Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Here's where we're walking face-first into a retcon. Blood Elves and High Elves in lore are the exact same race, just with different eye colorations. They would have to retcon High Elves to give them a new model.
    Maybe the blood elves are who deserve a reconnection, to give them a brand new story and new models ingame more "demonic", after all, the demonic magic is inextricably linked to each of its cells.

And with the re-ignition of the Sunwell with holy magic, the consequences of mixing the two sources of polarized magic in their bodies can be disastrous: a new race emerges. The High Elves kept pure and uncontaminated will be the only ones who can keep their ancestral heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    [...] High Elves for the Alliance [...] New Class - Necromancer [...] an alternate timeline [...]
    oh God! if only they did that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharfox View Post
    They may be a different group, who have splintered off due to coruption, but so are the green skinned orcs. If the alliance, for whatever reason, got brown skinned orcs, and were told "it's a different race, see how better textured it is than the horde's orcs", would you cheer, or would say it's a copout? It is identical to the high elf/blood elf thing. They are the same race, just without that magic-addiction history.

Even worse than the orc thing, alliance already has elves. This would be like adding dark iron dwarves and stating taht's a new alliance race. There needs to be a reason to the new race, some new variety that people are missing.

I'm not saying Blizzard wouldn't do it, I'm just saying it can't really be defended as "not the blood elves at all."
    But the High Elves are an intrinsic part of the Alliance since forever! How they do, I not care, but the Alliance needs the High Elves in its ranks, they should actually be playable from vanilla WoW ...

In summary:

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The High Elves have been a race itself for millennia, in fact, the Blood Elves are those who have deviated from the original race, and thus forming a sub-race themselves.

There are enough differences between the High Elves of the Alliance and the Blood Elves of the Horde: different customs, different psychologies, different ways of doing things, and even, we could talk about certain physical differences ... (not so natural, but rather artificial ones: as showed here).

Moreover, even if they were exactly the same race in every way, the High Elves would still have a special place as a race in the ranks of the Alliance. The High Elves still persist, and are a vital part of the Alliance since the times of Arathor.

The loyalty of the High Elves for the Alliance is commendable: they self-exiled from their ancestral lands in order not to betray the Alliance. The king Anasterian himself (personal friend of the Menethil dynasty for generations) would turn in his grave watching his people becoming addicted to the magic and allying with the Horde (allies of the trolls and enemies of the humans).

Does the fact that they are similar to the Blood Elves makes that High Elves cannot be playable? Of course not, look at the Pandaren (first neutral race present in the Horde and the Alliance)
    Are the High Elves too few to be playable? Of course not, look at the Pandaren (how many Pandaren can fit on the back of a giant turtle?) or the Goblins (how many goblins can fit on a boat and survive a shipwreck?)

The High Elves are ALREADY a race of Alliance, just have not been given the importance and recognition they deserve.

The High Elves in the Alliance are the symmetric counterpart to the Horde Ogres: they complete the quota of historic races on both sides. If Ogres become playable for the Horde (which I personally wish pleasantly), the High Elves should be also playable for the Alliance.

Are there many elven races in the game? It is possible, but is that bad? Of course not: it gives more diversity to the game yet. You remember: the trolls are the ancestors of the elves, the Nagas are elves and even the Worgen are here thanks to the intervention of the elves. Is that the “World of Elvencraft”? Not necessarily, humans are in fact the most prolific race of Azeroth and have many subspecies and ancestors.

In fact, in most fantasy worlds there are many elven races, and in the Warcraft universe currently we only have three: the high elves, who are the characteristic formal and honorable allies of humans, the night elves, who are the characteristic independent dark elves, and the blood elves, the characteristic libertines and arrogant elves.

Now the High Elves ingame are mere placeholders (using the blood elf models with blue lenses and the night elf voices)

The High Elves need more love from Blizzard: new models and animations (distinguishable from the Blood Elves), starting zone (Greenwood), a charismatic leader who will gather them all under a common goal (Alleria Windrunner is the perfect candidate ) and increased participation in world events (the silver unicorn banner will wave among the ranks of the Alliance) Glory to the Alliance! For the Quel'dorei!

But the High Elves are an intrinsic part of the Alliance since forever! How they do, I not care, but the Alliance needs the High Elves in its ranks, they should actually be playable from vanilla WoW
    That's all fine and dandy, but let's leave them as ancillary lore characters in the background where they belong. We simply don't need more playable elf variations in the game. I for one would be pissed as hell if Blizzard blew their "New playable race" load for the Alliance on High elves. It's just too damn similar to what's in game already & they just don't have a unique niche to slot into.

I'd much rather have as a playable drakonids as an Alliance race, or saurok, or even a group of naga looking to be redeemed and take vengence on Azshara/N'Zoth. Consequently, all would be very much unique as there aren't any playable reptilian races in the game and all would lend a bit of badassedness to the Alliance, which it sorely needs, even after the Worgen.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    That's all fine and dandy, but let's leave them as ancillary lore characters in the background where they belong. We simply don't need more playable elf variations in the game. I for one would be pissed as hell if Blizzard blew their "New playable race" load for the Alliance on High elves. It's just too damn similar to what's in game already & they just don't have a unique niche to slot into.

I'd much rather have as a playable drakonids as an Alliance race, or saurok, or even a group of naga looking to be redeemed and take vengence on Azshara/N'Zoth. Consequently, all would be very much unique as there aren't any playable reptilian races in the game and all would lend a bit of badassedness to the Alliance, which it sorely needs, even after the Worgen.
    Yes, I agree with you, in fact I was always in favor that the neutral races not come into existence, to give more variety to the game. I support the proposal from the beginning of the Pandaren for the Alliance and Saurok/Asaathi for the Horde (see here).

But now that the neutral races are a fact in WoW, the next logical step is to make a neutral race of Elves, where we can choose whether being Sin'dorei or Quel'dorei ... if only that ...

I watched the whole video and do you remember the part where they ask if anything is happening with Illidan, and Kosak goes, "Well not in 5.0" ...

TAKE A LOOK AT THE FRONTPAGE BABY, BLACK TEMPLE SCENARIO .. CHEYA! Get ready for ILLIDAN!! PUMPED!

Nothings confirmed But C'MON ....

Yes, I agree with you, in fact I was always in favor that the neutral races not come into existence, to give more variety to the game. I support the proposal from the beginning of the Pandaren for the Alliance and Saurok/Asaathi for the Horde (see here).

But now that the neutral races are a fact in WoW, the next logical step is to make a neutral race of Elves, where we can choose whether being Sin'dorei or Quel'dorei ... if only that ...
    You had me up until the underlined part.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    To be fair, he only attacked Daelin's men, and Theramore has always been quick to distance itself from Kul Tiras after being invaded, occupied, and having its military forced into service under Daelin's command. That mission will actually fail you if you kill too many Theramore troops.
    Rexxar fought against Alliance in the First and Second War. But to be fair, many heroes turned neutral since that time.

That's it! I have it! This is the solution to satisfy both sides:

Make a neutral race of Elves, split between the High Elves for the Alliance and the Blood Elves for the Horde.

Give a new race to the Horde in compensation for the loss of exclusivity of the Elves: the Ogres

And at expansion of Azshara new neutral race: the Naga, as following...

The queen Azshara from her underwater empire prepares her final revenge against Azeroth with the help of the Burning Legion, but what she is not expected is that her most faithful lieutenants, the Count XXX and the Countess YYY, are the instigators and leaders of a group each day most numerous of insurgent Nagas, who are repentant for all the atrocities they committed under the leadership of Azshara since 10000 years ago, and are seeking redemption, which after their rebellion against Azshara they will find it with the Alliance and the Horde. The Horde with their new naga allies led by the Count XXX and the Alliance with their naga allies led by Countess YYY are preparing to end the tyranny of Queen Azshara and incidentally delay the return of the Burning Legion to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Rexxar for Warchief!!!!
    I won't be too surprised if Rexxar becomes the new Warchief! He is already a Champion of the Horde.

I think the Naga would make a pretty cool alliance race, perhaps a sect that's split off from Azshara for whatever reason. The alliance currently doesn't have a forsaken like race where they're more tenuous allies. They have a lot of differences across the board but they're all pretty tight. So I think that a new race with it's own agenda working for the alliance is what we need next.

Maybe the blood elves are who deserve a reconnection, to give them a brand new story and new models ingame more "demonic", after all, the demonic magic is inextricably linked to each of its cells.

And with the re-ignition of the Sunwell with holy magic, the consequences of mixing the two sources of polarized magic in their bodies can be disastrous: a new race emerges. The High Elves kept pure and uncontaminated will be the only ones who can keep their ancestral heritage.

But the High Elves are an intrinsic part of the Alliance since forever! How they do, I not care, but the Alliance needs the High Elves in its ranks, they should actually be playable from vanilla WoW ...
    You do know the blood elves are acting accordingly to their heritage, the high elves are the ones who don't. The Highborne have always been about power and the pursue of magic at all costs,just look at the Shen'dralar they siphoned demonic energy for 10.000 years to keep their immortality and started sacrificing their own. The blood elves are only slightly tainted otherwise they wouldn't be able to use the light at all like Nobundo for example.

