Stat priority question.

I was in the process of picking a pre-raid gear set. I decided to check out askMrRobot for reference. One thing I noticed there is 2 preset on MrRobot for stats priority as affliction warlock and I am seeking feedback on one of them.

One of the stats priority preset that MrRobot uses has stats in the following order Hit > Mastery > Haste > Crit To me that sounds correct.

Now there's another option which states stats priority as follows Mastery > Haste > Hit > Crit and it also says that you will lose dps if you sacrifice Mastery/haste for hit.

I am wondering, is it still a min/maxed idea of aiming to be hit cap for affliction or is sacrificing haste mastery to be hit cap now a dps loss. If I refer to MrRobot sugested best in slot, they achieve about 8% hit, then they get as much as they can of mastery and haste. I would like other warlocks opinion on this.

I've been pulling better numbers by reforging out of hit and sinking it into either mastery or haste depending on what was already on the piece. Sitting on about 78% mastery with raid buffs and the misses on malefic grasp aren't really hurting me.

Hey there, I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. You definitely get more DPS by sacrificing hit, it's one of the few specs/classes where this is the case. One of the reasons for this is your dot application can miss, but your dot ticks don't. So as long as you manage the application of dots well (there's mods for that) - you're DPS will be much higher if you favor stats other than hit.

We actually launched with only one preset, the one that doesn't try to get you hit capped. But a lot of people just really like being hit capped, so we added it in Let me know if you have other questions, we spent a lot of time on Warlocks, and one of our stat weight guys is playing a lock... so he's testing out a lot of things.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

I think its really a personal choice at this point. I like being hit capped, I hate seeing a haunt miss, it makes me sad on the inside
    Cyner#1996

My next question would be then up to what point is it ok to sacrifice hit, I would think you would still want a certain base percentage of hit right. Where the right breakpoint?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesyst View Post
    My next question would be then up to what point is it ok to sacrifice hit, I would think you would still want a certain base percentage of hit right. Where the right breakpoint?
    There is no "right" in this case. Right for highest DPS is not hitcapping, while right for some people means being hit capped, and then there's a whole range of grey area in between the 2 where YOU need to find what you are comfortable with.

If you want more DPS but are weary of going to far under hitcap then start with a lower cap number, something like 13% or something. Then if you feel playing like that is o.k. then try even lower at 12 or 11% hit, just keep going down till you are comfortable, or go back up if it starts to annoy you that you miss too often.

What are the mods for managing application of dots? Like dot timers you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey there, I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. You definitely get more DPS by sacrificing hit, it's one of the few specs/classes where this is the case. One of the reasons for this is your dot application can miss, but your dot ticks don't. So as long as you manage the application of dots well (there's mods for that) - you're DPS will be much higher if you favor stats other than hit.

We actually launched with only one preset, the one that doesn't try to get you hit capped. But a lot of people just really like being hit capped, so we added it in Let me know if you have other questions, we spent a lot of time on Warlocks, and one of our stat weight guys is playing a lock... so he's testing out a lot of things.