Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I left someone behind

So it's minutes before MoP is released on the servers. I'm sitting on my character select screen. I can't decide. I keep going back and forth between two characters. My first love (Rogue) or my main the one I stuck with through thick and thin. (Warrior)

I flip back and forth through them, thinking to myself... "what one will be more overpowered at 90"

Then suddenly... a plan.... I KNOW WHAT WILL DECIDE!!!!!

Which characters new tier gear looks better.

I glance at both warrior and rogue tier on this very website. The time is almost up... I must choose.

I remember vaguely saying "EWW" at both tier sets. (sorry if you disagree)

I however decided on the rogue. Because its tier looked mildly okay. Also because I'm on a very high pop PVP server and the other faction like to be dicks. So i figured LOL VANISH!!!!

Anyway. After hitting 90 on my rogue I played him for a few days. I hated it. I hated how my wrist and fingers were imploding from the furious smashing of sinister strike. I hated how I needed a dagger to play the spec I wanted to play and I couldn't for the life of me get a dagger drop. So I decided to leave my rogue. I decided the rogue was not for me. I didn't want to have him as a main.

Then instead of leveling up my warrior I decided "I NEED TO NOT HAVE 2 MELEE CLASSES"

so i leveled my hunter. I love my hunter. No complaints.

I just miss my warrior. I want him back in my life.

And now I'm sitting here infront of my computer thinking to myself.... "AM I REALLY GOING TO LEVEL ANOTHER TOON... CHRIST!!!!"

Anyone else feel this way about one of your toons? You feel you left him/her behind. You feel as if you should of leveled a different class?

TLDR: I think I made a mistake leveling a certain class I really don't like. Did you do the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but that's when I go to that character and level him up too
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Nope. Main is main. Why would someone choose to level alt instead ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just throw some heirlooms on 'im. Make leveling easier.

Nope, I have a lot of alts but only one main. There has never been any question what I'd level first. I will get to my alts eventually, I do miss playing them, right now there's too much rep grinding to do on my main for me to have time though :<

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Just throw some heirlooms on 'im. Make leveling easier.
    The heirlooms don't work 85-90, which is what the OP is talking about.

Deleted
    I had this same problem, I have 9 85's and I love them all equally..well mostly.

After trying in vain to decide, I just let my friend pick, he picked shaman and I haven't looked back since :P

Was leveling a mage, decided to level a monk instead. All my other characters are sitting in Stormwind with the king's quest accepted, and full bars of rest XP. They will remain that way until they nerf the XP required to level to 90 for the next expansion, or I get reallllly bored because leveling to 90 is terrible after the luster of the new experience wears off.

Seriously Blizz, the whole "watch this cut scene," "experience the horizon coming up on this new zone" is great once. The second time it's just tedious. Let me buy a flying tome so I can level my alts quickly and get them producing materials and grinding reps faster.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    played my rogue from vanilla to dragonsoul, decided to switch to pally for MoP. Really miss the rogue some times. It had a lot of sentimental stuff, like the Pink shirt from ICC. But given how terrible rogues are right now I am really glad I switched. Will probably go back and level the rogue at some point tho, after I get my druid to 90 for the flight form herbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    The heirlooms don't work 85-90, which is what the OP is talking about.
    Uh-oh. Does that mean there aren't any new ones for that level range? I just assumed, I haven't gotten to the end game yet. Maybe I'll have the same problem to deal with...

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I sympathize with you here. I've been playing a troll rogue since I started almost 6 years ago. Right now I'm not very satisfied with how rogues are, but I feel like I owe to the little guy to soldier through these bad days. Changing mains would be like... cheating! O_o

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue was my main throughout much of Cata, so of course, I went ahead and leveled it to 90. Boy, do I regret doing that. I mean, I like the class so I could deal with the meh talent tree, but it's just terrible at 90. Low damage and perpetually energy starved...'nuff said. Swapped to my warrior, and WOW what a difference! They have a better talent tree and seem to be overall, better designed.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Rogue was my main throughout much of Cata, so of course, I went ahead and leveled it to 90. Boy, do I regret doing that. I mean, I like the class so I could deal with the meh talent tree, but it's just terrible at 90. Low damage and perpetually energy starved...'nuff said. Swapped to my warrior, and WOW what a difference! They have a better talent tree and seem to be overall, better designed.
    seems like every class has been buffed up to the level of power and fun that rogues used to be, while rogues have gone backward and become stale, boring and lacking in any good reason to play them. What concerns me most is that blizzard will eventually fix rogues with some sort of terrible bandaid that makes them gimicky and over powered. They just cant seem to balance the class in the right way and the slow energy regen is just what makes it a snorefest.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    seems like every class has been buffed up to the level of power and fun that rogues used to be, while rogues have gone backward and become stale, boring and lacking in any good reason to play them. What concerns me most is that blizzard will eventually fix rogues with some sort of terrible bandaid that makes them gimicky and over powered. They just cant seem to balance the class in the right way and the slow energy regen is just what makes it a snorefest.
    Agreed. They already threw healing priests a bandaid fix and I'm sure it'll be the same with rogues. I'm typically not one to bail on a class, but the MoP changes sucked the fun right out of the rogue class.

Deleted
    1. Wanted to play a Hunter.
    2. Raid leader wanted a Rogue.
    3. ?
    4. I'm playing my Rogue.
    5. Profit?

I wanted to play my druid. I did and still am. Balance has been iffy so far but after a few upgrades and some more tricks up my sleeve, I'm definitely satisfied.

I briefly considered going feral considering its obvious advantage over balance, which for me would almost be like abandoning my main (without requiring any leveling I suppose), so I didn't.

Something similar happened to me, only it wasn't my choice. Two hours before MOP (10PM Pacific which is also 10PM server time) my guild leader announces that he's decided to not lead raids in MOP. We're all welcome to stay and enjoy the level 25 guild perks for leveling up etc. but we won't be raiding.

With that statement my defacto main switched from my alliance mage to my horde hunter. Unfortunately, I had at that time 10 level 85s and all but three of them were alliance. So I left an entire ecosystem of classes and professions behind.

Sure, I'll play 'em eventually, but right now my needs are centered around my remaining raiding guild and raiding character.

That and CRZ are the two things disappointing about MOP.

Deleted
    I did something similar OP, I went back to my first love, my Boomkin. How I missed the dance. How I missed being slightly useless in PvP but not bad enough to be completely horrible.

I ended up playing mage in WotLK as I finished levelling it just before 3.3 came out. A bunch of friends transferred to Horde, and since I didn't want to move my main (at the time, I have since then) I decided to move the mage. I got new gear, better gear than my moonkin had, I got into a raiding guild, became an officer. But all that is over. Now I'm back, and I'm so glad. I've missed my druid.
    Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2012-10-11 at 04:34 AM.

This is why in 8 years I have one character at end game who is my main, and an army of alts ranging from levels 20-40 gathering dust. I managed to get my blood elf warlock into his 60s during Cata that I've been leveling since literally the morning TBC came out, and I got my human deathknight to 65 in Cata.

As of 5.4, I got addicted to all the new class changes and finally got 2 of my alts not only beyond Hellfire Peninsula, but for the first time since my main was there on the launch of WOTLK I have characters in Northrend.

That's crazy for me.

And to top it off, a friend scroll of rez'd me, and I chose a rogue to be level 80, so I now have a level 83 rogue, which is also crazy for me.

Being able to share my mounts and transmogging have both literally been the biggest major issues I have with leveling alts. Now that I can look how I want and ride the mount which matches the theme of my characters, I really get into playing them.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.
    I have my main new druid, and my new alt Monk.
    I'm happy with what I chose.
    Yay for being hybrids.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Well it's a blessing and a curse for me that I don't really have a main. Every class I play is played more or less equally over time. So as long as I get them all leveled eventually, I can't really feel I made a prioritizing mistake. Of course, it's also a seemingly rare blessing that I have no emotional attachments to my characters...