Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

MoP:Which spec does the most DPS?

Hello locks, i see all locks are affliction but i dont know why i do more dps as destro and less with affliction im ilvl 455 with destro i do around 40 affli around 35 (thats in dungeons) ;/ as affli im putting the dots UA haunt agony corruption and curse of elements refresh them and spam MG also before puting the dots i proc DS .but still idk why i do a lot more dps as Destro and all locks are affli and i never tried demo what spec do you think is the best for lock dps and how much dps do you do on dummy ?
    Last edited by mmocb1f8a04fc3; 2012-10-10 at 10:40 AM.

i also feel like destruction and demo are doing more damage than afflic. but afflic will be the best for sure single target once u are fully t14 geared. for now, i think its normal u can pull more damage in destruction. I just recently change from demo to afflic (today) because i did some test on the dummy and finally came to the conclusion i was doing a little bit more in afflic. (42k as demo, 44k as afflic)

Deleted
    Lol i barely make 20k on trash in dungeons, as aff.

Deleted
    i have a raid tonight mogushan vaults should i play affli or destro for best dps ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainoff View Post
    I just recently change from demo to afflic (today) because i did some test on the dummy and finally came to the conclusion i was doing a little bit more in afflic. (42k as demo, 44k as afflic)
    That's not even statistically significant.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by impressivve View Post
    i have a raid tonight mogushan vaults should i play affli or destro for best dps ?
    The one you know and play better.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    5% isn't statistically significant? Sure ok...

I'd go with 2 PvE specs. Affliction does better when you have prolonged execution phases, while Destro and Demo will do better if you need ot burst down targets faster. That way you can chop and change as required.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 10:50 AM ----------

The one you know and play better.
    i can play both i just wonder which 1 does more dps i see all locks playing affli even these which are in world top guilds ? but i think i do more dps as destro dunno why

Here are some stats from World of Logs (using the calculations from raidbots.com), what they have done is that they have taken the median value out of the top 100 warlocks (100 from each spec), this is the median dps each spec do at each boss:

The Stone Guard
    1. Affli - 65916 dps
    2. Demo - 63297 dps
    3. Destro - 56735 dps

Feng the Accursed
    1. Affli - 59804 dps
    2. Demo - 53723 dps
    3. Destro - 51131 dps

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
    1. Affli - 64652 dps
    2 Demo - 54176 dps
    3. Destro - 52063 dps

The Spirit Kings
    1. Affli - 56594 dps
    2. Demo - 52731 dps
    3. Destro - 47765 dps

Elegon
    1. Affli - 117233 dps
    2. Destro - 104300 dps
    3. Demo - 93984 dps

Will of the Emperor
    1. Affli - 71703 dps
    2. Destro - 55224 dps
    3. Demo - 48266 dps

Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    Here are some stats from World of Logs (using the calculations from raidbots.com), what they have done is that they have taken the median value out of the top 100 warlocks (100 from each spec), this is the median dps each spec do at each boss:

The Stone Guard
    1. Affli - 65916 dps
    2. Demo - 63297 dps
    3. Destro - 56735 dps

Feng the Accursed
    1. Affli - 59804 dps
    2. Demo - 53723 dps
    3. Destro - 51131 dps

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
    1. Affli - 64652 dps
    2 Demo - 54176 dps
    3. Destro - 52063 dps

The Spirit Kings
    1. Affli - 56594 dps
    2. Demo - 52731 dps
    3. Destro - 47765 dps

Elegon
    1. Affli - 117233 dps
    2. Destro - 104300 dps
    3. Demo - 93984 dps

Will of the Emperor
    1. Affli - 71703 dps
    2. Destro - 55224 dps
    3. Demo - 48266 dps
    While this looks pretty solid to show that Affliction is indeed the top spec, I'm curious how much of this is a product of the fact that the top Affliction players in the world are no doubt using a ton of drain soul / soul shard tricks in order to bump up their DPS just a bit. On top of that, Affliction's execute phase is ridiculously good so I wonder if that's affecting these numbers at all.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends what your reforges are, the prio for affliction and destro are very different:

Aff: Mastery > Haste > Crit
    Destro: Haste > Crit = Mastery

Myself i was able to hit 61k dps at the stone guard as affliction ( Without heroism & 5% haste ) and i can tell you affliction has less room for error, destro is much easier to play as, that might be why people are comfortable with it, also havoc on that boss works wonders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, noone is doing "drain soul/soul shard tricks". Only fight where you actually drain soul to get shards when the mob isn't dying is elegon, so you can use them on the sparks.

Without "epics", affliction and demo are very close, demo probably even pulling ahead on multidot fights where you can doom for more than 30 seconds per target (Stone Guard). But as gear gets better and you start getting normal raid gear, affliction goes further and futher away from the pack.

On heroic fights like feng or other aoe heavy ones, then yeah, demo will probably be better than affliction due to the bursty aoe that's required.

About affliction reforging, if you took those values from simcraft, you should see the stats on the gear. Doesn't it make you wonder why simcraft has more haste than mastery? So conclusion is, those stat weight values are "fixed" for that specific haste level. If you go full mastery when your haste is half that, don't wonder why your dps is so low compared to other affliction warlocks. The best way to see what you should reforge for is to download simcraft, import your own character and sim it.

In the future as people will start getting heroic ilvl gear, demo will be further behind of affliction that it already is now.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-10-10 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Trust me, noone is doing "drain soul/soul shard tricks". Only fight where you actually drain soul to get shards when the mob isn't dying is elegon, so you can use them on the sparks.
    I'll reclarify: what I meant by "drain soul tricks" was using DS on adds that were going to be dying quick to recharge all of your soulshards. The average player is likely not going to be doing that as often or efficiently as a top 100 raider, so I'm curious to see how much that affects the top warlocks' DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked the numbers on single-target, Affliction was top with Demo slightly behind, and Destro last by a slightly larger margin. This is, as mentioned, theoretical numbers that assume that the player plays the spec perfectly. Even then, the differences are not huge, and all specs shine on different fights. I suggest you go with simply what you prefer. I'm going Affli myself atm, and I'm loving it.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    guys i just did 42k on dummy as destro and 34-35k as affli any tips how to maximize my affli dps ? i have 33% master 8% haste 8% crit 16,848 sp with dark intent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by impressivve View Post
    guys i just did 42k on dummy as destro and 34-35k as affli any tips how to maximize my affli dps ? i have 33% master 8% haste 8% crit 16,848 sp with dark intent
    can you post your armory so it would be easier to help you, but as previously mentioned before affliction underperforms in lower ilvl gear

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

Without "epics", affliction and demo are very close, demo probably even pulling ahead on multidot fights where you can doom for more than 30 seconds per target (Stone Guard). But as gear gets better and you start getting normal raid gear, affliction goes further and futher away from the pack.

On heroic fights like feng or other aoe heavy ones, then yeah, demo will probably be better than affliction due to the bursty aoe that's required.

About affliction reforging, if you took those values from simcraft, you should see the stats on the gear. Doesn't it make you wonder why simcraft has more haste than mastery? So conclusion is, those stat weight values are "fixed" for that specific haste level. If you go full mastery when your haste is half that, don't wonder why your dps is so low compared to other affliction warlocks. The best way to see what you should reforge for is to download simcraft, import your own character and sim it.

In the future as people will start getting heroic ilvl gear, demo will be further behind of affliction that it already is now.
    What you mean with "If you go full mastery when your haste is half that, don't wonder why your dps is so low compared to other affliction warlocks"

I'm full mastery, unbuffed I got around 54% mastery and around 5% haste. This it's a big difference. I need more haste rating?

Atm Im reforging crit- hit/ haste-hit. 14% hit rating.

This it's also blowing my head, about our dots, now with pandemic it doesn't matter any more refresh him 1 sec before it fades? Unless you let them fade completly if they are super charge with potion, Demon Soul, trinket.

Only that matters now ,it's having all dots running, and spam MG at full duration , and use your Haunt properly this means, for aweosme damage you need to have all your dots running inclued Haunt and spam Malefic Grasp without interrupt it?

Now Omni CC it's useless for Afflction, since we don't need more times on dots, only concern it's not fade them, unless they're supercharge. I'M RIGHT?

Thanks on advance
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-10-10 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    What you mean with "If you go full mastery when your haste is half that, don't wonder why your dps is so low compared to other affliction warlocks"

I'm full mastery, unbuffed I got around 54% mastery and around 5% haste. This it's a big difference. I need more haste rating?

This it's also blowing my head, about our dots, now with pandemic it doesn't matter any more refresh him 1 sec before it fades? Unless you let them fade completly if they are super charge with potion, Demon Soul, trinket.

Only that matters now ,it's having all dots running, and spam MG at full duration , and use your Haunt properly this means, for aweosme damage you need to have all your dots running inclued Haunt and spam Malefic Grasp without interrupt it?

Now Omni CC it's useless for Afflction, since we don't need more times on dots, only concern it's not fade them, unless they're supercharge. I'M RIGHT?

Thanks on advance
    I think it's still a DPS loss to refresh them early without clipping the last tick, but it's not a huge DPS loss.

Pandemic's primary purpose I'm thinking is that you refresh your DoTs before haunting to ensure they stay up during the entire length of the haunt so that you have 100% MG time during haunt. You'll still want timers on them for all other times to clip them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post

Thanks on advance
    Should i reforge everything to mastery for affli?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelvardik View Post
    I'll reclarify: what I meant by "drain soul tricks" was using DS on adds that were going to be dying quick to recharge all of your soulshards. The average player is likely not going to be doing that as often or efficiently as a top 100 raider, so I'm curious to see how much that affects the top warlocks' DPS.
    This is not relevant in 4 out of 6 fights - there are adds on Gara'jal, and you can drain soul them, but you are phased so your logs are meaningless. On Elegon, there is no trick - you have 1 Protector out at a time, you would be insane to not DS that.

Finally, top DPS on Will for Destro utilizes far more execute 'tricks' than Affliction does.

The main reason that top DPS is all weighted towards Affliction, by the way, is that pre-MoP evaluations all had Affliction on top, so most of the top and mid tier Warlocks are playing Affliction. There is player skill bias skewing the top parses in the way of Affliction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelvardik View Post
    All warlock specs benefit from executing adds. Drain Soul, killing blows in metamorphosis and killing blows from Shadowburn all grant spec specific resources.