Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Agreed, and Shandris!

    Honestly, I'd like to see Tyrande and Shandris out there leading some forces. I'd also like to see Vereesa on the battlefield after Rhonin's death. And when Alleria is finally back, I want the uncomfortable family reunion.
    To be honest after the destruction of Tyrande's personality, not sure I want to see her anywhere anymore for I fear she'll just go and cry to Malfurion and be like Jaina in Icecrown Citadel with "I'm proud of my king *cry*". Shandris feels a much better choice now to take the mantle of leadership of the night elves now, this way the power would revert to the sentinels alone and no neutral druid would be considered leader of an Alliance race. Malfurion and Tyrande could leave one day to spend the rest of their lives somewhere alone (considering night elves age now, they might want to spend their lives now in peace or something, Shandris can't afford that as Jarod left her).

  2. #82
    Scarab Lord Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    4,015
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    High elves need a new model to be a new race. Because to me a new race is a new model, zone, and character creation option.

    Right now they're blood elves with blue eyes; both in game and in lore.
    Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if they flesh them out with new everything. They're still just fucking elves! They need to stay in the background, never to be brought up again.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If he's so important to the lore, and so powerful, he won't be defeated ever.
    Unless we get 10/25 wooden axes.

  4. #84
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Unless we get 10/25 wooden axes.
    Alright, going to admit that made me laugh.

    But it would take at least 1,000 to give Sargeras a case of "death by a thousand paper cuts."
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Sargeras is indeed the grand villain of Warcraft. You kill him and the series ends. It's like killing Sauron. I doubt Blizz would end their 10,000,000 player cash cow.
    You could, and I hope we do. Remember that it was Old Gods that corrupted Sargeras in the first place, so they can always pile darker and more powerful Old Gods as a primary antagonist.

  6. #86
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Hmm, interesting bit about the Old Gods, and the Titans apparently killing 'a lot.'

    That aspect of Warcraft lore really needs some hammering out.
    With that, well on the one hand it doesn't surprise me, given the current state of retcons and altering the lore around, it does still bug the crap out of me.

    Years ago, we were told the old gods were so powerful beings, that when the titans faught them, they couldn't kill them, and so this is why they locked them under the earth and held them in a kind of eternal slumber.

    Years later the devs are retconning there own words saying 'actually the titans did kill many of them'

    /facepalm.

    No wonder the lore feels like someone took a machine gun to it.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Alright, going to admit that made me laugh.

    But it would take at least 1,000 to give Sargeras a case of "death by a thousand paper cuts."
    AAAARGH paper cuts! My only weakness, how did you know! Curse you mortals!

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if they flesh them out with new everything. They're still just fucking elves! They need to stay in the background, never to be brought up again.
    See? This is the attitude we would have less of if Blizzard had given WoW the savage "perfect warrior" night elves of WC 3 instead of what we got.

    No, Fahrenheit, you wouldn't still hate them, I'm using the mystical "it was posted on the interwebz" powers as proof. XD

    I don't have anything against high elves for the Alliance, but I agree blood elves, night elves, and high elves....that's getting to be a lot of elves.
    I'd rather see high elf as a night elf alternate skin option alongside Dark Iron dwarves, forest trolls, etc. than a new race.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  9. #89
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if they flesh them out with new everything. They're still just fucking elves! They need to stay in the background, never to be brought up again.
    says the worgen. elves might be annoying but at least there serve a purpose in the story.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  10. #90
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    With that, well on the one hand it doesn't surprise me, given the current state of retcons and altering the lore around, it does still bug the crap out of me.

    Years ago, we were told the old gods were so powerful beings, that when the titans faught them, they couldn't kill them, and so this is why they locked them under the earth and held them in a kind of eternal slumber.

    Years later the devs are retconning there own words saying 'actually the titans did kill many of them'

    /facepalm.

    No wonder the lore feels like someone took a machine gun to it.
    It sounds like they're up to no good. Trying to turn the Old Gods into the new Legion for a (ugh) post-Sargeras universe.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    See? This is the attitude we would have less of if Blizzard had given WoW the savage "perfect warrior" night elves of WC 3 instead of what we got.
    I hated those religious, nature-loving primitives back when I was doing the campaign, I hate them still.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    With that, well on the one hand it doesn't surprise me, given the current state of retcons and altering the lore around, it does still bug the crap out of me.

    Years ago, we were told the old gods were so powerful beings, that when the titans faught them, they couldn't kill them, and so this is why they locked them under the earth and held them in a kind of eternal slumber.

    Years later the devs are retconning there own words saying 'actually the titans did kill many of them'

    /facepalm.

    No wonder the lore feels like someone took a machine gun to it.
    Actually we were told they couldn't kill the Old Gods on Azeroth. Are the new statements suggesting they killed many old gods on Azeroth or in the cosmos?
    The Old Gods on Azeroth were so integrated into the planet that killing them would destroy Azeroth itself. That wouldn't mean they could have killed Old Gods on other worlds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I hated those religious, nature-loving primitives back when I was doing the campaign, I hate them still.
    Seriously? The militant "kick ass and ask questions later" concept was a nice change for elves, I thought.

    To each their own, I guess. Generic orc and human ftw forever.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  13. #93
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Actually we were told they couldn't kill the Old Gods on Azeroth. Are the new statements suggesting they killed many old gods on Azeroth or in the cosmos?
    The Old Gods on Azeroth were so integrated into the planet that killing them would destroy Azeroth itself. That wouldn't mean they could have killed Old Gods on other worlds.


    Seriously? The militant "kick ass and ask questions later" concept was a nice change for elves, I thought.

    To each their own, I guess. Generic orc and human ftw forever.
    that kind of expands it out to there being old gods everything, making the the same level of universal evil as the legion.

    That would be annoying honestly, since they made a big thing about why azeroth was so important, like as if it was the center of so much of this, but if old gods come into it on other worlds.. well..
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  14. #94
    The Lightbringer Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    1. The Age of Mortals seems to sugguest that we won't be helped by our Gods to kill villains in the future. Unless Blizz decides to go back on that for the second time (first was WC3-WoW)

    2. Sargeras is indeed the grand villain of Warcraft. You kill him and the series ends. It's like killing Sauron. I doubt Blizz would end their 10,000,000 player cash cow.

    3. From WoWpedia.



    If he's so important to the lore, and so powerful, he won't be defeated ever.
    While he is the "grand villain", killing him won't end WoW. There are many things Blizzard can do. Old Gods, more faction war, hell, they could create new lore like they did with MoP. Sargeras does not need to be alive for any of these to happen.

  15. #95
    High Overlord punksandskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    L.A., CA
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    [/COLOR]
    Would make sense. If we do indeed face the legion again, and Outland has a revamp, it would be perfectly logical (imo) for Ogres to be the new Horde race, perhaps Arrakoa (or something) for Alliance, and Ethereal as Neutral (a man can dream, can't he?)
    Arrakoa and Ethereal should never become playable. Just stupid. But you are right Ogres to join the Horde. As for Alliance? Easy, Furbolgs. They already have a tribe or 2 in the alliance, also close with Night Elves/Draenei, and since it would be a burning legion expansion (they are responsible for corrupting their race, see WC3), they make perfect sense. And finally, some are saying what about High Elves? Save them for an inevitable "sub races/re skins" thing they'll eventually come out with.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    High elves as a race would be pretty lame. They are physically identical to blood elves other than the eyes. Not even a different race, really.
    The High Elves have been a race itself for millennia, in fact, the Blood Elves are those who have deviated from the original race, and thus forming a sub-race themselves.

    There are enough differences between the High Elves of the Alliance and the Blood Elves of the Horde: different customs, different psychologies, different ways of doing things, and even, we could talk about certain physical differences ... (not so natural, but rather artificial ones: as showed here).

    Moreover, even if they were exactly the same race in every way, the High Elves would still have a special place as a race in the ranks of the Alliance. The High Elves still persist, and are a vital part of the Alliance since the times of Arathor.

    The loyalty of the High Elves for the Alliance is commendable: they self-exiled from their ancestral lands in order not to betray the Alliance. The king Anasterian himself (personal friend of the Menethil dynasty for generations) would turn in his grave watching his people becoming addicted to the magic and allying with the Horde (allies of the trolls and enemies of the humans).

    Does the fact that they are similar to the Blood Elves makes that High Elves cannot be playable? Of course not, look at the Pandaren (first neutral race present in the Horde and the Alliance)
    Are the High Elves too few to be playable? Of course not, look at the Pandaren (how many Pandaren can fit on the back of a giant turtle?) or the Goblins (how many goblins can fit on a boat and survive a shipwreck?)


