Thread: Macros

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Macros

Someone hook me up with some good macros for Aff/Destro?

Many hugs will be given?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead][noexists]
    /cast [mod] Fire and Brimstone
    /castsequence [nomod] Immolate, Curse of the Elements; Immolate

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Curse of the Elements; Conflagrate

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Fire and Brimstone
    /cast Incinerate

#showtooltip [mod] Dark Soul; Chaos Bolt
    /cast [mod] Lifeblood
    /cast [mod] 13
    /cast [mod] 14
    /cast [mod] Dark Soul
    /cast Chaos Bolt

#showtooltip
    /cast Havoc
    /targetenemy

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 04:45 PM ----------

i don't have any for Aff, sorry.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-10 at 09:13 PM.

#showtooltip
    /cast Dark Intent
    /cast [flyable] Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher; [nocombat, harm] Travel Form; Swift Zulian Tiger
    /dismount [mounted]

Essentially, casts my Flying mount if i can fly, tiger mount if i can only mount a ground mount, it also, ALWAYS refreshes dark intent, and since its off the GCD it doesnt effect mount casting. Just change your mount names as u wish.

(its an adapted druid macro, which i think is why ''Travel Form'' is in their. but meh, it works.

sometimes when im destro i use ..

/cast Havoc
    /targetlasttarget

so u tab to your cleave target, push the button, it casts havoc on the current target, and takes you straight back to the original target.

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Felguard] Felstorm; [pet:Voidwalker] Disarm; [pet:Imp] Cauterize Master; [pet:Felhunter] Spell Lock; [pet:Succubus] Whiplash

#showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Felguard] Axe Toss; [pet:Voidwalker] Shadow Bulwark; [pet:Imp] Singe Magic; [pet:Felhunter] Devour Magic; [pet:Succubus] Seduction

#showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Wrathguard] Wrathstorm; [pet:Voidlord] Disarm; [pet:Fel Imp] Cauterize Master; [pet:Observer] Optical Blast; [pet:Shivarra] Fellash

#showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Wrathguard] Axe Toss; [pet:Voidlord] Shadow Bulwark; [pet:Fel Imp] Sear Magic; [pet:Observer] Clone Magic; [pet:Shivarra] Mesmerize

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 05:09 PM ----------

my movement macro is

#showtooltip
    /dismount [mounted]
    /cancelaura [nomod] Burning Rush
    /cast [mod] Burning Rush; [combat][indoors] Darkflight; [noflyable] Felsteed; Ebon Gyphon
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-10 at 09:12 PM.

Is there a way to get a macro for the level 90 talents, so that it shows the active talent instead of me dragging and dropping them onto my action bar every time I change?

Is a nochanneling macro for malefic grasp a dps increase? I was told about it and tried it out and there was a slight delay at the end so I'm wondering if it's something I should be using or not.

Is there a way to get a macro for the level 90 talents, so that it shows the active talent instead of me dragging and dropping them onto my action bar every time I change?
    Not by default no. I use the addon infMopTalentMacros to fix this.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntMacroes.html

Basically how it works is you make a macro named Tier_X (replace X with the number of the tier you want). Just leave the macro blank and drag it on your bars. What the addon will do is everytime you change a talent in that tier it will just rewrite the macro to use that spell. You do need to do a swap to get it to start so don't panic if it starts out as the question mark.

So in your case with the tier 6 talents you would make a macro named Tier_6 and put it where you want it. Swap the talent to get it working then swap it to which one you want. After that anytime you change a talent in that tier it will automatically swap the spell for you (icon included).

Deleted
    Slapped together this one based on my talent choices yesterday. I aptly named it OHSHI.

Code:
    #showtooltip Healthstone
    /use [button:2] Create Healthstone
    /stopmacro [button:2]
    /use Shadow Bulwark
    /use Dark Regeneration
    /use Healthstone
    Right click creates a healthstone, left click (or hotkey) gives me 30% of my health back (for 20 seconds) plus 30% more over 12 seconds, plus another 20% from the healthstone, all before increased healing from things such as Dark Regeneration itself and the passive Fel Armor.

You could even slap a healing potion on the end there if you'd like. :P

This macro, of course, assumes I have chosen Dark Regeneration and Grimoire of Sacrifice in my talents section, and that I sacrifice my Voidwalker.

Another benefit is that all items on it have a two-minute cooldown, so when the icon says Healthstone's ready, they all are.

Hmm... wonder if I could end it with /cast Mortal Coil. This needs to be tested after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Not by default no. I use the addon infMopTalentMacros to fix this.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntMacroes.html

Basically how it works is you make a macro named Tier_X (replace X with the number of the tier you want). Just leave the macro blank and drag it on your bars. What the addon will do is everytime you change a talent in that tier it will just rewrite the macro to use that spell. You do need to do a swap to get it to start so don't panic if it starts out as the question mark.

