Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    This pleases me.

As does Sylvie's presence. Garrosh is the Theon Greyjoy to her Ramsay Bolton.
    O my hat your profile pic looka like a blood elf.
    "Earth can be shaped molded... you cannot you are useless" - Ascendant Lord Obsidius

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Worse at what? Killing Alliance scum?
    Necromancy?
    She's still out to eventually kill all living. There really is no difference between her and Arthas atm. At this point Sylvanas may as well be a villain.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-10-11 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Necromancy?
    She's still out to eventually kill all living. There really is no difference between her and Arthas atm. At this point Sylvanas may as well be a villain.
    What the hell is bad about necromancy, its school of magic like any other, just a bit messy if you are focused on the flesh part.

Sylvanas will play a part in the downfall of Garrosh? Hell, by that logic we should've been using Hitler to deal with our school yard bullies; if anything it should be the other way round, perhaps for a Garrosh redemption storyline but alas, he's already cast as a scapegoat for everything bad in the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I've said it months ago already that Rexxar will become the new Warchief, assigned with the help of Chen. The reason why the Horde is currently crumbling is because the current Warchief (and possibly the previous one too) were too focussed on the Orcs only. The reasoning to appoint Rexxar is to have a more race neutral Warchief that will try to treat all of them equally.
    That's a really good point. I wouldn't imagine him being a warchief on his own, but that's a plausible way to justify it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What the hell is bad about necromancy, its school of magic like any other, just a bit messy if you are focused on the flesh part.
    The part where you raise the bodies of your enemies into your service by warping their body and mind to the point where they are forced to fight their own friends and family? Even for a fantasy world it's highly immoral and unnatural.

it's highly immoral and unnatural.
    Because everything should be moral and natural? That sounds pretty stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Sylvanas will play a part in the downfall of Garrosh? Hell, by that logic we should've been using Hitler to deal with our school yard bullies; if anything it should be the other way round, perhaps for a Garrosh redemption storyline but alas, he's already cast as a scapegoat for everything bad in the Horde.
    While I'm highly against the idea of Sylvanas helping because of her nature, your example is a little flawed. Remember how the Allies joined forces with the USSR to defeat Hitler?

"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."

15+ Year Old Account
    really looking forward to rexxar lore coming in! and Belf rising sounds promising, that guy in their city might get some story love!

and i agree that Baine should get the KB on Garrosh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because everything should be moral and natural? That sounds pretty stupid.
    I can't believe you're defending necromancy.
    You don't even seem to have a basic grasp on right and wrong, there is nothing left to discuss.

If you cannot understand how warping the body, mind and soul to your own agenda and forcing them fight their comrades and family along with a desire to kill all life is evil then you have no place in discussing the story of a game.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-10-11 at 08:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why did they had to choose Sylvanas to play the big role during the Siege? Would've much rather have Saurfang.

Looking forward to see Rexxar, maybe teaming up with Rokhan and Chen like old times.
    Saurfang is busy in Northrend. I know, it's dumb, but they said back in Cata that he is keeping Horde expedition in Northrend in tact, and does not plan to leave.

They should have chose Baine for it since he has more reasons for revenge than anyone. But again, Sylvanas isn't bad choice after all those insults he said to her.

Rexxar has my vote for Warchief 2013, he needs to start doing some campaigning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I think they've done a good job developing Varian and I'm liking how he's developed recently.
    The whole "trials of Hercules" type scenario sounded cool to me, IF and ONLY IF it developed Varian into being the High Commander of the Alliance, not the High King. Anduin Lothar was his mentor after the fall of Stormwind and it would be fitting for Varian to follow into that role.
    Well if Varian is going to be Lothar 2, then he will duel against Garrosh and die (maybe in Orgrimmar raid?). If that happens, i may consider to stop playing this. (yeah, i'm already planning hundreds of "i'm quitting!!!" posts!) Especially if Thrall or some other green turd acts as Turalyon 2 and pwnz Garrosh after that.

I can't believe you're defending necromancy.
    You don't even seem to have a basic grasp on right and wrong, there is nothing left to discuss.

If you cannot understand how warping the body, mind and soul to your own agenda and forcing them fight their comrades and family along with a desire to kill all life is evil then you have no place in discussing the story of a game.
    Maybe you are the one who has no place in discussing the story of a game if you are still stuck with saturday morning cartoon stories where good always wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would want my corpse raised into undeath by my superiors so it could continue to kill my enemies.

Just putting that out there.

There's also tons of non-evil applications for raising the dead, I usually find the typical depictions of necromancers as these crazy evil bearded wizards as kind've tired. I like some fantasy settings where they operate as holy men, law enforcement officials, and medics. WoW could use an organization that uses necromancy in some capacity like that, like how the taunka and goblins put different spins on the whole elemental summoning thing.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2012-10-11 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post

Blood elves will have a major role in upcoming patches (5.1 onwards)
    *gets into the choppah and rides hundreds and thousends of blood elfs down* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOREEEEEE for you guys. *goes cries in a corner cause draeneis are basicly shot in the face on the Lore department*
    Yeh not to happy about that when I heard Kosak's response to the draenei lore thing. "they are from space" so..are the fucking orcs <.<.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Rexxar Warchief 2012 - full support
    Rexxar for Warchief !!!!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    *gets into the choppah and rides hundreds and thousends of blood elfs down* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOREEEEEE for you guys. *goes cries in a corner cause draeneis are basicly shot in the face on the Lore department*
    Yeh not to happy about that when I heard Kosak's response to the draenei lore thing. "they are from space" so..are the fucking orcs <.<.
    Dont worry, that senile old cult leader will propably get finisher on Kil'jaeden. Thats some bragging rights right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you are the one who has no place in discussing the story of a game if you are still stuck with saturday morning cartoon stories where good always wins.
    Oh please don't be petty by trying to deflect.
    Sylvanas and the Forsaken as of Cata are a force of evil. There are no two ways about it.
    I don't care if good always wins, WoW lore has always been grey and isn't about uncorruptible good guys in shining white armour but this doesn't change the fact the Forsaken are evil.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-10-11 at 09:58 AM.

I don't care if good always wins, WoW lore has always been grey and isn't about uncorruptible good guys in shining white armour
    Few recent events tend to disagree.