Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Solomon View Post
    What are your thoughts on this today? Should Blizzard have acted differently/issued an apology?
    Of course they wouldn't have acted differently or apologized. The whole point of this was to drive attention away from the fact that Blizzard's QA failed miserably yet again, not even testing the fight with what at the time was completely normal part of a rotation for a minmax rogue.

They cheated. Banned, deserved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    We did.

They didn't get banned because they used Saronite Bombs.
    They got banned because they ignored a key mechanic which was made possible by the use of Saronite Bombs.
    There's a difference there. They wouldn't had gotten banned if they would've just killed the val'kyr.
    Everyone who was ever playd this game knows that if you don't have to kill stuff you dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the story Tekloth, annoyed horde get world first because they are better?
    Ban is not deserved, it is blizzard fault to allow the bug in first place
    Imagine them advertising: we will publish a game with bugs, if you find them we ban you, that will surely get many people won't it?
    Saronite bombs bugged encounter, well they were part of fury warriors/combat rogues rotation at least back then (not just rogues), and they are part of it since Ulduar days
    If they wanted to really avoid bugs, allow the fight to be tested on public test realms, if they exploit it on PTR and on live servers, they deserve ban, but to hide the fight from PTR then your crappy testing team fail to find a bug and blame others is a cheating instead of admitting "sorry I sucked at coding and testing I should admit my mistake"
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    What's the story Tekloth, annoyed horde get world first because they are better?
    Mm, no, not really. I still root for Paragon. Also stating that horde players are better than alliance goes to show the maturity of the person behind the keyboard on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Ban is not deserved, it is blizzard fault to allow the bug in first place
    Imagine them advertising: we will publish a game with bugs, if you find them we ban you, that will surely get many people won't it?
    Saronite bombs bugged encounter, well they were part of fury warriors/combat rogues rotation at least back then (not just rogues), and they are part of it since Ulduar days
    If they wanted to really avoid bugs, allow the fight to be tested on public test realms, if they exploit it on PTR and on live servers, they deserve ban, but to hide the fight from PTR then your crappy testing team fail to find a bug and blame others is a cheating instead of admitting "sorry I sucked at coding and testing I should admit my mistake"
    AGAIN, it wasn't the Saronite Bombs which caused the ban. It was what resulted after they found out the bug; a concious decision of ignoring a key boss mechanic (the val'kyr) made possible by Saronite Bombs bugging out the platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't is also reported and found that they had a bunch of their raid team change to engy profession to max out the use of the saronite bombs on the platform.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Wasn't is also reported and found that they had a bunch of their raid team change to engy profession to max out the use of the saronite bombs on the platform.....
    If memory serves me correctly, there were speculations, and a few people said that Ensidia actually did that. Can't remember if it was ever confirmed though..

It warranted a reset on the kill, not a ban.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    If memory serves me correctly, there were speculations, and a few people said that Ensidia actually did that. Can't remember if it was ever confirmed though..
    Do you think Ensidia was going to change their professions for a normal mode boss? That's so silly

It was absolutely not a mistake.

In order to bug out the platform, you had to throw bombs where you would not have normally done so. The raid even ignored valk dps to put more on the boss, so it wasn't like they didn't understand the significance of their exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    This might be a little off topic, but I remember reading a rant like this and reading commentary on it. Something bizarre was noticed.

Apparently the commentary pointed out many word-for-word similarities between the rant and a rant on a consdierably older MMO (don't remember which). As if the guy had copied and pasted the meat of it and just changed the details to suit Lich King in World of Warcraft. Anyone know what I'm talking about, or possibly have a relevant link? Don't think it was OP's link but it might be.
    It was a guy from <Death and Taxes> complaining about Naxxramas I believe, and he took something Tigole (Jeff Kaplan) himself wrote complaining on the EverQuest forums and adapted it almost word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    It was a guy from <Death and Taxes> complaining about Naxxramas I believe, and he took something Tigole (Jeff Kaplan) himself wrote complaining on the EverQuest forums and adapted it almost word for word.
    It's not off-topic, your attempting to discredit Ensidia further via a charge of plagiarism. Either present your evidence of your claims or stop talking.

