Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Of course men are more complicated than that, but for normal, every day interaction that will cover about 90% of it!
    I must be a rare ass breed or some shit lol!

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    As long as you're open to communication, most women shouldn't be an issue to get along with. The ones that are, are probably the drama-y kind that you don't want anything to do with anyway. Keep in mind that women don't want to feel like they're just babysitting an adolescent in a man's body. Also, how bad a lot of guys can be at communicating their emotions doesn't do us any favours.
    Good stuff, good stuff. Maturity is a breath of fresh air, truly, for both people. And men can be bad at conveying emotions. Good stuff.

Another problem that I think that some men have, and women too, is the whole shyness thing, some times it gets you and it ruins the moment, specially if you're speaking to the woman you like. *.*

Because most of us are guys.

I also think that many of us did not grow up with father figures (or one that was worth half a crap), and many girls grow up with their mothers, so they get behind the philosophy of there being "plenty of fish in the sea" a lot more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Another problem that I think that some men have, and women too, is the whole shyness thing, some times it gets you and it ruins the moment, specially if you're speaking to the woman you like. *.*
    Oh man I am super bad at this. Except not really shyness, but something like it. I'm comfortable being alone, so when the first prospect of "Hey she might reject you" pops up, I just say eff it lol!

But now that I'm going to be 30, it's time to cut the crap I think.

QFT shyness has ruined my life, well not really but it's one of the main factors that ruined my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Because most of us are guys.

I also think that many of us did not grow up with father figures (or one that was worth half a crap), and many girls grow up with their mothers, so they get behind the philosophy of there being "plenty of fish in the sea" a lot more easily.
    I don't have a father figure, my mom raised my all alone even though he was present, but I tried to learn stuff by my own, that a father should teach his kid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Oh man I am super bad at this. Except not really shyness, but something like it. I'm comfortable being alone, so when the first prospect of "Hey she might reject you" pops up, I just say eff it lol!

But now that I'm going to be 30, it's time to cut the crap I think.
    I'm a bit like that, it depends really. If I enjoy a certain girl, sure, I'll enjoy talking to her, a lot!!! The problem is, if it's just some random girl I don't know, I think I might get bored or maybe even nervous, and that may appear to be shyness by her and she might think something, I don't know, it's all weird because I haven't experienced this yet so yeah. :/

I don't have a father figure, my mom raised my all alone even though he was present, but I tried to learn stuff by my own, that a father should teach his kid...
    Same here. My father wasn't happy to be a father, and took off when I was ten. Thank god I learned how to be a man.

I'm a bit like that, it depends really. If I enjoy a certain girl, sure, I'll enjoy talking to her, a lot!!! The problem is, if it's just some random girl I don't know, I think I might get bored or maybe even nervous, and that may appear to be shyness by her and she might think something, I don't know, it's all weird because I haven't experienced this yet so yeah. :/
    I could talk to the nicest, most attractive girl in the office, and it's completely cool and easy. It's only when it turns into a "Hey she might be interested in getting closer" type of thing that I get uncomfortable. That's a ripe opportunity to get hurt, and I've had enough of that. Just got to play it smart I suppose, I'm getting too old to worry about that (All you 40 and 50 somethings lay off me!)

Same here. My father wasn't happy to be a father, and took off when I was ten. Thank god I learned how to be a man.
    Mine didn't ran off, he just sits all day in the sofa, it's kinda painful.
    I could talk to the nicest, most attractive girl in the office, and it's completely cool and easy. It's only when it turns into a "Hey she might be interested in getting closer" type of thing that I get uncomfortable. That's a ripe opportunity to get hurt, and I've had enough of that. Just got to play it smart I suppose, I'm getting too old to worry about that (All you 40 and 50 somethings lay off me!)
    Yeah, I think it's that exact thing that also happens with me.

I remember when there was this girl friend I had, she wasn't from my class, we pretty much talked every day and it was fun. She texted me a lot too, I was okay with it, but the moment she sent me a message saying "I got a thing for you" I totally freaked out!! Weird!! But I freaked out so hard, my god, it was so weird because that never happened to me before.

When I got to school we talked about it and she said it was a joke, but I was still shaken by it, and we stopped talking because I didn't want anything with her, and since she said it was a joke, well, let's just say I wouldn't know for sure, and I didn't want to risk and make things worst, it would be just plain awkward, for both of us.

And yeah it's true, if I talk to a woman it's totally cool to me, fat, ugly, slim, beautiful wtv, I don't put in my mind what I want from her except talk, but the moment I know that they want more than just talk, that's when I probably get very nervous. :s

*Sigh*

Gender roles, sexism, old stereotypes, this thread has it all. Makes me so sad. Evolve already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    *Sigh*

Gender roles, sexism, old stereotypes, this thread has it all. Makes me so sad. Evolve already?
    Everyone has their opinion, nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't shove it up someone's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I dunno. Over half of the girls I've gone out with over the last couple years asked me out, or at least gave me their numbers unprompted. And I'm not even super good looking or anything.
    I have to admit I've experienced this as well. Some girls do actually make the first move, though it's true society seems to expect the opposite.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    [video snip[/video]
    I wish more people were aware that this video describes the majority of humans. I like things that draw back the veil of fantasy and just shows us for who we really are.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-10-11 at 10:42 PM.

Mine didn't ran off, he just sits all day in the sofa, it's kinda painful.

Yeah, I think it's that exact thing that also happens with me.

I remember when there was this girl friend I had, she wasn't from my class, we pretty much talked every day and it was fun. She texted me a lot too, I was okay with it, but the moment she sent me a message saying "I got a thing for you" I totally freaked out!! Weird!! But I freaked out so hard, my god, it was so weird because that never happened to me before.

When I got to school we talked about it and she said it was a joke, but I was still shaken by it, and we stopped talking because I didn't want anything with her, and since she said it was a joke, well, let's just say I wouldn't know for sure, and I didn't want to risk and make things worst, it would be just plain awkward, for both of us.

And yeah it's true, if I talk to a woman it's totally cool to me, fat, ugly, slim, beautiful wtv, I don't put in my mind what I want from her except talk, but the moment I know that they want more than just talk, that's when I probably get very nervous. :s
    Definitely sounds like we're similar. It's crazy how complicated the human species can be!

Definitely sounds like we're similar. It's crazy how complicated the human species can be!
    Indeed it is weird.

But I guess that's what makes us so fascinating, no? I mean, I think I'd rather be weird, or be with someone weird, than with someone that isn't very unique, with his/her own beliefs, convictions, tastes, etc, that's what makes us unique and fascinating. We look very similar, but we are so different and that's so hard to see since so many people only look to the outside view. Hell I don't even know myself well so yeah. Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I wish more people were aware that this is how most people are. I like things that draw back the veil of fantasy and just shows us for who we really are.
    Yeah but sometimes people change. People say over and over that men are pigs and don't give a fuck and women are neurotic, but those are the worst case scenarios, taking the worst of people. Yes those things happen, but it almost has a connotation of stagnation when people speak this way, when the truth is people change for the better every day.

Yeah but sometimes people change. People say over and over that men are pigs and don't give a fuck and women are neurotic, but those are the worst case scenarios, taking the worst of people. Yes those things happen, but it almost has a connotation of stagnation when people speak this way, when the truth is people change for the better every day.
    Oh I totally agree. I hate it when people try to stuff all of humanity in a few distinct boxes. I don't even buy into the idea that most men are pigs, or that most women are neurotic. I fully believe people can and do change.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Oh I totally agree. I hate it when people try to stuff all of humanity in a few distinct boxes. I don't even buy into the idea that most men are pigs, or that most women are neurotic. I fully believe people can and do change.
    exactly right! its why i dont give up and try any oppurtunity, im still scared of rejection, but the fear of not trying is greater
    I see Stupid people!