Heroic Stone Guard 10m Help/Conversation

So. After 3 hours of wipes last night on heroic. The whole group understands the basics of the fights, with the crystals and teh tiles.

Our problem is the dog energy. Without writing out the long process. people who have done or killed the fight on 10m should understand how annoying dealing with the dogs energy is.

We are fine for like 2-4 minutes, then the dogs energies get too high at the same time. and they start exploding before we can even see what petrify we have coming up next.

We worked out what we thought was the perfect strategy, but its hard to account for the dead time between when one dog explodes, and when we get the next petrify.

Thoughts.....

Is 10m really harder on Stone Guard compared to 25m? We one shotted it at 25m without anyone having done it before(in beta) and nobody died. I guess it's a free kill on 25m hc also?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Is 10m really harder on Stone Guard compared to 25m? We one shotted it at 25m without anyone having done it before(in beta) and nobody died. I guess it's a free kill on 25m hc also?
    i think the general consensus is that stone guard is harder on 10man than 25 ya.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by datrillest View Post
    We worked out what we thought was the perfect strategy, but its hard to account for the dead time between when one dog explodes, and when we get the next petrify.

Thoughts.....
    I don't even know the heroic changes. But if you got problems with energy stacking to quick maybe pull them apart until you get the next petrify.. but maybe it would be too much time with the damage debuff on all the dogs to make it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by varila View Post
    I don't even know the heroic changes. But if you got problems with energy stacking to quick maybe pull them apart until you get the next petrify.. but maybe it would be too much time with the damage debuff on all the dogs to make it worthwhile.
    first off yes. in 25m u just use 3 tanks. since u have all 4 dogs. and its basically a free kill in my mind.

10m u have 3 dogs, but only 2 tanks. u cant just seperate the dogs without 3 tanks.

Swap the dogs no later than 25 energy. Do it that way and you should never have two dogs close to the same energy unless you screwed something up. Your tanks can't just pay attention to the one dog petrifying, they need to watch all the energy bars and react accordingly, with practice your tanks can basically do the fight without communicating since it's straightforward what they need to do when.

10m heroic definitely isn't easy. We basically had to 2 heal it for our attempts since our main paladin healer was out for the night. The core of the encounter and sustaining the group revolves around lighting up tiles and getting that spirit/damage buff to 80 or more IMO. Anything less than that and you will find your healers bleeding mana faster than they care to admit.

Longest we lasted was probably around 2 minutes but our monk healer was super under geared and it was really a struggle to last long enough to get the tiles all lit up. It also didn't help that frequently our DPS who attempted to light the tiles would find they couldn't click on the crystals....

Mechanics wise the fight is pretty much the same. Only break Jasper chains when Jasper is overloading. Only pop Cobalt bombs when Cobalt is overloading and so on and so forth. I'm not sure if there is any way to mitigate or avoid the Jade shards when Jade is NOT overloading. That just seems like damage we have to eat.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

Any 10man raiders/tank kill this on herioc with a perspective to give???

Thanks in advance..

It isn't easy but I like the challenge. The problem we ran into was not being able to click the gems for tiles, and energy would eventually creep up for 2 two explosions because of the HUGE delay when the next dog became active. Seriously, when 20-25 energy is gained before the next one becomes active, in 10 man this is too much time.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    It isn't easy but I like the challenge. The problem we ran into was not being able to click the gems for tiles, and energy would eventually creep up for 2 two explosions because of the HUGE delay when the next dog became active. Seriously, when 20-25 energy is gained before the next one becomes active, in 10 man this is too much time.
    Exactly same problem we had. first 2-4 minutes went flawless then two dogs would get too high of energy. and one would explode in the gap between the explosion and the next petrify.

Pretty fucked fight. Soooo RNG dependent. Even if you perform it perfectly shit can still hit the fan with some bad RNG. It also doesn't help when you have clicking bugs fucking you over and making it so you can't click the crystal to do the fight. After about 20 fucked up attempts from this bug we ended up getting everyone in the raid to relog every attempt and even then they'd still bug out occasionally

We spent 4 hours wiping on it tonight and were so close to a kill.

Got a 21% wipe, 12% wipe, 8% wipe and a kill would of bumped us up to world 20th hopefully knock it off tomorrow.

We got almost the worst combo possible out of the dogs - jasper/cobalt/jade.

