LF MoveAnything & Addon Control Panel alternatives that work in MOP

I need both these addons but they are piling up LUA errors and/or annoying bugs, I was just wondering if there alternatives.

I use moveanything mostly to move the altpower bar and the achievement and loot popups so they don't appear over my action bars.
    But moveanything breaks my escape-key functionality constantly, so much so I've made a /reload macro and I have to reset the quest tracker window every time I log in, it's been over a week since an update so I'm losing patience a bit (/reloading over 10 times a day isn't fun )

Addon Control Panel seems to work fine but piles up lua errors (over 165 sometimes, decursive lets me know ;p) slowing down play. I like to be able to load and unload addons or profiles of addons ingame.

Does anyone know a good working alternative to either of these?

I've only been using MoveAnything to move (player cast bar). I'm considering just stopping it and moving the cast bar other ways.

I hated ACP. I went from 'TooManyAddons' -> ACP, and finally 'Option House'. It doesn't get in my way, but doesn't have profile sets.

Hi thanks for the reply, it seems toomanyaddons should be working ok so I'll try that. Now I just need a moveanything replacement addon.
    edit: found one, it's called smartframemover
    Last edited by Elrandir; 2012-10-10 at 02:37 PM.

That's odd that ACP is causing LUA errors for you, it isn't for me. As far as MoveAnything goes...Any frame mover / re-sizer has been have been headaches for me. None consistently save positions / sizes for me.

Been using ACP without a hitch. Maybe post the errors?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, ACP works perfectly here. Post the errors.

Here is one: reporting this lua error: Message: [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "ACP" tried to call the protected function "CompactPartyFrame:unusedFunc()".
    Time: 10/09/12 17:32:25
    Count: 1
    Stack: [C]: in function `unusedFunc'
    ...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:160: in function `CompactRaidFrameContainer_LayoutFrames'
    ...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:130: in function `CompactRaidFrameContainer_TryUpdate'
    ...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:57: in function `CompactRaidFrameContainer_OnEvent'
    [string "*:OnEvent"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

Locals: <none>

Sorry but I maybe grossly mistaken about the number of errors or even the addon causing it, whenever curse says there are tons of lua errors there are none popping up with display lua errors enabled, I only saw this one pop up a few times but otherwise I don't know what curse is complaining about so I assumed it was ACP as I checked its curse page and 3 people there on the front page are complaining about tons of errors as well (check the comments of 420psilo, niselma30 and wrenma1).

I get the "[ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED]" error a lot for various addons. I believe it's just a generic taint message. Probably needs rewriting a little, but shouldn't effect the addon working.

Oh thank you for letting me know. I just got the decursive message again in an instance without ACP. I think it must have been smartframemover which doesn't work either to move stuff, it doesn't save any positions.

Deleted
    The taint errors affect any addon that initializes long dropdowns and is a bug with Blizzard code.

Here is a post on official forums that investigates this:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...24969?page=1#2

Unfortunately, some addons can't simply stop using them as that would require a fairly substantial rewrite
    (and they shouldn't be required to on top of that since this is a bug in the game)

You will most likely get other addons blamed with ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED errors after removing those 2.
    Since that particular error mainly affects the raid-style unitframes a simpler albeit temporary solution is when you get that error to
    1. Get out of combat.
    2. Open the raid manager options.
    3. Toggle "keep groups together" on/off.

This will refresh the raidframes and do any pending roster updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Hi thanks for the reply, it seems toomanyaddons should be working ok so I'll try that. Now I just need a moveanything replacement addon.
    edit: found one, it's called smartframemover
    Check WowInterface.com for DragEm All. One of my favorite addons as it never has thrown an error (for me) and does exactly what it says it does.