10+ Year Old Account
    wOOt! 3.0 schedule should be coming out later on today 04/14/17

and the new AtV from the UK offices is AWESOME. i highly recommend everyone take a look!!!!!

they are making fantastic progress and things are looking up for us guys. we will be getting the unrefined initial version of things but i see great things in our future where this game is concerned!
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    it really baffles me that people still harbor on dates. yes, CR has been overly optimistic with dates in the past and has been burned for it by people stating that he lied to them when the date is not met, so now they have adopted a policy of no dates until it's ready, yet those very same people who complain about being lied to (in relation to dates) say give us a date now, knowing that they are literally still developing the tech and mechanics required are hilariously hypocritical.

and it's as though people completely forgot that the whole point of crowd-funding was so CIG could take their time to get it right when it's ready without being beholden to an announced date before an aspect of the game is working as intended. many issues arise which set back the course of development towards a deadline. the only thing i fault them on is in their communication of blockers towards progress; they can take all the time they need just as long as they give a heads-up on what they are working on (which they do very well through Atv, etc) and what issues they are running in to (which they need to do more frequently and hopefully in detail).

the devs over at CIG have released the B-roll music for the Manchester Ship Update from a month ago, you can find information on it HERE i highly recommend it.
    The problem is how CIG does the communication. As soon as Chris gets on stage near a marketing event/sale or what not, his tongue just starts rolling and then he starts saying shit just to push the hype for the sales. Games get delayed all the time, but to repeatedly run around and throw unrealistic dates to fuel sales? Nobody does that, except for CIG and Chris. 3.0 at the end of December was borderline a full on lie.

People have all the right in the world to be dissappointed after such things.

10+ Year Old Account
    3.0 schedule should be out soon tonight and there will be a surprise to go along with it apparently. i am hoping for a video of some kind rather than just a screenshot, though i won't deny it if it is.

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

10+ Year Old Account
    3.0 Schedule Report is here.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

- - - Updated - - -

3.0 schedule should be out soon tonight and there will be a surprise to go along with it apparently. i am hoping for a video of some kind rather than just a screenshot, though i won't deny it if it is.
    And lo and behold, there is a video. Not sure if it's new or not, though Looks new to me.

Video in question:

Great info in this for how everything is planned and put together.

Side note: Full Planetary Orbit confirmed.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2017-04-15 at 04:38 AM.

Deleted
    this game is a incompetent management failure.

2017 Overview Schedule

waiting for moderator warning "post constructive". lol. get a grip moderator. this is constructive posting.

read every word.

Ahahaha, this is a complete goddamn abomination and I love it. No project manager would ever sign off on this horseshit. What does a horizontal row mean? I mean in one row you've got weapons, "item 2.0", in-game chat use, and ship to ship refuel system. So a row can't possibly represent a single team or a series of deliverables that have to be done in sequence. It kind of looks like they just told everyone "In order to put out a minimum viable product, please list all of the work you'd have to have finished" and then crammed all of that end-to-end on a "Chart" with no regard for actual timelines or whether or not any piece of it was dependent on any other. Not only is it poorly designed and visually confusing, with bars apparently scattered randomly up and down the chart but it assumes massively parallel work flows that just aren't loving possible. Some highlights:

"Network/Backend" has as many as eight simultaneous priorities in May alone. And it's not small stuff! "Server Migration" and "Network Bind/Unbind" and "New Message Queue" and "Physics Serialization" are all going out at the same time. Well! I'm sure your database won't be a right clusterfuck after you do all of those simultaneously through different people in the span of a couple of weeks.

"Fist Combat" is on a different track from "Throwable Weapons" which is apparently happening in parallel with "Knife Melee." "Takedowns (Front, Side, Rear)" are happening simultaneous with "Knockdown/Knockback." So that's at least 5 separate takes on how players are going to do physical damage to each other, all in the space of a loving month, all scattered willy-nilly around the chart. No reason to put those back to back or maybe even combine them into one cohesive system! Nope!

It sure is a good thing that basically everything is going to be done by May! I was a little worried because we hadn't seen one bit of planetary tools, or solar system tools, or object container: load and unload, but it turns out they've just been working on them all at once, this whole time, for five years, and they'll all be finished in the next month! What a nice and satisfying unit of time- just far enough out to be a little vague, but close enough to feel like real progress is happening. It's definitely not a massively telling visual representation of your own project managers lying to you about when poo poo will get done. It's just that literally everything they've ever worked on is about four weeks from completion, right now. Whew!

They promised us a ship pipeline and boy are they set to loving deliver! Look at that, as many as 12 simultaneous ship projects at once! They're finishing an average of four a month, every month, for the next 8 months! Half of these ships are marked as finished before things like Ship To Ship Refuel or Cargo System or Player Manned Turrets are done! How the gently caress are you going to deliver rovers years before you have your planets?

Also, on ships: I'm really enjoying how individual variants are assigned different tracks with randomized completion lengths. See how many times you can find the words "Cutlass" and "Freelancer" on that chart, ships that have been in the game for 3+ years. It's weird, I don't see the Javelin that they just put out a 30 minute video about on there at all! Or the Idris! Or the Bengal carrier! In fact it looks like it's mostly
    variants of existing small craft from here to 2018.

