Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cobalt Mines on Stone Guard

I play a ret paladin and yesturday my guild took it's first steps into Mogu'Shan. We killed Stone Guard after some attempts but I noticed myself dieing to cobalt mines constantly. I can't really see them and are surprised when they kill me. I read that they explode hitting everyone nearby. How do I tell if I set off the mine or it was someone else? We are in 25 man so it could be anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone in it's vicinity gets hit by it. Doesn't matter who triggers it or not. If you take damage from it, you were too close to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are a blue circle on the ground with a similar sort of size to a frost trap, the most noticeable part is the giant icicle in the middle. they explode after about 5 seconds or so and give you plenty of time, they aren't set off by other people.

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    About this, my DBM isn't giving warnings for this, but does for things like Amethyst Pools / Jasper Chains.

Any idea why and if there's an update that has a warning for Cobalt Mine on me or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    About this, my DBM isn't giving warnings for this, but does for things like Amethyst Pools / Jasper Chains.

Any idea why and if there's an update that has a warning for Cobalt Mine on me or something?
    You have a debuff when you are in the pools or chains. You don't get a debuff when you are standing next to a mine. DBM can't save you.

o you really need dbm to tell you to get away from the GIANT ice crystals?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    o you really need dbm to tell you to get away from the GIANT ice crystals?
    If I can have an audio sound go along with a visual, why would I not?

Take your trolling elsewhere. I asked a simple question. I got an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I can have an audio sound go along with a visual, why would I not?

Take your trolling elsewhere. I asked a simple question. I got an answer.
    Something tells me you're beyond help.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Especially since blizzard is nice enough to put a blue circle around those crystals that tells you exactly how far away you need to be. It's as easy as: Do not stand inside the blue circle.

Look at the bar of the bottom of your screen, if it's blue (cobalt) you can walk in them safely to explode them, if not then just step the fuck away from the huge ice crystals :P

You need to go to dbm and "enable eyes" option. Seriously, those things are bigger than you, if you miss them its noones fault but your own.

Deleted
    Dying to cobalt mines?

I (as a Druid healer) usually take the active role of being the one popping all the cobalt mines, regardless of our petrification. And those things rarely, if ever, do enough damage for me to be in any sort of danger of dying.

You're not dying to the cobalt mines, you're dying to a combination of some OTHER form of damage and the cobalt mines. I'd wager you're either in Amethyst pools or you and your linked chain target are too far away from eachother.

Use bubble, speed burst, run thru all mines, solves alot of problems.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never once said that I was having issues with the mines. I asked if there was any sort of audio cue possible for it as I know many other people DO die to mine.

You guys wonder why people don't ask questions here. It's because of the flaming and trolling that comes as a response to people asking a genuine question.

I never once said that I was having issues with the mines. I asked if there was any sort of audio cue possible for it as I know many other people DO die to mine.

You guys wonder why people don't ask questions here. It's because of the flaming and trolling that comes as a response to people asking a genuine question.
    no one is flaming or trolling, you're just being hyper sensitive like we need to say things in the nicest way possible. if you cant see the giant blue ice crystal I don't see how a sound queue is going to help anymore. but if you feel people really need it get "GTFO" but don't expect to progress past the 3rd boss.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no one is flaming or trolling, you're just being hyper sensitive like we need to say things in the nicest way possible. if you cant see the giant blue ice crystal I don't see how a sound queue is going to help anymore. but if you feel people really need it get "GTFO" but don't expect to progress past the 3rd boss.
    GTFO doesn't trigger a sound for it. My guild has no issues with the fight (on Heroic 10m), but a few friends were asking me if there were any warnings for it outside of the visual on the ground. They didn't want to post here because they were worried about being flamed for asking, thus I posted to ask.

Thank you for the answer, just wanted to check in on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no. you (and other posters) aren't flaming or trolling. Not at all.

You're just posting very dry and satirical replies.

I would suggest that said players try to clean up their UI and turn off floating combat text if it is causing problems, try to be a little zoomed in, practice on doing a little less tunnel vision. You should also be trying to recruit to replace players who cannot learn quickly and earn their raid spot. Doesn't necessarily mean you should be telling them they are losing it if they can't stop dying in crystals every time that they do, but just let them know that progression is called progression for a reason, and it's difficult to progress when only a few people in the raid are making no progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtails View Post
    They are a blue circle on the ground with a similar sort of size to a frost trap
    This. There are large blue circles, I'm not sure if you'll need to toggle your graphic settings to see them, but they're very conspicuous once they're visible. They'll only hit people in the circle, so if you're taking damage - it's because you were in the circle, not someone else setting it off.

It's also worth noting that when the blue mob is overloading, they hit for nothing - it's quite useful to know this since clearing them during the blue phase can sometimes help with keeping enough room to move around, especially as a paladin with the amount of root-removal abilities they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Nothing wrong with a little extra "don't fuck up" protection, is there?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Hunters / shadow priest / rogues / paladins can pop mines if you feel you are getting clusters. mines spawn UNDER people so try not to stand next to a big cluster of people.

wait until you get to heroic and find all the dead bodies don't despawn after you wipe ¬_¬