Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    It's to distinguish their criticisms from the ones made by the "lolpandas are for kids" people who were going to hate MoP no matter what.
    I dunno, it reads like "please don't hurt me for saying something bad about MoP" to me.

  2. #62
    Brewmaster Marxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,425
    I think everything about the daily situation could be solved with 3 simple changes:
    1. Remove VP rewards from reputations. This was a stupid idea and needs to change immediately.
    2. Increase JP items to 463 so they aren't totally useless compared to heroic items, which are faster to obtain anyways.
    3. Remove the Golden Lotus rep requirement to start Shado Pan and August Celestials dailies. Gating is never fun, especially when it serves virtually no purpose.

    Thoughts?

  3. #63
    Dreadlord Rivyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's out house (Missouri)
    Posts
    946
    Did anyone bother to read GC's explination on dailies and reputations? He said in a very plain and understandable way that the new dailies and reputations are not a MUST to raid. They are an alternative to getting some items of equal value. IE Your necklace didnt drop in the raid? well you can go here and buy one. The rep grind to access the necklace is there to take the place of riad progression to rach the boss that would have but did not give you the item you want. The new factions are little more than an alternative to other choices. So take from it what you will..

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I dunno, it reads like "please don't hurt me for saying something bad about MoP" to me.
    Because it's so hard to find threads bashing on MoP on this board. Bashing MoP is a favorite pastime of a large number of people on this and every other MMO board.

    Anytime someone on a game board says "I love this game, but..." it's so they can legitimize their complaints and distinguish themselves from the people who don't even play the game and just hang out on the board to bash it.
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-10-11 at 05:26 PM.

  5. #65
    So the initial booooyaaaaa screams and high fives are starting to fade about MoP now? Good, in a a few months time or so I might finally get a balanced opinion about if MoP is worth buying or not and by that time the nerfbat has done it's damage as well. Just like I planned.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who dont.

  6. #66
    Dreadlord Rivyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's out house (Missouri)
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    So the initial booooyaaaaa screams and high fives are starting to fade about MoP now? Good, in a a few months time or so I might finally get a balanced opinion about if MoP is worth buying or not and by that time the nerfbat has done it's damage as well. Just like I planned.

    MoP is good, its not TBC/Wrath good but the player base would bitch tomuch if we went back to that model. There is some difficulty, about on par with the ice crown heroic dungeons they opened up with ICC raid. Alot fo factions and daialies to work on but those are optional unless you choose to make them mandatory for your self. Alot of neat little side things to do, pet battles are actually pretty entertaining, and the farm you can make is kind of fun as well. All in all it is at least an 8/10 so far. Once the first content patch comes out and we get to see how the war between alliance and horde will change pandaria I think it will get better still.

  7. #67
    <---Annoyed that JP/VP vendors require rep.

    "I still fail to see where the guy who forces you to daily grind at gunpoint comes in."

    That you intentionally ignore context and what people mean is your problem, please don't make it ours. You know damn well exactly what he's talking about. Agree or disagree with him all you want, but for fucks sake, EVERYONE knows there isn't someone putting a gun to your head making you grind (Unless you're a Chinese gold farmer in prison...). No one who says "Have" or "required" or any other such thing means it in the strictest literal sense.

  8. #68
    what i dont understand is why cant we grind rep with tabards in addtion to daily quests? I get it, blizz wants to back to the good ole tbc days or rep grind-fine, they want it fine. but to only get rep through dailys... allow me the choice to do dailys nonstop or heroics nonstop.

    I did my grind, i did the sky guard, the orgali ogres, the netherwing, I am not going down that path of gameplay again.

    Honestly id rather not have the jp be tied to rep but if blizz wants it then so be it, but at least allow us the option to tabard grind

  9. #69
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    11,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think everything about the daily situation could be solved with 3 simple changes:
    1. Remove VP rewards from reputations. This was a stupid idea and needs to change immediately.
    2. Increase JP items to 463 so they aren't totally useless compared to heroic items, which are faster to obtain anyways.
    3. Remove the Golden Lotus rep requirement to start Shado Pan and August Celestials dailies. Gating is never fun, especially when it serves virtually no purpose.

    Thoughts?
    This would be my favorite Expansion since TBC and would solve almost every issue I have with the game. Add in a healthy dose of PvP balance, because this is the worst it has ever been.

  10. #70
    They've already hotfixed it so JP items don't require rep anymore.

  11. #71
    oh noes, I have to do daily quests to be able to progress more further...
    what would this kiddies have whined back in the old days when you had to do long prequests for content??

    Oh, I forgot, that was better because you hadnt to do the same stuff a few times... *gasp*, oh dear, get over it.
    Since you have to "work" a little to get something done, I hope you will get used to it and spare us next time...

    seriously...

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by hubie View Post
    oh noes, I have to do daily quests to be able to progress more further...
    what would this kiddies have whined back in the old days when you had to do long prequests for content??

    Oh, I forgot, that was better because you hadnt to do the same stuff a few times... *gasp*, oh dear, get over it.
    Since you have to "work" a little to get something done, I hope you will get used to it and spare us next time...

    seriously...
    Prequests are great especially if they take place in part in dungeons, dailies are just plain shit and lazy design period.
    When in doubt, mumble...

  13. #73
    for me the big problem is the daillies, when u have so many daillies to do u dont have that much time to do heroics/lfr etc...
    It would have been much better if they did it like in cataclism, where u had the tabard to get the reputaiton u needed and some items from heroics plus valor points, and make a faction (the BIG faction) only with daillies, so there u have ur 3-4 faction with epic/etc like now via tabard reputation and the BIG faction with the best mount/gear via daily quest.
    Just like they did in cata, start with tabards and some daily quest, and the fire(the one that give the fire hipogrifth) daily that u can only get better via dailly quest.

    Just think about this, now that we have alot of daily quest, when they introduce the new patch (PTR NOW) with MORE dailly quest... this is just riduculous...

  14. #74
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    <---Annoyed that JP/VP vendors require rep.

    "I still fail to see where the guy who forces you to daily grind at gunpoint comes in."

    That you intentionally ignore context and what people mean is your problem, please don't make it ours. You know damn well exactly what he's talking about. Agree or disagree with him all you want, but for fucks sake, EVERYONE knows there isn't someone putting a gun to your head making you grind (Unless you're a Chinese gold farmer in prison...). No one who says "Have" or "required" or any other such thing means it in the strictest literal sense.
    I mean even the guy putting a gun to your head still leaves you a chioce. It's just that refusing him will lead to getting you shot and thus their really is no choice. Same thing with dailies. not doing them sucks because you loose out on a reward that's to good sooooo you do them. This was done on purpose though. They knew they had to make dailies as crazy attractive as possible, so crazy attractive that people would feel compelled otherwise few people would touch them. Dailies have historically had gold and cosmetic crap associated with them. It's such shitty situation to be put in.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 11:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think everything about the daily situation could be solved with 3 simple changes:
    1. Remove VP rewards from reputations. This was a stupid idea and needs to change immediately.
    2. Increase JP items to 463 so they aren't totally useless compared to heroic items, which are faster to obtain anyways.
    3. Remove the Golden Lotus rep requirement to start Shado Pan and August Celestials dailies. Gating is never fun, especially when it serves virtually no purpose.

    Thoughts?
    I would immediately resub for 3 months. After that point well if a new raid or dungeon is down the pipe line another 3. Potentially the above changes are worth at least 6 months of subscription out of me sooo if your reading this Blizzard and you actually give a shit
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-11 at 11:59 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  15. #75
    I hit 90 doing mostly only questing and was instantly geared enough for heroics and scenarios without doing a single daily.

    When 5.1 comes out, you will be able to use your valor to upgrade existing gear, again, without doing a single daily. I only do the dailies I like, and I will be geared for LFR without a single valor item.

    Also I got honored with several of the factions just by questing, getting to honored is not "hard work."

  16. #76
    These changes gave people something to do, stop fucking whining.

  17. #77
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    I hit 90 doing mostly only questing and was instantly geared enough for heroics and scenarios without doing a single daily.

    When 5.1 comes out, you will be able to use your valor to upgrade existing gear, again, without doing a single daily. I only do the dailies I like, and I will be geared for LFR without a single valor item.

    Also I got honored with several of the factions just by questing, getting to honored is not "hard work."
    Have we confirmed that this mechanism for upgrading won't be tied to rep or dailes? I haven't read anything about it. Furthermore it's still not good enough. Upgrading a piece of gear is nice but when I've had the same shoulders for a month (hypothetically) the real reward is in getting a new piece.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlan View Post
    Just think about this, now that we have alot of daily quest, when they introduce the new patch (PTR NOW) with MORE dailly quest... this is just riduculous...
    In 2 days I'll be revered with Klaxxi and stop doing their dailies. In a week or so I'll be revered with GL and won't bother doing their dailies after that. Don't have much to go before I'm done with Tillers. Will still do a few dailies for buddy rep. The new dailies in 5.1 sound more PvP oriented and nothing really vital to what I care about so I might skip those. Once I get revered with GL, I'll be running LFR for loot so no rush on the Shado-pan or August dailies. I'll do them for the coins, but won't stress about doing them every night. Maybe I'll start on Anglers and Cloud Serpents.

    So 3 weeks after I hit level 90, the dailies grind will taper off. By the time I get my alts to 90, a lot of the factions will grind twice as quickly.

    There are quite a few choices you can make with regards to which dailies you do and which you don't. Seems the people having the most issues are those that must have everything ASAP and can't make a decision to not do a particular faction because they can't stand missing some reward or other.

  19. #79
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    2,580
    I personally have no issue with grinds.

    However I can understand the fustration of wanting to get your character the best gear for entry raiding. The problem is that the raids are available almost immediately at the beginning of the expansion, but a lot of the pre raid gear takes weeks of reputation grinding to acquire it. That may not be an actual problem, but in the case you say "f@$k it" it makes the gear from reputations obselete.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 08:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    The new dailies in 5.1 sound more PvP oriented and nothing really vital to what I care about so I might skip those.
    But the rewards, friend. . .

  20. #80
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    There are quite a few choices you can make with regards to which dailies you do and which you don't. Seems the people having the most issues are those that must have everything ASAP and can't make a decision to not do a particular faction because they can't stand missing some reward or other.
    Yea I can't touch shado pan or august celestial until I'm revered with golden lotus. I have a problem with that decision.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •