Restoration Druid's 1 shot macro...Should this even be possible?

What do you guys think? I personally think that healers shouldn't be able to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously.. Heart of the Wild, 6 min CD, 45 second duration. I personally think that healers should do about as much damage as a dps IF they concentrate 100% on damage. This talent allows resto to concentrate 100% on damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Seriously.. Heart of the Wild, 6 min CD, 45 second duration. I personally think that healers should do about as much damage as a dps IF they concentrate 100% on damage. This talent allows resto to concentrate 100% on damage.
    not sure if stupid or trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    not sure if stupid or trolling
    They can't REALLY nerf it in any way or the whole point of it (DPSing during low healing, picking up the boss on a tank death or something) would be ruined.

6 min CD is the way this talent is balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    They can't REALLY nerf it in any way or the whole point of it (DPSing during low healing, picking up the boss on a tank death or something) would be ruined.

6 min CD is the way this talent is balanced.
    3min CD, 100% of dmg done,armor etc... not 200% like its now, problem solved.
    lol

i think this is one clever bloke whos enjoying his time!

The problem I have is... doesn't arena still prevent you from using CDs over 5 minutes? So how is an ability that can't be used in arenas going to give you "insane burst in arenas"?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously hotted, that was in our rbg group... I wondered why you said you killed him, I thought you like moonfired him.

Just got hit in arena as a Holy Priest for 151k from a restoration druid.

[/COLOR]They can nerf it in any number of ways. 6min CD or not but the ability is OP for arenas.
    Last edited by Karetsaa; 2012-10-07 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    Seriously hotted, that was in our rbg group... I wondered why you said you killed him, I thought you like moonfired him.
    hahahah, yep got the KB!

10+ Year Old Account
    Reports are coming in that HoTW has been nerfed. But I'm too lazy to confirm. The numbers being tossed around are a reduction of about 1/3 in damage.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    So should dps be able to heal as much as healers if they concentrate 100% on healing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgakitty View Post
    So should dps be able to heal as much as healers if they concentrate 100% on healing?
    With heart of the wild active? Yea, that's sort of the point.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

This can't happen anymore. This was nerfed this morning via a stealth hotfix for HOTW for a 30% damage reduction.

Not a 1-shot if you are able to build up to 5 combo points, then use a finisher

Hi gyus, looks like reporting my post dont save ur talent before balancing proccess. If u still didnt get it that talent was and maybe still is OP.
    Reporting on mmo-champ dont help you vs balancing game, no matter how hard u try.
    Long time druid know that just those fotm rerollers cry and defend.

10+ Year Old Account
    112k crit is no OP, it used to crit for 250k easy, that was OP, was nerfed since then
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by hottedlol View Post
    What do you guys think? I personally think that healers shouldn't be able to do this.
    Healers arent capable of doing that.
    He cant open on a target like he shows in this duel, because in this duel he has alredy stacked up 5 combo points on his target which he doesnt show in the clip. (which does take quite a lengthy time as resto)

It is a 6min cd, lasts 45 secs, while hes in cat form he cant heal so it makes it easy to focus him down and also makes it quite obvious when hes about to do this.
    The only ability that will hit significantly hard is Ferocious bite which will cost him 5 combo points and 70 energy which will take 5 years to build up for a resto druid.
    If you let a resto druid sit on you that long in cat form without killing him then you should uninstall asap.

Even with all those negative sides its still only 100-150k damage on a decent target IF IT CRITS, most restos dont have a whole lot of crit chance so most of the time it will be a hit for 50-70k damage, which isnt that much when you have around 350k health.

Seams to me like a pretty bad talent for restos, since it takes too long to build up, is easily counterable and if u dont get a crit then the damage is very insignificant.

While that is high damage for a healer, my warlock lvl86 has chaos bolt crits for 109k - so it is not all that high overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH every healer can probably do just as much dmg by casting spells (smite, holy fire etc) in the time it takes a resto druid to build up to execute FB. yes its bursty and can win you games at the right time, but if your partners not peeling for you and letting resto druids do this to you in 1v1 guess what NOONE out there cares about 1v1, even in a BG.

This ability is good for 2v2 if you play healer+dps and come across healer+dps team, good luck using this in 3v3 or vs double dps teams, nuff said.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø