Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

New lore interview (Kosak)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPF5kGZ7mQM&feature=plcp

few interesting things:

Sylvanas will play a very big role in ousting Garrosh
    Rexxar is getting some love soon
    Blood elves will have a major role in upcoming patches (5.1 onwards)
    Alliance players will take over from an incompetent commander and lead an army
    The Alliance will band together behind Wrynn, while the Horde will... not when it comes to Garrosh
    And a lot of the usual shrugging and 'maybes'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    I sort of interpreted it differently, it sounded like he was referring to Garrosh. Anyway, pretty interesting stuff, nothing too major though.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPF5kGZ7mQM&feature=plcp

few interesting things:

Sylvanas will play a very big role in ousting Garrosh
    Ironic since she's arguably WORSE than Garrosh in terms of what she has done.

Rexxar is getting some love soon
    Ogres as the new Horde race. Calling it now.

Presumably this means we take over for every Alliance commander.

The Alliance will band together behind Wrynn,
    Oh joy, the Alliance gets turned into a Blue Horde.

Rexxar for Warchief!!!!

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Why did they had to choose Sylvanas to play the big role during the Siege? Would've much rather have Saurfang.

Looking forward to see Rexxar, maybe teaming up with Rokhan and Chen like old times.

Deleted
    Rexxar Warchief 2012 - full support

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves will have a major role in upcoming patches (5.1 onwards)
    This pleases me.

As does Sylvie's presence. Garrosh is the Theon Greyjoy to her Ramsay Bolton.

Rexxar needs to join the Alliance, because he's too cool a character for the Horde :P

Or at least stay Neutral, and share his awesomeness with both Factions, like Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm... so Sylvanas is a major player in ousting Garrosh. Could be she's the one who convinces Baine and Vol'jin to rebel after she's had enough of Garrosh's tomfoolery and poppycock.

Blood elves getting lore attention is always a nice thing.

I'll be honest, I really like the idea of taking over the army because none of the Alliance commanders in Pandaria so far have shown themselves to be remotely competent, nor have the Horde. It's like watching Zhuge Liang and Sima Yi go at one another with one awful strategy after another in The Romance of Three Kingdoms.

Yay, the Alliance finally officially eschews silly things like an interesting political atmosphere born out of being a military alliance and just becomes Blue Horde. /golfclap

Rexxar's getting some lore attention? Mok'nathal or ogres just might be the next expansion's Horde race, then. Nifty. Wonder if that means we'll see high elves in the Alliance to get the old band back together like the Horde is.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Rexxar needs to join the Alliance, because he's too cool a character for the Horde :P

Or at least stay Neutral, and share his awesomeness with both Factions, like Thrall.
    Stay Neutral?

He is hostile to Alliance. >.> I dare you to go and try to talk to him. :P

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Rexxar's getting some lore attention? Mok'nathal or ogres just might be the next expansion's Horde race, then. Nifty. Wonder if that means we'll see high elves in the Alliance to get the old band back together like the Horde is.
    Would make sense. If we do indeed face the legion again, and Outland has a revamp, it would be perfectly logical (imo) for Ogres to be the new Horde race, perhaps Arrakoa (or something) for Alliance, and Ethereal as Neutral (a man can dream, can't he?)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    While Sylvanas may play a big role in taking Garrosh down, I really really hope Baine will be the one to deliver the killing blow (assuming Garrosh dies), Baine deserves it more than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Stay Neutral?

He is hostile to Alliance. >.> I dare you to go and try to talk to him. :P
    He may be hostile to Alliance, but he has always been Neutral. Though he leans slightly towards the Horde.

He is same as Jaina (neutral in lore but hostile in game).

And since Jaina become neutral in game 2...
    Last edited by greeeed; 2012-10-10 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    He may be hostile to Alliance, but he has always been Neutral. Though he leans slightly towards the Horde.
    I guess that whole "Killing hundreds of alliance in Warcraft 3" thing would make him a good Alliance character, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kosak also mentioned that Night Elves in MoP will be more bad ass and feature less Druids. So we may yet see some Sentinels kicking ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would make sense. If we do indeed face the legion again, and Outland has a revamp, it would be perfectly logical (imo) for Ogres to be the new Horde race, perhaps Arrakoa (or something) for Alliance, and Ethereal as Neutral (a man can dream, can't he?)
    While there is an instance of the arakkoa making friendly relations with the Alliance (there was one in the novelization of Beyond the Dark Portal who assisted Danath and his men in Auchindoun), I'd think high elves to be more iconic and, in many cases, the ogres' mirror (a once-flourishing race that now has highly-reduced numbers within their former faction; as I recall only one or two ogre tribes are still with the Horde).

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I found his excuse for lack of Draenei lore slightly comical.
    "They're an alien race to Azeroth" was his justification. Did he forget about Orcs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that whole "Killing hundreds of alliance in Warcraft 3" thing would make him a good Alliance character, huh?
    To be fair, he only attacked Daelin's men, and Theramore has always been quick to distance itself from Kul Tiras after being invaded, occupied, and having its military forced into service under Daelin's command. That mission will actually fail you if you kill too many Theramore troops.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a horde fanatic and I'm glad the horde aren't exactly having Garrosh's thinking except of a few of his guards like the black rock body guard. I can't wait to personally dispose of him -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Kosak also mentioned that Night Elves in MoP will be more bad ass and feature less Druids. So we may yet see some Sentinels kicking ass.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Ever since Knaak got his hands on them, the Sentinels have mostly only been given lore attention when the writers need cannon fodder to show off how powerful the Horde is when it blitzkriegs an enemy (so the big, strong humans can save the day).