So in your case with the tier 6 talents you would make a macro named Tier_6 and put it where you want it. Swap the talent to get it working then swap it to which one you want. After that anytime you change a talent in that tier it will automatically swap the spell for you (icon included).
    Ah nice, thank you very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip Singe Magic
    /cast [pet:fel imp]Sear Magic;[pet:imp,@mouseover,help][pet:imp,@focus,mod:shift][pet:imp,@player]Singe Magic;[@mouseover,exists,nodead][@focus,mod:shift][@player]Command Demon

this is a mouse over macro for singe magic, that works when you have gosac, or not. works for both. works for sear magic also, with fel imp, though it just gives you the targeting reticule, so you'll still have to click the ground or w/e.

it's tied to command demon, so it works for both. it could also probably be modified for other gosac abilities tied to command demon.
    Last edited by helheim; 2012-10-11 at 11:23 AM. Reason: pasted wrong macro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    #showtooltip Singe Magic
    /cast [pet:fel imp]Sear Magic;[pet:imp,@mouseover,help][pet:imp,@focus,mod:shift][pet:imp,@player]Singe Magic;[@mouseover,exists,nodead][@focus,mod:shift][@player]Command Demon

this is a mouse over macro for singe magic, that works when you have gosac, or not. works for both. works for sear magic also, with fel imp, though it just gives you the targeting reticule, so you'll still have to click the ground or w/e.

it's tied to command demon, so it works for both. it could also probably be modified for other gosac abilities tied to command demon.
    That is a great macro, i may have to adapt for myself.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 09:56 AM ----------

This I generally use for Observer/Felhunter/Sacrifice Felhunter for the interrupt.

#showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Observer, @focus, harm][pet:Observer] Optical Blast; [pet:Felhunter, @focus, harm][pet:Felhunter] Spell Lock; [nopet, @focus, harm][nopet] Command Demon

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    im trying to make a macro that will use dark regeneration, healthstone and shadow bulwark if i have my voidwalker sac'd. can anyone help? i cant get it to work

I think macros involving the special Sac abilities just have to be written as /cast Command Demon. Don't quote me on that though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    I think macros involving the special Sac abilities just have to be written as /cast Command Demon. Don't quote me on that though.
    i was hoping that wasnt the case. dont wanna waste an interrupt if i sac felpuppy for example :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    im trying to make a macro that will use dark regeneration, healthstone and shadow bulwark if i have my voidwalker sac'd. can anyone help? i cant get it to work
    This was working for me on live currently
    Code:
    #showtooltip Healthstone
    /use Healthstone
    /cast Dark Regeneration
    /cast Command Demon

My current Affliction macros:

DS + Pre-pot on pulls
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Dark Soul: Misery
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent

Mouseover Soul Swap so you don't have to change targets to apply new dots or refresh existing ones
    Code:
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Soul Swap

You can also change it to
    Code:
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Soul Swap
    if you want to instantly apply the dots without needing another keybind to be pressed to activate Soulburn. I personally don't run it this way as I don't want to accidentally pull off all of my dots if I don't have a shard.

Other than these I mostly only have DS macro'd into Agony, Drain Soul, Haunt, and MG.

For Destro I mostly use
    Code:
    /focus [@mouseover]
    To assign my focus for havocs on a mouseover so I don't have to switch targets. Also clicking this mouseover again without having anything targeted will also clear your focus. I then use
    Code:
    #showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [@focus] Havoc
    you could change the havoc macro to also work off of mouseovers if you don't like focuses or if you need to have a certain target focused for a fight.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the help, i already have all the pve ones though i just started pvping though so wanted a awsome self heals macro. guess ill just have to delete the command demon line when i sac something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Slapped together this one based on my talent choices yesterday. I aptly named it OHSHI.

Code:
    #showtooltip Healthstone
    /use [button:2] Create Healthstone
    /stopmacro [button:2]
    /use Shadow Bulwark
    /use Dark Regeneration
    /use Healthstone
    Right click creates a healthstone, left click (or hotkey) gives me 30% of my health back (for 20 seconds) plus 30% more over 12 seconds, plus another 20% from the healthstone, all before increased healing from things such as Dark Regeneration itself and the passive Fel Armor.
    That one is a waste IMO. I can't think of a single situation where this one would be neccessary. It's only good if you're not interested in using your CDs in the most useful way, or simply can't manage to do so.
    Combining Dark Reg/H.stone in one macro is a good idea, but Shadow Bulwark shouldn't be in there. More useful combinations are:
    Dark Reg/Hstone: If you've dropped low or want to counterheal incoming damage
    Unending Resolve/Shadow Bulwark:If you want to prevent high incoming damage
    Dark Bargain/Twilight Ward Use Dark Bargain as a life saver and pop Twilight Ward to absorb a significant part of the dot dmg that DB leaves on you

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    That one is a waste IMO. I can't think of a single situation where this one would be neccessary. It's only good if you're not interested in using your CDs in the most useful way, or simply can't manage to do so.
    Combining Dark Reg/H.stone in one macro is a good idea, but Shadow Bulwark shouldn't be in there. More useful combinations are:
    Dark Reg/Hstone: If you've dropped low or want to counterheal incoming damage
    Unending Resolve/Shadow Bulwark:If you want to prevent high incoming damage
    Dark Bargain/Twilight Ward Use Dark Bargain as a life saver and pop Twilight Ward to absorb a significant part of the dot dmg that DB leaves on you
    but how do yo use shadow bulwark in a macro? a simple /use (or /cast) shadow bulwark doesnt work when your using sac

It could be /cast command demon since Shadowbulwark is the spell you get in that slot when you sac a voidwalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Is a nochanneling macro for malefic grasp a dps increase? I was told about it and tried it out and there was a slight delay at the end so I'm wondering if it's something I should be using or not.
    You can recast MG before the last tick without losing the last tick of the one you are already channeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    i was hoping that wasnt the case. dont wanna waste an interrupt if i sac felpuppy for example :/
    Actually, there's a clever work around for that, which is using yourself as target for command demon, in other words: /cast [@player] command demon
    You can't silence yourself so in case of sacced felhunter, the macro will just give an error when it reaches that point, which is after healthstone/dark regen