    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If they make High Elves as a new race for the Alliance, Metzen can suck my fatass cock. Ughh... more elves...
    The High Elves are ALREADY a race of Alliance, just have not been given the importance and recognition they deserve.

    The High Elves in the Alliance are the symmetric counterpart to the Horde Ogres: they complete the quota of historic races on both sides. If Ogres become playable for the Horde (which I personally wish pleasantly), the High Elves should be also playable for the Alliance.

    Are there many elven races in the game? It is possible, but is that bad? Of course not: it gives more diversity to the game yet. You remember: the trolls are the ancestors of the elves, the Nagas are elves and even the Worgen are here thanks to the intervention of the elves. Is that the “World of Elvencraft”? Not necessarily, humans are in fact the most prolific race of Azeroth and have many subspecies and ancestors.

    In fact, in most fantasy worlds there are many elven races, and in the Warcraft universe currently we only have three: the high elves, who are the characteristic formal and honorable allies of humans, the night elves, who are the characteristic independent dark elves, and the blood elves, the characteristic libertines and arrogant elves.


    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    High elves need a new model to be a new race. Because to me a new race is a new model, zone, and character creation option.

    Right now they're blood elves with blue eyes; both in game and in lore.
    Exactly, now the High Elves ingame are mere placeholders (using the blood elf models with blue lenses and the night elf voices)

    The High Elves need more love from Blizzard: new models and animations (distinguishable from the Blood Elves), starting zone (Greenwood), a charismatic leader who will gather them all under a common goal (Alleria Windrunner is the perfect candidate ) and increased participation in world events (the silver unicorn banner will wave among the ranks of the Alliance) Glory to the Alliance! For the Quel'dorei!


    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if they flesh them out with new everything. They're still just fucking elves! They need to stay in the background, never to be brought up again.
    The elves in general are a cornerstone in the Warcraft universe and especially the High Elves are a fundamental part of the Alliance for centuries: that is so, you can not change it. If you do not agree you can always play another game ...


  17. #97
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    that kind of expands it out to there being old gods everything, making the the same level of universal evil as the legion.

    That would be annoying honestly, since they made a big thing about why azeroth was so important, like as if it was the center of so much of this, but if old gods come into it on other worlds.. well..
    The question is which one is being set up as weaker. Are the killed Old Gods killed pre-Defiler or post-Defiler? If it's post, then it seems Blizz is setting the Old Gods up as weaker and thereby setting them up as the villains we kill in WoW.

    If the dead Old Gods were post-Defiler, then they are setting the Legion up as weaker and thereby us killing Sargeras and having the Old Gods take over as the new Legion.


    And we still have the Lich Queen and Azshara floating around as later villains.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    Arrakoa and Ethereal should never become playable. Just stupid. But you are right Ogres to join the Horde. As for Alliance? Easy, Furbolgs. They already have a tribe or 2 in the alliance, also close with Night Elves and Draenei, and since it would be a burning legion expansion (they are responsible for corrupting their race, see WC3), they make perfect sense. And finally some are saying what about High Elves? Save them for an inevitable "sub races/re skins" thing they'll eventually come out with.
    Yeah sure, make race that goes on a murderous rampage the very moment there is something green around playable.

  19. #99
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post



    Exactly, now the High Elves ingame are mere placeholders (using the blood elf models with blue lenses and the night elf voices)

    The High Elves need more love from Blizzard: new models and animations (distinguishable from the Blood Elves), starting zone (Greenwood), a charismatic leader who will gather them all under a common goal (Alleria Windrunner is the perfect candidate ) and increased participation in world events (the silver unicorn banner will wave among the ranks of the Alliance) Glory to the Alliance! For the Quel'dorei!
    Here's where we're walking face-first into a retcon. Blood Elves and High Elves in lore are the exact same race, just with different eye colorations. They would have to retcon High Elves to give them a new model.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  20. #100
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    Cool. Looking forward to the Rexxar and Sylvanas parts a lot. I'm also looking forward to seeing how my (Alliance) faction mobilizes in 5.1. I'm guessing the incompetent commander is Admiral Taylor?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •