Deleted

Confused About SimCraft Enhance Scale Factors

As recommended by various DPS theory sources I'm running SimCraft to determine my Scale Factors for Enhancement.

However I'm confused - my results are showing:

Agi - 3.77
    Crit - 1.26
    Haste - 1.16
    Mastery - 1.14

i.e

Agi > Crit > Haste > Mastery

This seems counter intuitive to the accepted current tier wisdom of:

Agi > Mastery/Haste > Crit

Any ideas why?

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 03:42 PM ----------

Sorry forgot to add that I cant post my toon link as I am newbie to forums.

You can find me on the armory: Mewt at Frostmane EU

Deleted
    I haven't used the SimCraft like in ages, but is it possible that the program is factoring crit more because of your Brewfest trinket? Because it needs crits to activate? I don't know for sure, but usually the stats should be like you mentioned above Agi > Mastery=Haste > Crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    I haven't used the SimCraft like in ages, but is it possible that the program is factoring crit more because of your Brewfest trinket? Because it needs crits to activate? I don't know for sure, but usually the stats should be like you mentioned above Agi > Mastery=Haste > Crit
    Woah - completely didn't think of that. I have no idea if SimCraft is taking that into account.

I'm also only wearing the brewfest trinket because the Alchemist Trinket seems bugged and just wont proc.

It all depends on your current gear. Each of haste, mastery and crit will scale to some degree with each other. Increasing one will cause the value of the others to increase. There are other reasons too. Haste especially can be tricksy. Pushing it past certain points can trigger scenarios in SimulationCraft that just don't work in reality.

What you really want to do is use SimulationCraft's graph plot functionality to get a true idea of how different levels of haste effect your DPS.

Plus, what are we talking here? Even if you reforge completely out of one stat and into another, maybe 300dps difference? Maximum. It's going to be to small to reliably measure. You'll get a bigger DPS increase just from making sure your exp/hit are as close to the cap as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    Woah - completely didn't think of that. I have no idea if SimCraft is taking that into account.

I'm also only wearing the brewfest trinket because the Alchemist Trinket seems bugged and just wont proc.
    That's strange, haven't had any problems with my Alch trinket. Not in Enhancement or Elemental spec :S You should try the trinket again, because it's like 2nd best pre-raid trinket, miles better than that Brewfest trinket

EDIT: I believe the Alch trinket was bugged like for the first week from launch imo and is fixed now

Stat weights only apply for your current gear - BIS weights are totally irrelevant to you.

I haven't tried it recently, but the alchemy trinket was definitely broken for enhance at least - not proccing for me at all for >5min intervals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flak View Post
    Stat weights only apply for your current gear - BIS weights are totally irrelevant to you.

I haven't tried it recently, but the alchemy trinket was definitely broken for enhance at least - not proccing for me at all for >5min intervals.
    Yeah this is exactly the same problem I'm getting - I'm tracking the thing with Skada and its proccing once every 4+ mins or so - or not bothering at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    Yeah this is exactly the same problem I'm getting - I'm tracking the thing with Skada and its proccing once every 4+ mins or so - or not bothering at all.
    Hmm, I might need to spec back to Enhancement and test this out. Gonna post my conclusions when I can get back in (my server is down 8( ).

Should probably note there's some buggy stuff going on in 505-3 at the moment. You may want to re-check with 505-2.

How many iterations are you using? When I sim your character @ 50k, I'm getting mastery = crit (1.25 each) > haste (1.16). You only sim ~80-85% flurry uptime, so it isn't too surprising that crit is relatively inflated / haste is relatively deflated (plus you have the on-crit proc trinket).

You really should look into replacing that trinket, though. Coren's is very bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    How many iterations are you using? When I sim your character @ 50k, I'm getting mastery = crit (1.25 each) > haste (1.16). You only sim ~80-85% flurry uptime, so it isn't too surprising that crit is relatively inflated / haste is relatively deflated (plus you have the on-crit proc trinket).

You really should look into replacing that trinket, though. Coren's is very bad.
    Yeah its not so great. However I would use Zen Alchemist if it wasnt bugged. I'll hand in my Tigers deck to DMF when it arrives next week.

TY for simming me. And TY to everyone for the replies.