Game Guide Not Up to Date, More on Legendaries, Blizzard at Comic Con 2012
Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults Progression
After one day, vodka has cleared the first three bosses in Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults. Ten other guilds are close behind with the first two bosses down.
Patch 5.0.5b - October 10
We will be releasing a patch on Wednesday October, 10 beginning at 8:30 a.m. PDT to resolve an issue that could sometimes prevent players from interacting correctly with in-game objects.
As the patch is relatively small, patching time should be minimal. See you in Pandaria!
Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes - October 8
- Vengeance should now ramp up more quickly. Avoidance will now grant Vengeance based on the average damage of the avoided NPC auto-attack, instead of just refreshing existing Vengeance. This does not apply to enemy special attacks.
Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Detonating Zen Sphere now does progressively less damage when more than 10 targets are affected.
- Zen Pilgrimage: Return now ensures that the journey is round trip.
- Rising Sun Kick now always properly applies the Mortal Wounds effect to targets it damages.
- The healing generated by Spinning Crane Kick has been reduced by 30%.
Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Execution Sentence can no longer be cast while Hexed.
Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Spirit of Redemption will no longer sometimes prevent players from rolling on items.
Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- The Warlock Season 12 4-piece PvP set bonus will no longer cause Warlocks that have assumed Dark Apotheosis form to lose access to Fury Ward.
- Metamorphosis: Void Ray will now correctly aggro creatures within range.
Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Unleash Earth no longer generates a taunt effect against enemies that are immune.
- Galleon will no longer sometimes respawn too quickly.
- The Beast of Jade in the Jade Forest will no longer cast Jade Statue.
- Kal'Tik the Blight will no longer disappear unexpectedly.
- Bog Lashes spawned in combat with Fen Stalker no longer grant experience when slain.
- Granary Vandals now engage properly when attacked from range.
- Relic of Niuzao now provides 1434 Stamina, and grants 8871 Dodge when used.
- Valorous Commendations now correctly grant Valor Points when Honor Points are capped.
- Lesser Charm of Good Fortune now stacks to 180.
- Vial of Shadows, Cunning of the Cruel, and Bone-Link Fetish now have a reduced chance to be triggered when worn by players above level 85.
- Grand Expedition Yak
- Defeating the Grand Master pet tamers on each continent now correctly unlocks all of the associated Pet Battle daily quests for characters of both factions on an account.
- The quest "Lost Scouts" will now be offered after "Survival Ring: Blades" and "The Battle Ring" are completed.
- Players that had previously completed "The Guo-Lai Halls" can now properly acquire the remaining quests to unlock the Golden Lotus reputation daily quests.
- The Klaxxi will now be more consistently varied in the daily quests that they offer, regardless of realm restarts.
- The Klaxxi'va are now visible after the quest "Overthrone" is complete.
- Shadow-Pan Scouts for the quest "Lost Scouts" will now despawn appropriately after the quest is completed.
- Party members now share quest credit appropriately for the following quests in the Jade Forest: "The Wayward Dead", "Trapped!", "Spitfire", "Unbound", and "Rally the Survivors".
- Players are now able to complete and turn in both "Pooped" and "Sweet as Honey".
- The Dark Heart of the Mogu can now be acquired in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- Slaying Shao-Tien Mindbenders now properly provides credit towards the completion of "The Silent Approach".
- Shao-Tien Surveyors now spawn more frequently and are easier to spot.
- Players can now no longer interact with the Sik'thik Cages after completing "The Search for Restless Leng".
- Qua-Ro Whitebrow is now easier to defeat during the quest "His Trainer's Challenge: Qua-Ro Whitebrow".
- Players can now more easily acquire "Unyielding Servitors" from Daschla in Silverpine Forest.
Dungeons & Raids
- Mogu'Shan Vaults
- Pets can no longer maintain threat against the Emperor's Strength during the Will of the Emperor encounter.
- Gara'jal the Spiritbinder will now cast Final Destination correctly.
- Elegon now flies closer to the ground, allowing certain Area of Effect abilities to properly target him.
- Touch of the Titans, Overcharged, and Energy Conduit no longer interrupt player spellcasting during the Elegon encounter.
- Mogu'shan Wardens in the Elegon encounter now move more slowly.
- The Stone Guardians inside the Halls of Gou-Lai now respawn more slowly.
- High Inquisitor Whitemane's Mass Resurrection will now properly resurrect all eligible targets in the Heroic and Challenge Mode versions of the Scarlet Monastery.
- Brewmaster Boof's assistants in the Brewmoon Festival scenario are really applying themselves and now work more quickly.
- The health and damage of enemies in the Brewmoon Festival has been reduced.
- Healing and shielding effects applied to players that have been involved in PvP combat are now reduced by 15% .
- Several on-use items no longer function inside Rated Battlegrounds.
- Cobo Cola and Carbonated Water can now be used in Rated Battlegrounds.
- Silvershard Mines can now properly end in a tie.
Originally Posted by Blizzard EntertainmentInk Trader Exchange Change
Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Losing Hit in Challenge Modes
I know this thread’s a few days old now, but I’d like to clarify the cause for concern here so others are aware. Balkoth, we were able to track down a bug pertaining to item scaling in Challenge Modes, but it’s not related solely to classes that use a spirit -> hit conversion.
What you’re noticing is a bug specifically involving reforging. If you reforge out of crit/haste/mastery INTO hit or expertise, then when the crit/haste/mastery gets scaled down, you also lose a percentage of the reforged hit/expertise. So, it's not a class or spec issue -- it affects all players who have reforged into hit/spirit equally.
Given the way stat scaling and reforging mechanics work, this is kind of a tricky issue to fix, but we’re looking into it. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Taming the World Achievement
For players that have yet to reach 40, the hotfix applied today should allow you to earn the achievement Taming the World when you do (instead of at 45).
For those who have already hit 40 or higher and don't have the achievement, we're in the process of developing another hotfix to correctly award you. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Darkmoon Ox Deck Trinket Hotfix
While I'm very happy that this trinket received a buff (thank you!) in a timely manner, Nethaera, can you comment (or inquire) as to why using this trinket puts any engineering glove tinker on the same cooldown as the trinket itself?
It happens with all of my existing glove tinkers, even ones with little relation to dodging. I can understand giving it a slight cooldown in combination with Phase Fingers, but Synapse Springs?
This is unintended and we intend to hotfix this in the near future (no eta I can give you but it shouldn't be long). The intended functionality is that On Use effects from trinkets, and Engineering glove tinkers, only applies a short cooldown equal to their effect duration to the others. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
2. How on earth can any say dailies be counted as content? it is not! it is a timesink, but content they are not. Content would be a long questline for your profession, for your reputation or just for the fun. But to repeat the dailies have nothing to do with content, it is just Blizzard that are to cheap to make real content, so they make this silly timesink.
But they are content. Take the Kovok daily in Dread Wastes. Unless you do the daily quest when it pops up, you won't see that quest, nor how the area around Heart of Fear changes for it. Nor you'll understand what the paragon meant when he says he was sure Kovok would achieve many victories for the Klaxxi. And that's just one example (the race daily for the Cloud Serpents is another example). (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
LFR Loot System
Just an idea, but maybe put a little message in the chat screen when players enter a dungeon to inform them of this.
As this is a fairly new feature, it's bound to be improved over time. I think some sort of messaging is probably a good idea; I'll pass that suggestion to the devs along with some of the feedback that was presented on this thread.
But the system that was promised and displayed was that each player would have a seperate roll system on their own, I never saw that feature on the game.
(Brace Yourselves) LFR looting system is coming!
Only to LFR of course.
You should be able to see it working tomorrow right after the maintenance is over.
You need to be level 90 and a minimum of 460 average ilvl if you wish to enter the first part of Mogu'shan Vaults LFR that will be opening tomorrow.
Have fun and may the purples shine radiantly on you! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Account Bound Flying Skill Tomes
The tomes that we've added in WotLK were something that we just wanted to try and experiment with, we're not sure if we're going to create a similar option for Pandaria.
We feel that a big part of the experience would be lost if we decided to add such an option for alts, so much of the world design would be rendered meaningless by having the possibility to skip over any obstacle, and a lot of content would also probably be missed by the players.
I suppose that the argument “my main character already experienced all the world content” makes some sense, if you’ve done it once, you’re not missing anything with your alts, right? But how many players have actually really seen it all while levelling just one character?
If this is about gameplay experience, I think we’re better off with staying put on the ground while levelling, but if it has to do with the levelling pace, we think there are better alternatives that we can explore if we decide that we want to speed up the character’s levelling speed in the near future.
Still, the tome option is not completely out of the picture, it’s something developers are carefully thinking about and might still consider, so please do continue to provide feedback about it, as it always has some weight when designers/producers have to make such decisions. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Winged Guardian Mount 50% Off – This Week Only
Prepare for liftoff! For one week only, you can get the World of Warcraft Winged Guardian flying mount for half price in the online Blizzard Store (US / EU). Whether you want to hook up a guildmate with a “thanks for healing my raid!” gift or simply want to expand your own mount collection, this feathered, ferocious feline will help any hero stand out in the skies of Pandaria.
The Winged Guardian windfall won’t last long -- this offer ends Monday, October 15, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
Anton Pourquoi No Rerolls: Pandaria
AFK Players released another episode of their machinima today, and it is worth a watch!