You shouldn't forget

Even so, the prince's relatively quick acceptance of dire measures (e.g., draining magic from demons) is by no means characteristic of blood elves in general. The blood elves of Outland have by now discovered Kael'thas' agreement with Illidan, and they have for the most part become convinced of its necessity. Most blood elves still live on Azeroth, though. Few of these elves know of Kael'thas' pact with Illidan, and many would be horrified if they discovered it. Draining magic from small mana-bearing vermin is a far cry from draining magic from demons.

The High elves could become the next playable Alliance race, but they shouldn't get a unique model, since they are exactly like blood elvews safe the eye color, hell there might even be fel tainted high elves, since it was previously stated by blizzard that all elves in Quel Thalas became tainted, so High elves who remained to long or were exposed to many demons during the third war will have green eyes.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

The high evles would never be alliance race, or at least not the next one (maybe one after)
    At least time pass more so they evolve more different than blood elves, until now lore-wise high elves look exactly like blood elves except for eye glowing, it won't make sense they suddenly change
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

What point throughout the video do they talk about the Old Gods?

And also here is an interesting thing I found concerning the Old Gods vs Titan deal:

"Krasus speculated that should the Old Gods open the gates of their prison even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death" -Wowpedia
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    What point throughout the video do they talk about the Old Gods?

And also here is an interesting thing I found concerning the Old Gods vs Titan deal:

"Krasus speculated that should the Old Gods open the gates of their prison even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death" -Wowpedia
    Problem is, with this new lore it has been stated that several old gods died against the Titans meaning they are clearly superior.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Problem is, with this new lore it has been stated that several old gods died against the Titans meaning they are clearly superior.
    Source?(Was that mentioned in the video posted by the OP? If so what time during the video was it stated?).

Yeah, the Titans defeated several, but how do you know the Old Gods didn't kill dozens in return?
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

There is no different race, no race or subrace. "Blood Elves" is a name. As a rallying cry to his people, their sovereign offered "Sin'dorei" as the new name for their people in honor of what they had been through -- children of the blood. Those that followed their (in point of fact, rightful) ruler Kael'thas embraced it and it led down a dark path and then out the other side, reforged and redeemed. Those that didn't like him or follow him, for whatever reason, expatriated, they left. They didn't become Quel'thalas in exile, they just left.

In fact, in most fantasy worlds there are many elven races, and in the Warcraft universe currently we only have three: the high elves, who are the characteristic formal and honorable allies of humans, the night elves, who are the characteristic independent dark elves, and the blood elves, the characteristic libertines and arrogant elves.
    Short for you.

High borne --->> Naga Half Elfs. Fel-Elf(Fel corrupted blood elves, see sunwell.)
    ^ ^ ^
    Dark troll -> Night elf --->>> High Elf ---->> Cooco elfs > Blood elf --->

but aye aye

I've always been a fan of the Naga and really want them to become playable one day.
    This video was made years ago but still represents the Naga as possible playable race,even with their old models they look pretty decent.With some more work from Blizzard they can be an excellent candidate for the next expansion .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlI-Ec73sM
    Who likes it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Gotta love these retcons. Lore has (or rather, had) it that the Old Gods had spread their tentacles so deep into Azeroth that to kill one, never mind all of them, would eventually result in the destruction of parts or the entirety of the planet. Seems they only wanted one immortal enemy around (Sylvanas), rather than several.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Wanting stricter immigration policies is predicated upon highly racist views, undoubtedly.

Naga -
    Overcoming Lore issues - There were probably a LOT of Kaldorei Resistance that were dragged under the sea with the Highborne and could have been mutated too.
    Overcoming Phyical issues (legs, boots, mounts) - I guess have a less mutated version of them for playable (not quite as different as Draenie ended up from broken though) that have legs and a tail for swimming and a running wild eqiovalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Gotta love these retcons. Lore has (or rather, had) it that the Old Gods had spread their tentacles so deep into Azeroth that to kill one, never mind all of them, would eventually result in the destruction of parts or the entirety of the planet. Seems they only wanted one immortal enemy around (Sylvanas), rather than several.
    As the Sha-Infested pandaria is the resting place for one deceased one, all the Sha issues could well be a result of its death, maybe even its ghost. Who knows if killing more really would cause even more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    As the Sha-Infested pandaria is the resting place for one deceased one, all the Sha issues could well be a result of its death, maybe even its ghost. Who knows if killing more really would cause even more problems.
    I don't believe the Sha are anything Old-God related; simply the manifestations of the Last Emperor's negative emotions thanks to the mask given to him by the Monkey King around 10,000 years ago or so.

Edit: Misread. Where is the evidence for an Old God death upon Pandaria though?
    Last edited by Alenarien; 2012-10-12 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Wanting stricter immigration policies is predicated upon highly racist views, undoubtedly.