With the release of AC 1.0 here's a new trailer for it...

AC 1.0.1 with a ton of bug fixes is coming this week.

Also here is the updated roadmap for 2015 for the game...

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-01-21 at 11:17 PM.

Quite a bit of news today...

Arena Commander 1.0.1 Released

Crowd funding has reached $70 million

and a short video of how navigating jump points will look in the game from tonight's PAX South presentation...

Looks pretty cool (like everything in the game so far).
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-01-24 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna take the end of 2015 for the PU Alpha to mean early 2016 . Still excited though.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they will be able to get alpha out before mid 2016 but it could happen.

Quick! Everyone start pulling prognostications out of their ass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can one of the clairvoyants in this thread tell us something more important than when PU is going to be released?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Can one of the clairvoyants in this thread tell us something more important than when PU is going to be released?
    First episode of S42 this fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be at PAX East so I definitely want to check them out! I haven't backed yet (and I should, because you save money in the end) because I really wanted to see some of this in person. I've supported a lot of games in the past that either didn't come up with content they had originally promised or the game itself was just entirely disappointing. SC looks amazing from every outlet I've checked, but hopefully at PAX they can wow me even more.

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-01-24 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Define important, their planned release schedule for remaining modules are in that image up the page.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Not sure how i feel about it being possible to die inside a wormhole but interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Not sure how i feel about it being possible to die inside a wormhole but interesting stuff.
    The thing is that you only die if you are trying to traverse it yourself on an unknown jump point. One of the things that players can sell are jump point routes where you can buy the safe way route through it. Just another item added to the economy and a nice way to reward players who are able to navigate a difficult route first or players who are too cheap to buy a known jump route.

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY CRAP the jump point navigation looks sick. i'm glad we are actually traversing through it instead of it being automatic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    The thing is that you only die if you are trying to traverse it yourself on an unknown jump point. One of the things that players can sell are jump point routes where you can buy the safe way route through it. Just another item added to the economy and a nice way to reward players who are able to navigate a difficult route first or players who are too cheap to buy a known jump route.
    also exploration will be much more rewarding and exciting and probably explorations ships will have things to make the navigation easier giving them more purpose than just "fast light ship, that is not armed like a war ship"

CIG posted the entire PAX South town hall meeting on their site. At 14:55 of the video, they showed off the Mobiglass, the all in one interface for your characters needs...

The rest of the video is pretty interesting if you are into the game.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I need a new pc
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I need more skynets
    fixed

/tenchar

If wormholes look like that, I expect a TARDIS cameo bouncing along past you in them every so often

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    fixed

/tenchar

I'm actually waiting until the Intel Skylake architecture comes out later this year before getting a new computer for this game. My i7 920 has served me well for years but I defintely need a new computer to play this on anything other than Low settings (even though the game looks great on Low for me).

I'm waiting for Pascal and NVLink. At which point either Skylake or Cannonlake (10nm) depending on how far off the latter is.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.