Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Magic damage is just something that we have to just deal with. If you think you can handle it, maybe try saving Guard for when he starts using the shadow damage to help out.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I took Diffuse Magic for that fight, seemed to help me a lot more with that very same shadow damage.

In my world of logs I'm trying to figure out how much uptime I have on shuffle, guard and all that stuff. Would anyone mind helping me out with a few things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felspark View Post
    In my world of logs I'm trying to figure out how much uptime I have on shuffle, guard and all that stuff. Would anyone mind helping me out with a few things?
    Pull up yourself as a player from the drop down (narrow down which fight first if you care to look at a specific kill/wipe) and look at the Buffs Gained tab. Shuffle, Guard, and Power Guard are all there.

As an example since he posted it anyways: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7927&e=8316
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I'm trying to figure out why my monk is taking so much damage from the 3rd boss in MP. His shadow damage totally messes me up, and I know I've been called squishy a few times. I constantly try to have my active mitigation skills up and I got a few addons to help me manage but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I have my world of logs and my armory, but I'd like to have this conversation in PM's. I'd really appreciate some advice.
    25% armor and fewer defensive CDs than everyone else

monks strength is avoiding damage and when you can't avoid it, you're getting hit like a rogue. taking a 200,000 hit on a few MV bosses isn't uncommon and there isn't a lot you can do about it right now. a lot of monks are having to hop on their warriors or dks to get bosses down and it's not a l2p issue.

at some point you'll see monks be worse at avoid magic or physical damage but get better at the other. right now they're in a horrible place as far as wow goes, right in between. wow punishes everything that is "in between" like that.

On the best attempts we had on him, my shuffle was around 50 % and my powerguard was around 80% I'm assuming I'm not using blackout kick enough when it's ready. My Elusive Brew had an uptime of 74% but I'm assuming I'm not using it right either. When pulling I get the powerguard up, blackout kick, and zen sphere. I only purify brew when I'm at moderate damage, I elusive brew 9 stacks, sometimes I'll wait for 15.

I got monktimers so I could monitor when I'd need to BK but apparently it's not cutting it. Do you guys know of an addon that will let me know when I need to use these skills so I can increase my uptime? There are a lot of things I have to handle since I'm the main tank at the moment in a raid with people that are totally new to these fights. Learning the mechanics and calling things out while eyeing the tiny buff on my window is a pain in the ass.

On the best attempts we had on him, my shuffle was around 50 % and my powerguard was around 80% I'm assuming I'm not using blackout kick enough when it's ready. My Elusive Brew had an uptime of 74% but I'm assuming I'm not using it right either. When pulling I get the powerguard up, blackout kick, and zen sphere. I only purify brew when I'm at moderate damage, I elusive brew 9 stacks, sometimes I'll wait for 15.

I got monktimers so I could monitor when I'd need to BK but apparently it's not cutting it. Do you guys know of an addon that will let me know when I need to use these skills so I can increase my uptime? There are a lot of things I have to handle since I'm the main tank at the moment in a raid with people that are totally new to these fights. Learning the mechanics and calling things out while eyeing the tiny buff on my window is a pain in the ass.
    50% shuffle uptime is WAY too low. You should try to maintain atleast 80%.
    How is your stagger coming along? When are you useing purifying brew?
    Are you using guard every time it is up?
    Are you collecting GotO orbs?
    Do you have a mistweaver healer? If so, pick up his orbs from his mastery.

*shrug* Reforge-lite had me reforge damn near every piece to expertise, and as a result stone dog heroic I was taking the least amount of damage of our three tanks. I'm also WW main spec, so that should tell you something. Lionjein of Suramar if you want to armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeagle View Post
    50% shuffle uptime is WAY too low. You should try to maintain atleast 80%.
    How is your stagger coming along? When are you useing purifying brew?
    Are you using guard every time it is up?
    Are you collecting GotO orbs?
    Do you have a mistweaver healer? If so, pick up his orbs from his mastery.
    I'm using PB when I have moderate damage. Sometimes I'll use it with light stagger, somewhat mindlessly once in a while.
    I'm using power guard whenever I can, around 80%
    I'm probably not collecting as many orbs as I should.
    No mistweaver heals.

On the shuffle note. BK and Jade wind are the only way to get this buff as I know it, is that accurate?
    Even when it is my turn to tank the 3rd boss after the other tank hops into the spirit world, BK, Powerguard, and EB still don't help the kind of damage I'm taking. I switched to diffuse magic and I'm still almost getting blown up. It's really frustrating. On top of that, the healer I had was a paladin so I'm not sure if that was an issue either.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Elusive Brew had an uptime of 74% but I'm assuming I'm not using it right either.
    This may not be your PB uptime. The logs try and trick you and list PB twice, the top entry should be the actual stacks and there will be one listed farther down the list that shows your # uses + actual uptime.

Make sure you are looking over the one that lists the +dodge % bonus in the tool tip.

I highly recommend digging into the Weak Aura's thread and trying out some strings listed there. I don't think I could play the class without it (no I don't use Monk Timers).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

So I got Weak Auras and this site http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/201...er-weak-auras/

What the hell do I do with those lines of text??? I've never used the addon before lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    [/URL]

Thanks, I think I figured it out, Import ftw.