Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I've been 90 for 1 week, I am a casual. I am 2 days worth of dailys away from REVERED with Klaxxi, I am Revered with Cloud Seekers and I only found 2 bonus eggs, I am revered with Tillers. I maxed out my Valor for the week. I bought 1 piece of Justice gear that cost 2,200 points to get rid of my lowest ilevel green. I pulled down 5 heroic gear items. All this on 1 hour on every day of the week except for friday where I get 6 hours and monday where I got 2 hours. I pulled down 3 tokens to reroll gear rolls in raids +87 more lesser tokens as of last night.

So tell me again how this is too much work you or how Oogly says this is a scheme to string out current content. If this is a recipie to force me to play longer then its a shitty recipie. I spent longer in Cata getting gear than this expansion.
    Any day of the week you can spend 4+ hours helps a lot and disqualifies you from being casual.
    Last edited by yuca247; 2012-10-10 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 458 JP gear is useless but you don't have a 460 ilvl for LFR?

Personally,I don't mind it. I hate the dailies is about my biggest gripe. I miss the tabards. This all seems to be "I hate having to work for loot" complain more than anything. Towards the end of cata I constantly saw posts on 'I'm bored" now there's too much to do. I guess as far as my only complaint I read blue posts that say "people" have said they want this and that but you never see these posts. You only see the posts people saying they don't want "this or that". I just always get suspicious when anyone or anything starts throwing the notorious "they and them" (who are these people?)phrases with out showing it.

Now they're making giant changes to the rep system for alts, which I'm cool with but seems like such a massive change when either lowering the points needed for each rep or bringing back rep tabards would more than suffice with out having to change a bunch of stuff. Sometimes they strike me as the type of people that would rather run head first through a door instead of just turning the knob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    The idea of reputation grinding conflicts with their philosophies in another aspect, namely Talents. Why would you introduce a new talent system that gives "more choice" (I use "" as people can argue you have less talents to spent, but it can be seen as there is more than one optimal base build) and then take away elsewhere? If there's one thing people like, it's having some freedoms; not too many, mind you, because then they get lost, but freedoms enough so they don't feel pressured. Dailies never sat well with me, but that's half because the questing system became stale, save some funny/fun quests (still within the stale system, though).
    I'll share a tweet from ghost crawler because when I read it it frankly blew my fucking mind

Equal Rights 4 PvP ‏@Danbuster1
    @Ghostcrawler "Players who enjoy PvE shouldn’t feel forced to PvP to get the best gear, and vice versa." Where's the honor weapons then?
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
    3 Oct Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @Danbuster1 Weapons are so attractive, that every PvE player would buy an Honor weapon.

OF COURSE OF COURSE... it makes the dailies thing seem sooooooooooo transparent. It's soooooooo obvious whats going on here. They really added so much choice in every aspect to the game and then BAM in this one area it sticks out like a sore thumb. I mean pvp honor guy can't have a weapon but KLAXXI EXALTED can have a 463 GTFO BLIZZ...

Look rep tabards were perfect in cataclysm. Why? because it never felt like a grind and you were never really consciously aware of it. It was the smoothest possible way to make rep "grinding" fun and enjoyable. It became a bonus reward and allowed you to do whatever activities you felt were awesome. That's also why they could nerf the crap out of it and NOBODY WOULD CARE. Now if they nerf it the insane amount of qq from the virtual sweat of my brow crowd will be insane.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-11 at 12:18 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I maintain my opinion that WoW nowadays is far more grindy than it ever was in vanilla, but vanilla has the fame.
    Only real grind was the epic mount, that was... it.
    Farmed pots for raids, took 20-40m lol, nothing compared to dailies, dungeons, quests etc etc that exists nowadays

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you dislike having more things to do, MoP is not your expansion. You would probably more like Cata.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest gripe about dailies is that they're, well, daily. I have no problem with grinding, kind of enjoy it really. But on my terms, not Blizz's. I didn't want to feel forced to log in every damn day. I liked being able to take 8 hours free on the weekend to work on grinding one faction.

Hmm, lemme look in the dictionary... nope nothing about only playing 3.99 hours a day making you not a casual....

The entire definition of casual changes from person to person. You are welcome to hold the bar so high as to disqualify my casualness with any qualifier you deem necessary, frankly its opinion and I don't really care what you define as casual. I am married with children and I work a 40 hour job and I squeeze warcraft into my schedule around my family and work. Therefore I am casual and I don't really care how -you- quantify a casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogly View Post
    An insightful read on the problems with the game atm and also gives us insight in to Blizzards objective to string out the current content for as long as possible to try and hold on to those subs for the next qtr. I miss all my old friends in WoW and though i keep in touch with the ones who are still playing the game via other means I am personally glad that I no longer play the game if your post implies what I would have to look forward to.
    Hmmmm - gives us insight into op thoughts on what Blizz objectives are may be a little more accurate. I am sure if OP was a Blizz employee who knew what their plans are he would not be posting here tbh. The rest of it is his views his thoughts his ideas, nothing written in stone just his opinions only

I normally don't post on here, but I just had to say:
    Sir, well written and extremely intriguing. You pulled me into your tableau so quickly, and kept me very interested the entire read. Kudos go to you, well-versed Shakespeare, and may the odds be forever in your favor.
    Now, onto the content discussed, I agree with you on how difficult and time-consuming it is to get gear. Even a mount or two from the Order of the Cloud Serpents. But like you said at the end, it will all be worth it in the end.

The best rep system was in Burning Crusade. You must have rep to get heroic key. And you getting rep via doing dungeons, so when people completed rep to the key they were actually ready for Heroic...and heroic dungeons were actually heroic in Burning Crusade..and when we were collecting group for the heroic there were so very little chance to get no brainer with you..the groups were near almost excellent....currently you get no brainers 2-3 people each time you tagging to dungeon since no one now need to learn their class or learn abilities just AOE till the end.

Nice post OP. read it all and i tend to agree with you.

I hate hate HATE seeing all the QQ posting about rep grinds etc with this expansion.

People like to forget, its always hard work to grind rep when a new expansion drops, and it calms down after a while

Remember kiddies:

A: Not every man and his dog has figured out the best method to get rep quickly, give it time. you will too
    B: Blizzard usually ends up making it easier to gain rep once the expansion has been out for a certain amount of time

Yes the way we get rep has changed this expac, but all is not lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    It's to distinguish their criticisms from the ones made by the "lolpandas are for kids" people who were going to hate MoP no matter what.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

According to your logic, only the "hardcore fans" can provide legitime insight into the current expansion. That means that you would have been unable to distinguish his message from the outbursts you described if he posted the same exact message without the obligatory "Please don't attack me, I'm on your side!". That's even more interesting.

If the majority of the current 'dailies' were rebalanced as weeklies, I'd have no issues. The rewards would feel more substantial, and I'd be able to 'complete' all the factions without feeling like I needed to spend 2~ hours of my time each day or choose to let some go by the wayside.

I do NOT understand what they were thinking with scenarios. Sure, they're kinda... enjoyable... but the reward simply isnt there.

The heroics aren't too bad, but the way the dailies are right now, its hard to convince my guildies to break from their questing to do dungeons & raids... and I'm fearing its driving some of them away from the game entirely since they cant spend the amount of time to do dailies AND the stuff they used to do before MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian View Post
    I normally don't post on here, but I just had to say:
    Sir, well written and extremely intriguing. You pulled me into your tableau so quickly, and kept me very interested the entire read. Kudos go to you, well-versed Shakespeare, and may the odds be forever in your favor.
    Thanks! I appreciate the feedback!

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iblok View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

According to your logic, only the "hardcore fans" can provide legitime insight into the current expansion. That means that you would have been unable to distinguish his message from the outbursts you described if he posted the same exact message without the obligatory "Please don't attack me, I'm on your side!". That's even more interesting.
    I put the disclaimers at the top because most ppl read the title and the first sentence and then post a reply. My post is not about QQ'ing, its about saying, "Hey, I understand that this might look frustrating at first, but believe me, its not that bad! Take your time and enjoy it!". When I post something long like this and don't put a disclaimer, 90% of the posts are ppl that didn't read my original post and just make a quick irrational reply based on an immediate emotional response from the limited reading they did.
    Last edited by jav27msb07; 2012-10-11 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If you dislike having more things to do, MoP is not your expansion. You would probably more like Cata.
    I don't think anyone is complaining about more or less things to do.... did you read the posts even?
    it is about grinding, gating and such.... and let me say that having to do dailies every day, is not MORE to do. I call it repeating and repeating doesn't equal more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forced daily quests? Thats odd, Ive not done the dailys yet, and I was able to LFR last night just fine. Could someone explain to me why/when the definition of "Forced" was changed?

Quote Originally Posted by jav27msb07 View Post
    rocket surgeon.
    I'm just going to leave this here.

OT: I disagree, there are plenty of other things to do, you just have to look in the right place.

It takes a week to get to revered for Klaxxi, 2 weeks for exalted. It takes a week to get to revered with Cloud, 2 for exalted. You can get exalted with cloud in a single day if you can pull in enough onyx eggs. You can get exalted with tillers easily in a week if you pull in enough gifts. You can become honored with Wrathion in a week. How is 2 to 3 weeks of grinding rep for an hour a day too much work? You also get rep with factions for doing dungeons, but instead of 11 rep per trash they just toss 500-600 at you at the end of the heroic dungeon. Counting on the dungeon thats more than you would get in cata.

35 Justice per boss for shorter dungeons is more justice than 150 per cata dungeon completion. Toss on top of that 60/30 valor and heroic gear....

You are not forced to do anything you don't want too. Yes it may be more efficient and faster to do dailies and dungeons at the same time but if you want to get everything the fastest you can then you are going to have to do dailies and dungeons. If thats a deal breaker then you just don't reap the speed benefits.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    It's to distinguish their criticisms from the ones made by the "lolpandas are for kids" people who were going to hate MoP no matter what.
    I dunno, it reads like "please don't hurt me for saying something bad about MoP" to me.