Looking for a new gaming mouse

I'm currently in the process of shopping around for a new gaming mouse and was hoping the community here might have some suggestions.

I'm currently using a Razer Deathadder, which has served reasonably well. However, I'm starting to notice some hand pain after gripping the mouse for extended periods. I use what I would probably call a palm grip, but I like to curl my ring and smallest fingers inward somewhat to grip the mouse tightly near the base where it meets the mousing surface, which is a habit I developed years ago from using crummy old mice similar to the logitech m100 (envision closing your hand around the somewhat wedge-shaped cross section of this kind of a mouse to get an idea of what I'm getting at here). Prior to getting the Deathadder I had a Steelseries Ikari, which was alright size-wise, but the "shelf" portion on the right side of the mouse where the fingers rest prevented me from gripping the mouse in a way that felt secure.

What I perceive to be the problem with the Deathadder is that the narrowing in the center of the mouse allows for an approximation of the grip I prefer, but it is not quite as hand filling as I would like it to be to support the entire palm of my hand. What I'm looking for is something fairly hand-filling for someone with large hands, that will still allow the aforementioned grip. I would prefer a mouse with no more than 5 to 7 buttons, and corded is a must. It may be that the Deathadder is the closest I can get to fulfilling my needs, but I'm hoping there might be something else I can try. In particular, if anyone has or has used a Tt esports Saphira, I'd be interested to hear their experiences; I've heard it is a fairly large mouse and it looks like the shape may be right for my preferred grip. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend has the Tt eSports Saphira, and he recommends it 100%, I've got the Logitech G400 which is a beast, only just replaced it with a 7 year old Logitech MX518.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    I wouldn't personally stand behind the TT Esports Saphira.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1150579/n...sports-saphire

Angle-snapping is enabled. Driver design is reported to be poor. Support from TT Esports is lacking. It does use the 3090 sensor to my understanding, which is a good sensor if configured correctly (CM Storm Spawn).

You could probably do a lot worse, but at glance it's nothing I would recommend. Instead, I list these for you:

SteelSeries Sensei
    Mionix Naos 5000
    Logitech G400
    Zowie Gear AM
    CM Storm Spawn
    Razer DeathAdder 3.5G

My primary recommendation would be the G400, especially if you're coming from a DA. If you want some additional features and a higher DPI and better ergonomically designed mouse the Naos 5000 is my next suggestion, although both the Zowie AM and Sensei shouldn't be overlooked.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1054231/m...ch-g400-review
    There's reasons why the G400 is so extremely well recommended, used and favoured. Don't let the price fool you - this is a very good mouse "under the hood". No angle-snapping. No prediction. Close to no jitter. Reliable tracking at any DPI setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally recently replaced my Logitech G5 v1 with a Corsair M90. It's magnificent. It has a fairly large number of buttons though, so I think the Corsair M60 would be more your style. They're the same size, just different styling and buttons. The right side is pretty flat so you could put your fingers there no problem, and my hands fit quite well on it while still being fairly large (probably about 6-7 inches from base of palm to tip of middle finger)

The best way to decide on a mouse is to go to a store or find a friend that has one and try it out, but I know that's not always easy. Stores around here don't carry gaming mice except Razer, and none of my friends have anything fancier than the stock Dell mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

Logitech M600 is really handsome

My Naga broke yesterday the left mouse click completely gave up after 3.5 years. So i bought temporally a Roccat Kova +. Its ok so far, but I will get the Naga again. Best mouse in my opinion!

I use the Logitech 69x Laser Gaming mouse. Its awesome and really comfortable.

If your mouse grip is bothering you, Id suggest the Logitech G600 its a larger mouse which has a ring finger 3rd "Gshift" button. It is a chunky mouse so if you dont like a lil junk in the trunk it isnt for you, but if you need a mouse to force a new grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanth View Post
    My Naga broke yesterday the left mouse click completely gave up after 3.5 years. So i bought temporally a Roccat Kova +. Its ok so far, but I will get the Naga again. Best mouse in my opinion!
    The Naga hasn't been available for 3.5 years... or even 3 years. It's still in the 2 year range, and that's if you bought it the exact day it became available online.

Regardless, it's still junky with tons of problems. Youtubing "Naga double click" returns something like 150k views on such videos on the first page of results. I'd strongly suggest against recommending it to anyone.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    The Naga hasn't been available for 3.5 years...

Regardless, it's still junky with tons of problems. Youtubing "Naga double click" returns something like 150k views on such videos on the first page of results. I'd strongly suggest against recommending it to anyone.
    The numberpad all be it revolutionary wasn't designed completely just thrown together. Taking aim @ the G600 number pad you see a large difference in design and muscle memory capability, think it took me about 2 hours to start responding well to the design.

I've been using a Logitech mouse and I sit by the computer a lot over a week and have never had any discomfort. I truly love it, however after 7-8 years it's starting to fail me and I am replacing it with a Razer Naga, looking forward to all the extra shortkeys.

Deleted
    I'm not getting anywhere near that amount of hits, more around 37k. Besides views doesn't mean that those people are actually experiencing said problem; they might just be potential buyers looking into issues. Both me and my gf have used a Naga daily for at least 2 years and have had 0 issues with it and it has outstanding performance for us. Nothing wrong with the build quality either so I wouldn't call it junky. I'll say that the last 6 number pad buttons are essentially wasted by being so far down. There are probably better mice available but the Naga isn't bad by any means.

The Naga hasn't been available for 3.5 years... or even 3 years. It's still in the 2 year range, and that's if you bought it the exact day it became available online.

Naga was out in 2009... To be precise in September 2009 for purchase on the razer store.

No matter what. It served me well and I really cant complain. I had a Logitech MX 518 before that. I had constantly issues with it. So far a I am more then happy with Razer Products.

Deleted
    I'd say logitech g400 if you just want a mouse with a dpi switch and 2 extra buttons, if you feel like you need more get a razer naga.If you don't need more buttons but still want high dpi, I think cyber snipa has a not to expencive mouse with a nice grip and very high dpi. I can't remember the name tho

Quote Originally Posted by Swoopeh View Post
    I'm not getting anywhere near that amount of hits, more around 37k. Besides views doesn't mean that those people are actually experiencing said problem; they might just be potential buyers looking into issues. Both me and my gf have used a Naga daily for at least 2 years and have had 0 issues with it and it has outstanding performance for us. Nothing wrong with the build quality either so I wouldn't call it junky. I'll say that the last 6 number pad buttons are essentially wasted by being so far down. There are probably better mice available but the Naga isn't bad by any means.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.tpCl8mSOatM

124k~ right there, not sure what your issue is regarding counting, but whatever. Just because you specifically don't have an issue with yours, doesn't mean there aren't widespread problems. Go ahead and find me a mouse that isn't made by Razer with anywhere remotely close to the same type of views on youtube directly relating to issues with said mouse.

Do it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Samanth View Post
    Naga was out in 2009... To be precise in September 2009 for purchase on the razer store.

No matter what. It served me well and I really cant complain. I had a Logitech MX 518 before that. I had constantly issues with it. So far a I am more then happy with Razer Products.
    Consider yourself unique. MX518 is highly regarded as the most reliable and accurate mouse ever made, still being used today by the vast majority of pro FPS players.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account

Uhh.. My Naga box says quite clearly 2009, and with my math thats 3 years ago. Haven't had any problems with mine during the 1 year that i've had it. Only bad thing I can come up with is the Razer Synapse, which doesn't work properly sometimes.

Had Deathadder before Naga, and still use it sometimes. If you have a bigger hand like I do, then on longer gaming sessions Razer mice can be a bit small.. Dunno about other mice, so I wont start recommending anything

Naga came out in 2009.

Anyway as to the topic any of the Logitech full size mice will do well.

Whatever you do, don't get a naga. I know 5 people who have one, and all of them have broken rather quickly. Either the left mouse button goes out or it starts doing that double clicking bullshit.
    A bunch of forum posts confirm this is super common in them. They're not made particularly well.

I personally have the original WoW MMO-mouse from Steelseries. I've had it for about 2 years now and it still works perfectly. I'd recommend it, but you may prefer the Cata one or the newer one. I'd personally go with a Logitech or Steelseries just from experience and people I know.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Thanks very much for all the suggestions. I've looked at a lot of the mice recommended in this thread, and have seen several that appear as though they may fit the bill. I think my next step will be to look around for them locally, to try and test-handle some of them directly. I live on a smallish college campus, but touching base with some of the other gamers here may yield the opportunity to test some stuff out. Much appreciated.