1. #1
    The Patient freezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Slovenia, Ljubljana
    Posts
    223

    PvP Guardian Tank point defense immortal guide

    High Warlord Dreyanlol - Stormscale EU

  2. #2
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Skälby, Sweden
    Posts
    140
    Personally I don't see that viable anywhere. You lack stability (Stand your ground) and you don't have many boons nor any healing power. With a shout-build you will also be able to counter thiefs especially with the retaliation from Stand your Ground and Save Yourselves and therefor be able to take on people 1vs1. I don't see the point of these immortal bunker builds to be honest. Yes, 1vs1 you will not die and 2vs1 you can hold it too for a long time if you play your cards right (even 3vs1 with a nice build), but once players realize that you aren't capable of putting out damage in any way they will draw advantage out of this fact.

  3. #3
    I've gone 3v1 against a guardian in sPvP and been unable to kill them... It's pretty crazy sometimes. It's soooo annoying in sPvP, but it's also the reason I made a guardian myself haha.

  4. #4
    I don't see the point of these immortal bunker builds to be honest. Yes, 1vs1 you will not die and 2vs1 you can hold it too for a long time if you play your cards right (even 3vs1 with a nice build), but once players realize that you aren't capable of putting out damage in any way they will draw advantage out of this fact.
    You don't see the point in a 5v5 match of one player being able to hold a point against 2-3 members of the opposing team?

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral Salech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You don't see the point in a 5v5 match of one player being able to hold a point against 2-3 members of the opposing team?
    I do see the point of it, and it works sometimes, unless you meet some one who has a decent skill level to stop you, and i know not all proffessions would be able too, but there is a few that can wreck those guardian builds quite easily.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You don't see the point in a 5v5 match of one player being able to hold a point against 2-3 members of the opposing team?
    If you are a moron and just trying to zerg a guardian who specilizes in holding defense yea you can see how pretty powerful it is. However anyone with half a brain can counter this and if you are a theif neither matters as you die regardless.

  7. #7
    The point isn't that the other team "are morons that zerg the guardian".

  8. #8
    im using a bunker build on my ele and 1v1 most of the time i dont die provided i entered the fight with all my utility skills off CD. If im fighting another bunker we usually have a long fight until someone joins him or someone joins me to turn the table.

    If im fighting anyone that cant remove conditions or is glass cannony i can take them out after a while stacking bleeds, and burning effects as well as timing knockdowns.

    2v1 ill stay for a bit but usually leave via ride the lightining if it gets to hot and return when only 1 person guards.

    I have had a few ppl actually fight me then leave because they realized they couldnt kill me and left the node alone for most the match or came back with 1 or 2 more ppl.

    So i disagree with the 2nd poster. Just because you cant kill someone with a bunker build doesnt mean its not useful. Being able to stay alive means your not costing your team 5 points every death. Also your able to neutralize one location and keep the enemy from gaining it. Also if you have 2 locations and you as a bunker can attack the 3rd and turn it white and fight on top of it, your basically not allowing the other team to gain any points via captured nodes.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Oh bunker builds! It's so cute when you guys flail wildly with 6 stacks of bleed, poison, burning 5 stacks of vuln 15 stacks of confusion and 4 seconds of daze... You should really invest in condition removal before word gets out and you melt like a snowflake in a blast furnace...

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 11:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    I do see the point of it, and it works sometimes, unless you meet some one who has a decent skill level to stop you, and i know not all proffessions would be able too, but there is a few that can wreck those guardian builds quite easily.
    Staff mesmers do wonders and I've capped points from bunker builds with cripples and point blank shot... Ah it's so trollsy...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  10. #10
    Oh bunker builds! It's so cute when you guys flail wildly with 6 stacks of bleed, poison, burning 5 stacks of vuln 15 stacks of confusion and 4 seconds of daze... You should really invest in condition removal before word gets out and you melt like a snowflake in a blast furnace...
    Oh <x class/build!> It's so cute when you flail wildly with <ridiculous amount of conditions that anyone would die to and really aren't even realistic to stack>!!

    Yeah, ok. Hey, I bet they die if they try to solo a keep in WvW, too. Lets post about that.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh <x class/build!> It's so cute when you flail wildly with <ridiculous amount of conditions that anyone would die to and really aren't even realistic to stack>!!

    Yeah, ok. Hey, I bet they die if they try to solo a keep in WvW, too. Lets post about that.
    Um that's really really easy to do with a staff Mesmer....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Oh bunker builds! It's so cute when you guys flail wildly with 6 stacks of bleed, poison, burning 5 stacks of vuln 15 stacks of confusion and 4 seconds of daze... You should really invest in condition removal before word gets out and you melt like a snowflake in a blast furnace...
    Whats good about my bunker build is i only have like 13.8k hp but when i swap to water attune i remove ALL conditions, My heal skill also removes conditions per tick and it ticks like 8 times or w.e. So conditions are not a problem for me. I believe i also remove a condition when ever a grant myself regeneration and that syncs well with cantrips grant regeneration. So i can remove conditions that way too.

  13. #13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •