Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    The only stuff you get at exaltes is mounts, tabards and maybe other cosmetic stuff anyways.
    I think noone is complaining about that. Its the rewards at lower levels, especially crafting patterns, that I feel forced to grind for. I am, however, after I did all this for leatherworking on my main, not going to do it for enchanting and tailoring on my main twink. Seems I am not a real crafter any more, and that is a shame, as I enjoyed crafting quite a bit.

Also, @OP concerning szenarios: Only the first one is 30, all following are 15. And I believe the first heroic is 60 and are following give 30 valor points. And I find heroics in general easier than szenarios. They are longer though.

Frankly it didnt make any sense to give us rep just because we were wearing a factions 'Jersey' in dungeons. If I wear a Falcons Jersey to the store to get my groceries it doesn't make the Atlanta Falcons like me any more. But if I go out and do things for the Falcons it makes sense that I would gain a reputation with them.

"Here is our Factions Jersey, wear it when you kill random stuff and we will like you better." or "We need you to go kill 10 of our enemies and collect food from the trees to feed our young. While you are there kill this warlord for us. Go shut down the beacons, we would think better of you if you do."

Makes sense to me.

It's weird, because I really like dailies. I prefer dailies over dungeons because a daily I can stop in the middle of playing to do something important, while dungeons leaving for even a second gets the other four people throwing fits for holding them up. I used to do the Argent Tourny all the time, even more then I was running heroics, just for the mounts, pets, and racial weapons. I felt Cataclysm sucked in the daily department, the only dailies that carried a unique long term reward (like a mount) was Ramakhan, and they had two dailies that gave barely any reputation. It didn't improve till they added the Molten Front.

The issue is dailies need to be very painless. Right now I don't really do Golden Lotus dailies because I find most of them have been a little painful and time consuming, and while the purples are nice I know I will more then likely be able to get those same purples later with less restrictions when they cycle down to JP. Thus I am holding off and doing Cloud Serpent, Anglers, Tillers, and sometimes Klaxxi. Serpent, Anglers and Tillers have been silly easy to level.

Once I finish off those factions I will likely only return to gain friendships with Tillers, saving me time at which point I will focus on Golden Lotus for the crane mounts and down the line unlocking AC and SPan for the cat mounts and remaining serpents.

I have more of a problem that certain factions gate other factions, ie you need a level of reputation with one faction before you can even think about getting reputation with another.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2012-10-10 at 04:12 PM.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I have more of a problem that certain factions gate other factions, ie you need a levle of honor with one faciton before you can even think about getting honor with another.
    I had honored with every faction except august and golden by time I was level 90. It took me 2 days to get honored with Golden. The game has been out 2 weeks, which means all of our observations are based on on a short term viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    The issue is dailies need to be very painless. Right now I don't really do Golden Lotus dailies because I find most of them have been a little painful and time consuming, and while the purples are nice I know I will more then likely be able to get those same purples later with less restrictions when they cycle down to JP. Thus I am holding off and doing Cloud Serpent, Anglers, Tillers, and sometimes Klaxxi. Serpent, Anglers and Tillers have been silly easy to level.
    I feel like this is a very sensible approach, and is certainly what I am planning for my alts. I'm trying to do the Golden Lotus dailies for my main just to make... other dailies less painful. Not sure if that's really the best approach over the long term, though (suffer now vs. be patient).

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    I feel like this is a very sensible approach, and is certainly what I am planning for my alts. I'm trying to do the Golden Lotus dailies for my main just to make... other dailies less painful. Not sure if that's really the best approach over the long term, though (suffer now vs. be patient).
    At the very least you should do Tillers. While it's not hard to do the dailies for it, it will take time to gather friendships unless you get a lot of gifts. At the very least keep rotating veggies at the farm, as each veggie gives 55 reputation at 90. It's not much, but considering it takes less then 2 minutes to pickup old veggies and plant new ones, I consider it free rep.

When it comes to reputation and alts, I am not touching any of them until the reputation changes go through, at which point the only one I will likely care about is tillers for the veggies and cloud serpent to get them in riding shape and save money going for the red and gold mounts.

The biggest thing is don't burn out. It can seem like you HAVE to do all the dailies, but you really don't. I am perfectly fine getting into heroics and LFR and I have yet to unlock any of the VP gear yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jav27msb07 View Post
    Lastly, it is frustrating when you have to deal with all of the above and then you see a guy passing over your head while you are doing dailies on his shiny, new cloud serpent mount.
    Actually, that's the one thing you list that doesn't frustrate me at all.

