Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm basing my opinion solely on the mere mention of notable characters. Horde's lore figures are piling up for appearances in MoP. Alliance is still mostly "oh we can't say, that would spoil it."

I forwarded the link home to listen to tonight. Can't at work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Which is the biggest insult to Night Elves and Night Elf fans ever. thousand year veterans losing on their home turf and people who can't even hold their own kingdoms save the day. Knaak lore should be uncanonized for the trash that it is.
    I get the feeling that if we don't see any Night Elf Sentinel awesomeness this time around, it really will be the final nail in the coffin. They have every reason to be involved in this war and to not be petty damsels in distress, they've had Ashenvale further encroached upon and plundered along with every other price of land they own, Shandris was there when Theramore fell and the fact that Night Elven history directly links their race's history to Pandaria.
    There hasn't been a better opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Ogres as the new Horde race. Calling it now.
    There's so many things being hinted at for the next expansion, especially the demon blood in Ragefire Chasm points towards The Legion returning (along with thousands of other clues pieced together), I so dearly hope that Rexxar getting some love means that Ogres will FINALLY make it the next xpac. Been waiting for them since Vanilla, and I hope that next expansion will finally be the one (as I've said since Wrath or so).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm basing my opinion solely on the mere mention of notable characters. Horde's lore figures are piling up for appearances in MoP. Alliance is still mostly "oh we can't say, that would spoil it."

I forwarded the link home to listen to tonight. Can't at work
    Sadly we will have grin and bear it until then.
    My problem is that so far the Alliance story is revolving too much around Varian.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPF5kGZ7mQM&feature=plcp

few interesting things:

Sylvanas will play a very big role in ousting Garrosh
    Rexxar is getting some love soon
    Blood elves will have a major role in upcoming patches (5.1 onwards)
    Alliance players will take over from an incompetent commander and lead an army
    The Alliance will band together behind Wrynn, while the Horde will... not when it comes to Garrosh
    And a lot of the usual shrugging and 'maybes'

Ohhh yeahhhh.

Bring on World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich Queen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Wonder if that means we'll see high elves in the Alliance to get the old band back together like the Horde is.
    If they make High Elves as a new race for the Alliance, Metzen can suck my fatass cock. Ughh... more elves...
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    ]Night Elves killed Alliance and Horde alike in WC3. WC3 is ancient history and needs to stop being referred to. The book is closed, every last player in that story has seen their time pass. In short, it doesn't make a bit of difference any more with the Pandaria story. What was written then has changed now or can easily be retconned out.
    I won't deny that WC3 happened many moons ago and that the events of then are not as big of a role in current Warcrat lore, but the difference between the elves doing it and Rexxar doing it is that the night elves shortly after joined the Alliance (due to the battle of Mount Hyjal), meanwhile the Orcs tried to maintain peace, but was broken by Kul'Tiras. (I know, I know, that didn't reflect the actions of the Alliance as a whole, just one people group) So since then they have been enemies.

Pretty much what I'm saying is that forging a relationship during catastrophic times (Hyjal) makes more sense than years down the road when you've been killing each other for years for Rexxar to suddenly say "lol hi guys, I will halp you now! I forgive for all those times you killed me in Desolace!"

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    I won't deny that WC3 happened many moons ago and that the events of then are not as big of a role in current Warcrat lore, but the difference between the elves doing it and Rexxar doing it is that the night elves shortly after joined the Alliance (due to the battle of Mount Hyjal), meanwhile the Orcs tried to maintain peace, but was broken by Kul'Tiras. (I know, I know, that didn't reflect the actions of the Alliance as a whole, just one people group) So since then they have been enemies.

Pretty much what I'm saying is that forging a relationship during catastrophic times (Hyjal) makes more sense than years down the road when you've been killing each other for years for Rexxar to suddenly say "lol hi guys, I will halp you now! I forgive for all those times you killed me in Desolace!"
    You can kill Malfurion's wife. Malfurion, it would seem, is cool with that. If Alliance has to put up with that kick to the lore balls, Horde deserves anything the Alliance can think up.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    While it is interesting to see Rexxar mentioned, I'm almost certain his "role" will be him standing with a bunch of other rebelling horde members in the Siege of Orgrimmar Raid (similar to Darion in ICC, minus the whole legendary quest line). However, with people speculating on Ogres coming into the Horde, I seriously doubt the next expansion would be a Burning Legion expansion. If we get an Azshara related expansion, I could see it happening though.