No one can die at all - If one person dies it really fucks you up trying to run stacks in the last 40% bit with people chained together.
    Jade shards do 30% of the overall damage taken by the raid...... no jade = much much easier for healers when people aren't taking 50K hits all the time.
    Cobalts are pretty easy to avoid and having a pally + feral druid is epicly amazing as they can both bubble and run through a whole bunch of the mines to get rid of them

Ranged are much better at the fight than mellee.

Pretty good fight, keep you on your toes the whole time and requires good coordination and people to be vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Pretty fucked fight. Soooo RNG dependent. Even if you perform it perfectly shit can still hit the fan with some bad RNG. It also doesn't help when you have clicking bugs fucking you over and making it so you can't click the crystal to do the fight. After about 20 fucked up attempts from this bug we ended up getting everyone in the raid to relog every attempt and even then they'd still bug out occasionally

We spent 4 hours wiping on it tonight and were so close to a kill.

Got a 21% wipe, 12% wipe, 8% wipe and a kill would of bumped us up to world 20th hopefully knock it off tomorrow.

We got almost the worst combo possible out of the dogs - jasper/cobalt/jade.

No one can die at all - If one person dies it really fucks you up trying to run stacks in the last 40% bit with people chained together.
    Jade shards do 30% of the overall damage taken by the raid...... no jade = much much easier for healers when people aren't taking 50K hits all the time.
    Cobalts are pretty easy to avoid and having a pally + feral druid is epicly amazing as they can both bubble and run through a whole bunch of the mines to get rid of them

Ranged are much better at the fight than mellee.

Pretty good fight, keep you on your toes the whole time and requires good coordination and people to be vocal.
    I am interested in what your strat was to get past the first couple minutes or so. I was going oom pulling 60-70k hps after 2-3 minutes with no time to plea at all. Stacks were not consistant but more or less were up to 60-80 on a decent amount of the pulls.

The main issue is that there is so much raid damage along with tank damage it just gets overwhelming and your awareness is severely limited when trying to keep everybody up. Even when we tried to stack the advantage of stacked heals was near offset by the constant moving.

Do you have logs of your attempts? What was your strat? Were you keeping 2 dogs on the same tank the whole time or were you alternating which had 2 dogs? If you don't have logs how many melee vs range did you have? Healing comp?

Deleted
    So, 2 or 3 healers? We got a resto druid, disc priest, holy pala and resto shaman to work with.

3 healed them - Hpally, Rshammy, Monk.

2 tanked (paladin/dk) it and would swap guardians between tanks to deal with the overcharging and would rotate CDs on tanks tanking 2. Helps when you've got a blood dk doing amazing dps and healing.

Stacking the buff a lot higher (100+) helped immensely with healers mana. So we'd pull and each time stacks reset all 5 dps would grab crystals twice and use personal CDs like druid sprints, AMS, temporal shield, barkskin, dark bargain, hand of sac's etc to get really high stacks while healers would pop a few CDs. Worst part of the fight is those transitions trying to get the buff stacked up again fast.

If you have jade, I'd say it's near impossible to 2 heal because the damage going out from jade shards is unavoidable and makes up 30% of the overall damage taken.

3 ranged (boomkin, mage, lock), 2 mellee (dk, feral).

Logs - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hsgrktkkf5jngejt/

Quote Originally Posted by datrillest View Post
    first off yes. in 25m u just use 3 tanks. since u have all 4 dogs. and its basically a free kill in my mind.

10m u have 3 dogs, but only 2 tanks. u cant just seperate the dogs without 3 tanks.

LOL wut? 3 tanks for 4 dogs, 1 dog 1 tank, 1 dog 1 tank, 2 dogs 1 tank.

2 tanks for 3 dogs. 1 dog 1 tank, 2 dogs 1 tank.

You can't separate them any better on 25, not to mention your third tank isn't going to be a MT in the guild, so it's likely some offspec undergeared dps -_- Also, I would of KILLED to have one not be active. Do the fight without blue or red? GG.

Free kill? Get out of here.

Deleted
    Bashed our head against this one a bit last night, obiviously there is some RNG involved but nothing to bad imo. We had some steadyish progress getting further and further into the fight...

Something i'm not 100% sure about is the tiles... At the start we have all DPS take a "stack" and spread it out, after that we have two assigned ranged who bring the stacks up to ~70. When the tiles get cleared we repeat this proces. Biggest issue we're having is when someone who is "filling" tiles get's fire chained to someone who isn't exactly close... They both take alot more damage then needed and potentially die (not to mention the amount of people that panic and run into traps... laaaaawl....)