Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weapons for Warriors in MOP

Let's talk about (PvE) weapons. Is it me or does it seem extraordinarily hard to get an epic two-hander this time around? You're pretty much stuck with two options: LFR Elegon sword (which isn't even available yet,) or Normal Elegon sword. If it doesn't drop you're screwed. (I hear there's a sword in Mogu'shan Palace with like a 1% drop rate, but I've never seen anyone with it.)

In Cata we had four options right at the start. You had your Zin'Rokh from archeology, plus two out of Blackrock, and one in Bastion.

What gives? Have YOU gotten an upgrade?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair, the entire loot table from T11 was available right from the start whereas here we don't even have half of the T14 table up yet. However, yes your only choice as it stands now is the sword off Elegon unless you get extremely lucky in MSP. We did manage to get the 2h sword off our first Elegon kill last week and I'm pretty sure the other guild that downed him on our server got it too so it seems to have a decent drop rate.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purple is just a color. This is the same for every class right now. You'll be using blue-quality weapons for a while yet.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Purple is just a color. This is the same for every class right now. You'll be using blue-quality weapons for a while yet.
    Well to be fair, melee (and warriors in particular) are the most weapon-damage dependent classes. Upgrade every other slot and that blue weapon is still going to cause us to slip behind.

I feel especially bad for Titan Grip warriors, who will likely take several months to gear up and may fall behind other classes. I feel the addition of a 476 option from Blacksmithing would have been fair, since Inscribers can make a staff.
    Last edited by Accaris; 2012-10-10 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accaris View Post
    Well to be fair, melee (and warriors in particular) are the most weapon-damage dependent classes. Upgrade every other slot and that blue weapon is still going to cause us to slip behind.

I feel especially bad for Titan Grip warriors, who will likely take several months to gear up and may fall behind other classes. I feel the addition of a 476 option from Blacksmithing would have been fair, since Inscribers can make a staff.
    Now this I agree with. This is the 3rd expansion in a row where us blacksmiths are left in the dirt again. Blacksmithing, once again, feels completely lackluster.

Coincidentally, I'm a Titan's Grip fury warrior blacksmith. I do feel the pain.

Now this I agree with. This is the 3rd expansion in a row where us blacksmiths are left in the dirt again. Blacksmithing, once again, feels completely lackluster.

Coincidentally, I'm a Titan's Grip fury warrior blacksmith. I do feel the pain.
    Blizz didn't feel Blacksmiths needed something in Cata because of the Archeology sword, which was still really hard to get. But don't forget Wrath gave us that Titansteel Destroyer from smithing, which was so widespread and iconic that even web comic characters were using it. (In fact Wrath had a waterfall of weapons, 8 available right away... maybe too many!)

I understand they wanted gear to be harder to get in MOP but it doesn't feel balanced at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    there is a epic 2h thats a rare drop off one of the heroic bosses, also there are still 2 more raids for this tier not yet released as others have said

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz didn't feel Blacksmiths needed something in Cata because of the Archeology sword, which was still really hard to get. But don't forget Wrath gave us that Titansteel Destroyer from smithing, which was so widespread and iconic that even web comic characters were using it. (In fact Wrath had a waterfall of weapons, 8 available right away... maybe too many!)

I understand they wanted gear to be harder to get in MOP but it doesn't feel balanced at the moment.
    True, but I'm talking about something... well. I mean, sure, we get epic craftables with a metric shitton of not very easily aqcuired materials, as it should be, but..

Heck, jewelcrafters and scribes get dailies. Tailors get flying carpets. Engineers get pets and motorcycles. Leatherworkers get beachballs and wardrums. What do we get? Note that I'm not talking about the typical 'bop bonus' such as sockets, uber-gems or uber-enchants.

Smithies don't get anything cool. Not since Classic, anyway. I swear, one of these days I'm gonna smithe myself a steamtank. Then they'll see.

LFR Elegon is available next week, right? There you have it. I do wish I could've crafted an epic weapon as a BS, but I guess you can't have everything.

Smithies don't get anything cool. Not since Classic, anyway. I swear, one of these days I'm gonna smithe myself a steamtank. Then they'll see.
    My Lionheart Executioner disagrees with you.

True, but I'm talking about something... well. I mean, sure, we get epic craftables with a metric shitton of not very easily aqcuired materials, as it should be, but..

Heck, jewelcrafters and scribes get dailies. Tailors get flying carpets. Engineers get pets and motorcycles. Leatherworkers get beachballs and wardrums. What do we get? Note that I'm not talking about the typical 'bop bonus' such as sockets, uber-gems or uber-enchants.

Long gone are the times of Lionheart Executioner and it's fellow friends. I absolutely LOVED the evolving items. ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I was an armorsmith. And while evolving weapons were cool, yes, they werent much out of the ordinary when it came to smithing.

Not like a flying carpet when compared to a robe, anyway.

I'm just planning to run H-MP a bunch while drooling over Shin'ka until it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    I'm just planning to run H-MP a bunch while drooling over Shin'ka until it's available.
    Good luck... it has a lower drop rate than Rivendare's mount. 0.2%... I've run it at least once a day since dinging 90.

Quote Originally Posted by James twinli View Post
    PvE weapons are really cool. I have huge collection of its images. Very nice.
    Something tells me your account has been taken over by a spammer.
    Last edited by Accaris; 2012-10-11 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    2* twohanded strength weapon from 16 bosses sounds unreasonable, i guess there're more to come and not just yet datamined. Else most of us would be forced to pvp to get a worthwhile weapon...

http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...rs=1:3;crv=0:0

OR they implement some blacksmithing patterns later on

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    2* twohanded strength weapon from 16 bosses sounds unreasonable, i guess there're more to come and not just yet datamined. Else most of us would be forced to pvp to get a worthwhile weapon...

http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...rs=1:3;crv=0:0

OR they implement some blacksmithing patterns later on
    Unlike the rest of the PvP items in Season 12, the weapons factor in the PvP stats into the item's budget. So PvP weapons are essentially crappy for PvE and barely better than heroic blues (if better at all), thanks to the loss of 500+ secondary stat.

Deleted
    thanks to the loss of 500+ secondary stat.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=81577 vs http://www.wowhead.com/item=85112
    3285 dps + 1139 rating vs 4225 dps + 771 rating

-368 rating
    +940 dps (+2700 min & 4000 max damage)

Deleted
    Count yourself lucky, there is only 1 tanking shield throughout the 16 bosses and its item level is 489 which makes it worse than anything else that would have dropped in Heart of Fear or Terrace of Endless Springs.

Oh and by the way, the reason that there are very few weapons is because everyone will be using 'Sha Touched' weapons anyway because they are the only ones that will allow you to use the gem. Its pointless to add loads of 2h which are going to be completely overpowered within a few weeks.

staff takes 20 dailies to make and is bind on account - but yea, they could have done similar

10+ Year Old Account
    ... are hard to get. There I finished your thought for you. I feel as though there MUST have been some logic put in to make us chase the carrot longer. Meaning my off-spec is Fury and I have got numerous 463 2H weapons but 0 that would be ideal for my main tanking spec, 1h str from the 1st boss in SSB or the last boss of TOJS. At this point it's getting laughable because I saw both drops on my monk last night and have yet to see either in ~20-25 runs of each place on heroic with my warrior. Really Blizzard..... really?