Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Not getting this whole fury deal straight...

    So, I have abit of a problem here with the fury rotation and yeah, my overall dps. I have been in two raids in Moshugan Vaults and well, the experience has been kinda awful, since im kinda behind most dps:ers in dps, but not in gear.

    My dps can vary from 35k to 50k depending on different tries. Which is quite...weird.

    Heres my armory link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/jaedenar/Myggzie/simple
    Im trying to stack up crit atm since thats what Ive heard is the thing to go for as a TG fury Warrior.

    The thing is, it feels like as if Im still lacking crit cause i dont get that many enrage procs from BT or CS as I would want. And also Ive read around on different guides what the priority system really is for Fury TG warriors and everyone are stating different things.

    The one Im using now is

    1.Bloodthirst
    2.Colussus Smash (trying to weave in Heroic Leap with this since i have it glyphed)
    3.Raging Blow
    4.Dragons Roar
    5.Procced Wild Strike
    6.Unprocced Wildstrike (Using two of these in between Bloodthrist:s if i dont get enrage proc)
    7.Heroic Strike for dumping rage over 90 (Got the glyph for 120)
    8.Heroic Throw
    9.Battle Shout

    I also use Berserker Rage when i dont get enraged from BT or CS. Which is pretty much on cooldown since my BT/CS doesnt crit that often at all. Or yeah, its very random.

    Isnt using Heroic Leap a kind of a DPS loss? Atleast if the mob has got a small hitbox since it feels like the skill takes too much time to "lay out" so to say.

    I am currently farming HC:s for weapons to reroll SMF to try it out. Maybe it will be better at this gear level. No idea. Has anyone got any tips or pointers to why my dps is so god damn awful?

  2. #2
    Are you pooling rage for your colossus smashes? Also, personally I would gem for socket bonuses. Take a closer look at the fury guide, is my advice.

    Edit: I gave some bad advice, I should also look closer at the fury guide. That said, don't use wild strike (non procced) unless you're close to capping on rage, outside of CS at least.
    Last edited by Maxie; 2012-10-10 at 04:25 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by myggzie View Post
    So, I have abit of a problem here with the fury rotation and yeah, my overall dps. I have been in two raids in Moshugan Vaults and well, the experience has been kinda awful, since im kinda behind most dps:ers in dps, but not in gear.

    My dps can vary from 35k to 50k depending on different tries. Which is quite...weird.

    Heres my armory link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/jaedenar/Myggzie/simple
    Im trying to stack up crit atm since thats what Ive heard is the thing to go for as a TG fury Warrior.

    The thing is, it feels like as if Im still lacking crit cause i dont get that many enrage procs from BT or CS as I would want. And also Ive read around on different guides what the priority system really is for Fury TG warriors and everyone are stating different things.

    The one Im using now is

    1.Bloodthirst
    2.Colussus Smash (trying to weave in Heroic Leap with this since i have it glyphed)
    3.Raging Blow
    4.Dragons Roar
    5.Procced Wild Strike
    6.Unprocced Wildstrike (Using two of these in between Bloodthrist:s if i dont get enrage proc)
    7.Heroic Strike for dumping rage over 90 (Got the glyph for 120)
    8.Heroic Throw
    9.Battle Shout

    I also use Berserker Rage when i dont get enraged from BT or CS. Which is pretty much on cooldown since my BT/CS doesnt crit that often at all. Or yeah, its very random.

    Isnt using Heroic Leap a kind of a DPS loss? Atleast if the mob has got a small hitbox since it feels like the skill takes too much time to "lay out" so to say.

    I am currently farming HC:s for weapons to reroll SMF to try it out. Maybe it will be better at this gear level. No idea. Has anyone got any tips or pointers to why my dps is so god damn awful?
    Heroic Leap is like a 1% dps increase. If your having trouble weaving it in, skip it. Otherwise use when you have a free GCD I suppose...

    Your also an orc. Get axes and reforge some expertise to crit.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Are you pooling rage for your colossus smashes? Also, personally I would gem for socket bonuses. Take a closer look at the fury guide, is my advice.

    Edit: I gave some bad advice, I should also look closer at the fury guide. That said, don't use wild strike (non procced) unless you're close to capping on rage, outside of CS at least.
    Then what am I supposed to use when BT/CS doesnt proc for either wild strike or Raging Blow and Im under 90 rage? Is heroic Strike stronger then Wild Strike?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by myggzie View Post
    Then what am I supposed to use when BT/CS doesnt proc for either wild strike or Raging Blow and Im under 90 rage? Is heroic Strike stronger then Wild Strike?
    Battle Shout/Heroic throw. Uncertain of what you should do if those aren't available. Ask in fury thread.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Kezool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by myggzie View Post
    Then what am I supposed to use when BT/CS doesnt proc for either wild strike or Raging Blow and Im under 90 rage? Is heroic Strike stronger then Wild Strike?
    You want to pool as much Rage as is possible for the Colossus Smash window, that means that outside of Colossus Smash you will limit your rage spending to simply keeping you under the cap (120).

    If you have no procs during Colossus Smash it is fine to use 30 rage Wild strikes; the point is it burn all the pooled rage in the 6second window.
    Live in fear, for the bullsquirrel is near.

    The entire internet needs to be aware of this

  7. #7
    If you have downtime, consider picking up Impending Victory to fill in some globals.
    Modern Guild
    25 Man 11/14 Heroic
    Sean

  8. #8
    Thanks for all the great answers, I will try to consider these things and hopefully improve my dps. What is the optimum rotation during a CS? Do you pop your Berserker rage for that extra Raging blow during CS?

  9. #9
    18% crit is very low for fury, you may want to try arms in the meantime.

    It could also be an issue with your rage management/rotation, so I suggest trying a good priority addon to see if that helps you out.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    18% crit is very low for fury, you may want to try arms in the meantime.

    It could also be an issue with your rage management/rotation, so I suggest trying a good priority addon to see if that helps you out.
    Hey! Yes it is kind of low, i will try to work on that. In the meantime i will try SlamAndAwe thx!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    18% crit is very low for fury, you may want to try arms in the meantime.

    It could also be an issue with your rage management/rotation, so I suggest trying a good priority addon to see if that helps you out.
    What isn't low crit then? I'm sitting on just below 22% atm.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral HavelTheRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    What isn't low crit then? I'm sitting on just below 22% atm.
    Unbuffed? How? I'm sitting on about 15% as TG and less as SMF/Arms, where are you getting all your crit from?

  13. #13
    first of all never use ur Dragon Roar after CS, use it before, since it always ignores armor and is a 100% crit so ur wasting 1-2 seconds on ur colossus smash, go like BT > DR > CS etc

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire lordzed83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK Nottingham
    Posts
    497
    First of all you got one of worst gemming i have seen in ages.... Not gemming head for 180str bonus is big WTF.....
    But i do get dps spikes myself when i do 50+ usually i can drop to 30.
    BTW i am at 21% crit unbuffed myself with 2x450 left on my char :P
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    Unbuffed? How? I'm sitting on about 15% as TG and less as SMF/Arms, where are you getting all your crit from?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ricatus/simple

  16. #16
    wqdwqdqfew fwe

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    Unbuffed? How? I'm sitting on about 15% as TG and less as SMF/Arms, where are you getting all your crit from?
    Why would you buy the VP neck and not the ring + PvP neck combo?
    They are probably both BiS (Not sure about heroic raid gear) for the content available right now, whereas the VP neck is utter shit.
    You are also gemming for PvP resilience socket bonus.
    Last edited by turskanaattori; 2012-10-11 at 10:50 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    18% crit is very low for fury, you may want to try arms in the meantime.

    It could also be an issue with your rage management/rotation, so I suggest trying a good priority addon to see if that helps you out.
    18% crit isnt low. Max crit in BiS gear is about 23-25% so his crit is good if you ask me. BT has 2x the crit so he is on 36% which is great

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by myggzie View Post
    I am currently farming HC:s for weapons to reroll SMF to try it out. Maybe it will be better at this gear level. No idea. Has anyone got any tips or pointers to why my dps is so god damn awful?
    Get two of the 1H axes from the last boss of Stormstout Brewery and get back in there, tiger.

  20. #20
    Maybe you should give a try to Arms though, it seems more consistent. I know Simcraft shows Fury SM better than TG/Arms, but the calculations are done for a T14-hc geared toon, which isn't the case yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •