Raidcall Reviews for Raiding

My guild is thinking of switching from vent mainly cause the cost is something we don't want to deal with anymore. I had read a lot about teamspeak 3, mumble and vent with a lot of reviews online and here on the forums.

However reviews on raidcall are lacking. I have found one line comments or jokes about the program but nothing explaining the reasons behind the good or bad comment. I am not looking to be convinced to use mumble, teeamspeak3, etc. I am really looking for feedback from raidcall users. So reviews would be appreciated!

if you are a 10 man raid group look into using skype. Almost everyone has it and it works very well for raiding. Our 10-man raid group has been using it since the end of wrath.

Skype is great for 10 mans, there isn't too many people flooding the open call, it has no delay like vent and there is no need for a a keybind. Also, it's free.

I'd go insane if the people in my guild didn't have a push to talk button. I don't need to hear what's going on in the background of the other 9-24 people.

As far as Raidcall goes, I've also only heard whispers about it, so I'm interested in reading these opinions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    I'd go insane if the people in my guild didn't have a push to talk button. I don't need to hear what's going on in the background of the other 9-24 people.

As far as Raidcall goes, I've also only heard whispers about it, so I'm interested in reading these opinions as well.
    We've never had an issue with it. If someone is running a fan or something they can just mute their mic.

Skype is just horrible within a raid setting imo. People sometimes do random sounds in a raid(don't lie, I know you do it!), and it can easily escalate. The voice chat program that I absolutely LOVE is Mumble.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like mumble. but every single person I pick up as a Pug had no idea what it is. That can be a little frustrating.

I appreciate the replies guys but... I am looking for reviews on raidcall
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    I am not sure why reviews on it are so hard to come by. I think though just not enough people have tried it yet? I would love to know about lag, ads (since it is free what are they like), sound quality, setup, etc.
    Last edited by Royalite; 2012-10-10 at 06:58 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used Raidcall alot and i really like it - the connection is stable, it doesnt have alot of unneeded options and its free ( both - your channel and client) . Skype is hell when you are more than 5 . The only bad thing about RC is that it can rarely have a very long connection time to your channel (had few 2-5 min tries), everything else is perfect
    Last edited by bagosham; 2012-10-10 at 11:11 PM.