that even if I were to die in an accident in an hour, I have no regrets and can safely say I had a good time and am content.
    Glad everything turned out okey for you

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Glad everything turned out okey for you
    Thank you. I wish I could help others in a similar position but it seems the solution really only stems from within oneself.