Can you back this up with evidence? There was clearly only one rogue (not seven) using this. You say anything you want and look good, but it doesn't mean it's the truth (Flip-flopper 47% Mitt Romney in the debates for example).
    Keep reading, fanboy... It was everywhere around in the web, armory links and stuff. Why are you buthurt?
    Member of the "I'm happy with no flying" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Devildeer View Post
    Keep reading, fanboy... It was everywhere around in the web, armory links and stuff. Why are you buthurt?
    It ***WAS*** everywhere on the web? If it was everywhere on the web it WOULD STILL BE ON THE UNDYING WEB. Find it or you are lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one here tried server firsts ? No one at all ?
    I'll be very surprised that Ensidia has their fury warriors and combat rogues (I'm sure both these specs need engineer to min/max dps) not changing to engineer since 4.1 out (Ulduar) (death knights dps unholy I think did not need engineer to max dps)
    Any end-game hardcore raiding guild doesn't allow any of their main members to have a gathering profession like mining / herbing / skinning, even after their buffs in Wrath you aren't allowed, we had a paladin forced to change mining to JC or leave guild, I think incription was also a no profession to hardcore raiders, most people get JC for epic gems and other profession is different depend on class/spec (I had enchant/tailor as priest discpline, JC was minor buff but I was holding guild recipes for gearing etc)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

It ***WAS*** everywhere on the web? If it was everywhere on the web it WOULD STILL BE ON THE UNDYING WEB. Find it or you are lying.
    You can start by reading the old comments in this article:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/02/04/en...for-exploits/5

I was about to start looking for the armory links but the "master engeneer" and "artisian engeneer" granted within some minutes won't be there anymore... so meh.

If you want to be blind, it's up to you.

Also sorry for my bad english.
    Member of the "I'm happy with no flying" Club

IN that article you presented to me:

Quote Originally Posted by Devildeer View Post
    You can start by reading the old comments in this article:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/02/04/en...for-exploits/5

I was about to start looking for the armory links but the "master engeneer" and "artisian engeneer" granted within some minutes won't be there anymore... so meh.

If you want to be blind, it's up to you.

Also sorry for my bad english.
    On the first page of that link you see the following:
    "It's worth a mention that the language Muqq used at the end of his post is identical (save places and names) to this post by Tigole (scroll to the bottom -- it's the last thing on the page), written of EverQuest in 2002. Be warned, neither of these are safe for work."

That is Muqq's post, the thread I provided in the OP is written by KUNGEN, NOT Muqq. So trying to discredit Kungen by saying he plagiarized Tigole is a flat out lie. It was Muqq who did, and that's not the material I presented in the OP.

Also in that article it is clear that only ONE players (Muqq) was using Saronite bombs, the other INVENTED six-seven players were not. THere is no evidence of such a claim. Also we would have never changed professions for a NORMAL MODE encounter.

It's not off-topic, your attempting to discredit Ensidia further via a charge of plagiarism. Either present your evidence of your claims or stop talking.
    Death and Taxes is not Ensidia (I know this is hard to understand, but different guilds are actually different guilds), and frankly I have no idea what you're talking about.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 04:52 PM ----------

On the first page of that link you see the following:
    "It's worth a mention that the language Muqq used at the end of his post is identical (save places and names) to this post by Tigole (scroll to the bottom -- it's the last thing on the page), written of EverQuest in 2002. Be warned, neither of these are safe for work."

That is Muqq's post, the thread I provided in the OP is written by KUNGEN, NOT Muqq. So trying to discredit Kungen by saying he plagiarized Tigole is a flat out lie. It was Muqq who did, and that's not the material I presented in the OP.

Also in that article it is clear that only ONE players (Muqq) was using Saronite bombs, the other INVENTED six-seven players were not. THere is no evidence of such a claim. Also we would have never changed professions for a NORMAL MODE encounter.
    This isn't "plagarism", it's satire. I was unaware that Ensidia did the same thing, but I don't think it's clever in their example, because the very same thing was done upwards of 3-4 years before by Death and Taxes talking of bugs in the original game.
    Last edited by underdogba; 2012-10-18 at 08:52 PM.

Wow, if you're still upset about Blizzard banning Ensidia like this, I wonder how you'd feel about Arena Net's responses to mild exploits like using karma to purchase food supplies, crafting some food, and vendoring it for a profit. Hint: they perma'd everyone involved.