Blood Elves getting some love is interesting, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    You can kill Malfurion's wife. Malfurion, it would seem, is cool with that. If Alliance has to put up with that kick to the lore balls, Horde deserves anything the Alliance can think up.
    Bring it on! We are the Horde! Lok'Tar Ogar!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar's showed up quite a few times independent of his half ogre clan, like in the pre-Cata event and his little vanilla trip. I don't really see why the champion of the Horde making his latest reappearance is a green light for ogres.

It would be half ogres, anyway, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If they make High Elves as a new race for the Alliance, Metzen can suck my fatass cock. Ughh... more elves...
    High elves need a new model to be a new race. Because to me a new race is a new model, zone, and character creation option.

Right now they're blood elves with blue eyes; both in game and in lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    While it is interesting to see Rexxar mentioned, I'm almost certain his "role" will be him standing with a bunch of other rebelling horde members in the Siege of Orgrimmar Raid (similar to Darion in ICC, minus the whole legendary quest line). However, with people speculating on Ogres coming into the Horde, I seriously doubt the next expansion would be a Burning Legion expansion. If we get an Azshara related expansion, I could see it happening though.

Blood Elves getting some love is interesting, though.
    I wouldn't say he was so much 'mentioned' as the guy asking kosak the questions asked him whats going to happen to rexxar, and kosak said 'yes he will appear'.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Rexxar's showed up quite a few times independent of his half ogre clan, like in the pre-Cata event and his little vanilla trip. I don't really see why the champion of the Horde making his latest reappearance is a green light for ogres.

Rexxar also had a stint as an Ogre Chieftan in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

Most people are saying (and I understand where they're coming from) that the reason this could be a green light is that the next expansion is 'supposed' to be legion focused. IIRC Blizz said awhile ago that they plan to re-vamp Outland sometime too. The next expansion, if legion focused would be a perfect time for them to do this imo.
    So this would make Rexxar have more of a part in the story, and ogres are all around Outland, including the Mok'Nathal (half), seems like that would be the best time to add ogres.

I am quite nervous about Sylvanas involvement. I don't really like this character (after the styrolyne of WCIII she is as generic as you can get, + she is a major douche). But how could she possibly convince other leaders of the Horde to support her? Taurens or Trolls are as far as you can get from this abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I feel the same way. It's been rough on Night Elves these past years.
    They deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I am quite nervous about Sylvanas involvement. I don't really like this character (after the styrolyne of WCIII she is as generic as you can get, + she is a major douche). But how could she possibly convince other leaders of the Horde to support her? Taurens or Trolls are as far as you can get from this abomination.
    The same way she convinces new forsaken. Serve her or die. Alternatively, Blozz can bring back the mind control quest from Cata beta.

Ok...I am calling it now: 2 new classes:
    Beastmaster - +3 pets controlled, differ buffs etc) + dual wield, melee dps/tank
    Daemon Hunter - dual wield (WARGLAIVES AND W3 DH ANIMATIONS! I am gonna play this forever, epic win!), daemonic powers, melee dps + some caster

2 new races: High Elves + Half-ogres

How much win there is? ALOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Sadly we will have grin and bear it until then.
    My problem is that so far the Alliance story is revolving too much around Varian.
    I think they've done a good job developing Varian and I'm liking how he's developed recently.
    The whole "trials of Hercules" type scenario sounded cool to me, IF and ONLY IF it developed Varian into being the High Commander of the Alliance, not the High King. Anduin Lothar was his mentor after the fall of Stormwind and it would be fitting for Varian to follow into that role.

Furthering the idea, I'd love to see Varian become High Commander as Anduin takes on the crown. Varian's a warrior, Anduin's a diplomat. It should make a good balance.

But that's something you'd expect down the road when Anduin's older.

Definitely grin and bear it and wait (im)patiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Ok...I am calling it now: 2 new classes:
    Beastmaster - +3 pets controlled, differ buffs etc) + dual wield, melee dps/tank
    Daemon Hunter - dual wield (WARGLAIVES AND W3 DH ANIMATIONS! I am gonna play this forever, epic win!), daemonic powers, melee dps + some caster

2 new races: High Elves + Half-ogres

How much win is there? ALOT.
    Not a remote possibility all at once. Blizz wouldn't put 2 new classes in an expansion and if the did you wouldn't see 2 new classes AND 2 new races I don't think.
    Beastmaster is a hunter spec, it wouldn't be a new class.

Demon Hunter I wouldn't be surprised to see as a new class in a Burning Legion expansion, but it will further twist and screw with lore surrounding them.

High elves and half ogres I could see, but they would be met with many cries of laziness in their model.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-10-10 at 06:30 PM.