Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dyzzl View Post
    Do you refresh your dots if they're all under 9 seconds before re casting Haunt? Or wait till the dots allign eventually and theyre all over 9 seconds.

For example, if i don't make any sense
    Cor - 2 seconds left
    agony - 7 seconds left
    UA - 15+ seconds left

Do you recast cor then agony then haunt? OR wait until they align all over 9 seconds each? Sorry if this doesn't make sense.
    In such a case, I would refresh corruption, then haunt, then refresh agony
    reason being that the time of travel for haunt is about one gcd, so I always save an instant cast between haunt and when I start channeling MG

Quote Originally Posted by Örchid View Post
    In such a case, I would refresh corruption, then haunt, then refresh agony
    reason being that the time of travel for haunt is about one gcd, so I always save an instant cast between haunt and when I start channeling MG
    I do this quite a lot yea. It's one of the reasons I like to cast Haunt on the pull and get my dots up in the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Also, don't forget that Haunt's damage is affected by Haunt. Yes, Haunt will buff the damage of Haunt as long as your second Haunt hits while the first Haunt is still active..
    Just keep its travel time in mind.
    No. Haunt will buff the damage of Haunt as long as your second Haunt is *finished casting* while the first Haunt is still active. Travel time doesn't enter into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    No. Haunt will buff the damage of Haunt as long as your second Haunt is *finished casting* while the first Haunt is still active. Travel time doesn't enter into it.
    Makes sense (I remember how Shatter works now). So I'd assume accounting for the travel time (in the action priority list for simcraft) is just to keep a 100% uptime?

Deleted
    I don't agree with some things written in this thread. Starting an encounter with dark soul and SB:SS is a DPS loss as you should wait for your weapon / trinket / cloak proc before using dark soul. Also the more agony stacks you already have the more dmg you get out of dark soul.

My rotation: CoE -> agony -> cor -> UA -> MG (at that point I have my cloak and weapon proc maybe even mithril watch) -> dark soul + lifeblood + on use trinket -> SB:SS -> haunt -> MG -> MG... before the procs run out I refresh dots with SB:SS again. I don't refresh manually as some of the shorter procs would run out.

Before dark soul is ready again I always drain soul to regain shards. I'm trying to have 100% haunt uptime while dark soul is active. Having timers for the internal cooldowns for cloak / weapon procs also helps to time dark soul for max effect.

Refreshing dots at the right time to get the most out of your procs is in my opinion the best way to boost damage.