I played WoW in WotLK and Cata, I've enjoyed periods when I was very active, and I had a great time. At one point I raided 5-6 times per week, while getting pre-Cata Loremaster on top of that.

Been there, done that. Nowadays I just like to raid ~2 times per week, with somewhat challenging content - LFR doesn't count. And not too much fuss around it.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Enjoy the content, you certainly did not have it in Cata. It will all be worth it when you get past the first few critical daily grinds, my friends!
    Maybe I'm just too old, but if Blizzard wants to hide the good content behind a daily grind, then I'll let it remain hidden.

From what im seeing and hearing it seems the entire problem is the gating of dailies and gear. The people that are racing for server firsts in raids or are in competitive guilds that compete with other guilds on their server raid wise are not happy that they are being gated. The gating is done through dailies which is why they are mad at blizz for putting in so many dailies or w.e. But the issue isnt the dailies its the Gate. If blizzard didnt gate content those players would not complain.

Remember that Their was no content gating in cata other than the molten front. But this was ok because ppl who were raiding already had the gear to do firelands from doing the previous tier.

Blizz wants to gate their content because forum posters or the vocal minority complain that they consume content to fast. Soo blizzard gates it so that you dont and then you complain that now you cant consume content fast because their is a roadblock in the way. My suggestion, stop complaining that way blizz doesnt alter their game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I have more of a problem that certain factions gate other factions, ie you need a level of reputation with one faction before you can even think about getting reputation with another.
    This is my big problem with the dailies. For the people who want/need gear upgrades from shado-pan or august celestials, it's a ridiculous grind. Oh the fact that the newer enchants require you to do this grind. And after blizz made a big deal about telling us that we wouldn't NEED to do dailies. They know that people want upgrades, mounts, vanity items, so they gave us gated reputations because we don't have to do them......yet do them anyways
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

What ever happened to hitting max level then getting your guild together for raids right off. People act like they need top gear to be competitive. I guess we forget about the guild that did there raids in blue gear only. Those rep items are there for people who cannot raid and only log on to do some dailys, its there path to progressing their toons. Heroic is on its way to being cleared possibly this week.. Its impossible for me to think you cannot do a normal in level 89-90 leveling gear with consumables...

Did they actually change it so you cannot get a group together and zone into a heroic 5 man without a gear ilvl? If not why do people feel so gated by the automated systems?

I remember grinding reps in vanilla like winterspring, brood, and argent dawn. they required killing an absolute shit ton of mobs over the course of many weeks. some worse then others. Pick one make it a goal and get it done, do not focus on the complete system.

I hated doing dailies, I only did them for gold and support raiding or as a goal to get a cool mount like Tol Barad.
    Last edited by kennyisnotdead; 2012-10-10 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the I miss Cata begins lol....in all seriousness, I can understand the arguments, but, I love it, it's nice having content I can work at at my own pace that means something, especially since the faction grind (Outside of Ashen Verdict and Avengers of Hyjal) has been a joke. I do like how you ended your post OP.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

I'm having a great time no matter...something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    I'm having a great time no matter...something to do.
    This more then anything is where MoP succeeds. On the average day when I get home I can...

Works towards daily quests and reputations.
    Join a few quick and easy scenarios.
    Join a few heroic dungeons.
    PVP a bit in the new battlegrounds.
    Just relax and mess with my Tillers farm looking for gifts.
    Use Archaeology (omg it does not suck now!) to find pristine items to deck out my own little museum.
    Check out new items for transmog and build new sets, like my amazing Jewelist set I developed last week using new MoP items combined with a few old WOTLK and Cata items.
    Join a group to hunt down the Sha of Anger.

And starting this week, I can LFR too.

I have played every day since it released and have not gotten bored. I couldn't say the same for Cataclysm.

Are the Klaxxi considered to be related to the AQ20/40 bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Solomon View Post
    Are the Klaxxi considered to be related to the AQ20/40 bugs?
    All the insect races are technically related. The Mantid were another kingdom of the old Aqir Empire.

We've become spoiled on instant gratification, and how the hell can you QQ about rep taking too long to get to exalted and then sit there and qq that someone flew over your head with the shiny mount you wanted because he got exalted faster than you? Its too long for you and not long enough for them? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    ..Its too long for you and not long enough for them? O.o
    That is epic

Deleted
    Kinda interesting that people have started to write bolded disclaimers and faith statements when they post anything that might have even a drop of MoP criticism in them.

Quote Originally Posted by iblok View Post
    Kinda interesting that people have started to write bolded disclaimers and faith statements when they post anything that might have even a drop of MoP criticism in them.
    It's to distinguish their criticisms from the ones made by the "lolpandas are for kids" people who were going to hate MoP no matter what.