Also also on ships: glad to know that they're done selling ships forever, since apparently they have not made any time for new ship concepts or development on this chart.

I'm loving the loving time they assign to some of this stuff. Tell me more about how "Game Persistence" is apparently a two week project but your "Omnisky Laser Cannon" art or whatever the gently caress is going to take six goddamn months of work?!?

"Inventory System UI" apparently starts a full month before, and takes twice as long as, "Inventory System Gamecode." Okay!

"In-Game Chat To Use Spectrum" apparently starts months before, and takes longer than, "Spectrum Integration In Game." Sure am glad this schedule passed a rigorous review process!

Yes, this is definitely a fully realized diagram and not the last-minute throwing together of about 5 overwhelmingly untruthful department reports from completely buried project leads. Given the last 5 years of delivering 1 to 2 minor changes per month, I am completely unsurprised that they found yet another way to promise that literally everything is right around the loving corner. I look forward to the celebratory ship sale.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-04-15 at 06:14 PM.

So of all the content originally planned for 3.0, cargo/transport/trading will make it in time for release, one planet may be ready in time, and the most part won't be ready until the end of the year. How exactly did they ever end up providing 2016 as a possible release date for 3.0, when they may not even be able to have all of it done by the end of 2017 (mostly enviroment art and associated content)?.

Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post

2017 Overview Schedule

waiting for moderator warning "post constructive". lol. get a grip moderator. this is constructive posting.

read every word.
    and you still dont realize the scope on what it takes to make a game of this level, no other game current or coming in the next few years will have the kind of experience this game is being built around, the game is over the 5 year development point and if you are being honest most people expect a 5-7 year development cycle, once planet tech is in the alpha thats a major step towards the universe coming together.

with all this whinning you do about the game i hope you dont play it when its released.

I have followed the game since the start of the kickstarter, players who enjoy these type of games have waited so long for a game like this, whats a little longer.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    and you still dont realize the scope on what it takes to make a game of this level, no other game current or coming in the next few years will have the kind of experience this game is being built around, the game is over the 5 year development point and if you are being honest most people expect a 5-7 year development cycle, once planet tech is in the alpha thats a major step towards the universe coming together.

with all this whinning you do about the game i hope you dont play it when its released.

I have followed the game since the start of the kickstarter, players who enjoy these type of games have waited so long for a game like this, whats a little longer.
    Its not the length of time that is the problem.
    Its the constant false information, utterly unrealistic deadlines and amaturistic communications that is the problem.

The complaint of the long rant post is not that it takes long, but that the planning as presented makes no sense and looks like the sort of thing a con-artist would throw up in an attempt to keep his victims off his back a little longer.
    (not to say that I believe SC is a con, its just badly enough executed that it looks like one at times).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its the constant false information, utterly unrealistic deadlines and amaturistic communications that is the problem.

The complaint of the long rant post is not that it takes long, but that the planning as presented makes no sense and looks like the sort of thing a con-artist would throw up in an attempt to keep his victims off his back a little longer.
    (not to say that I believe SC is a con, its just badly enough executed that it looks like one at times).
    when he did mention dates it was more of what he hopes things were going, thats why he doesnt say dates anymore, the game is in year 5 of development and looks on track for a 6-7 year release.

the only complains im seeing is about how longs its taking and it cant be done, communication is done really well as they give us loads of information at every step of the way and weekly updates of how the game is coming along, if the only real complaint is chris likes to say unrealistic dates because he is excited for his game then im happy enough about that.

Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post

2017 Overview Schedule

read every word.
    No this is shitposting, go do it on FDEV or SA, they are your kind of people, they will hug you.

- - - Updated - - -

Deadlines ended last year when they put out the schedules. From then on you can see what are the plans, and/if they change if development hit a blocker. So ranting about missed dates is not really a thing i think.
    Also they are in development, unless we can see other games internal schedules, and see how and when they missed their internal schedules it's unrealistic to bash CIG on that, as you have nothing to compare it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    So of all the content originally planned for 3.0, cargo/transport/trading will make it in time for release, one planet may be ready in time, and the most part won't be ready until the end of the year. How exactly did they ever end up providing 2016 as a possible release date for 3.0, when they may not even be able to have all of it done by the end of 2017 (mostly enviroment art and associated content)?.

i suggest everyone who thinks this way to take in all the information that they have given out and start by reading THIS

back on topic, i am really excited for the 3.0 patch. it will be changing as they add more things back on the list like mining and the other professions as they are all currently missing except for cargo and Disco Lando said that they did not add them as they were not finalized yet.

from the news letter i really liked these shots:

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    when he did mention dates it was more of what he hopes things were going
    He hoped for 3.0 to be released at the end of last year, yet (by the new schedule) they really didn't get to work on it until this year, with majority of the actual content originally planned being spread out over the second half of the year, and a good chance for parts of it to slip into 2018. More than a year of delay is a bit more than just hoping to get things done by. Either he was aware of the actual progress and simply lied about the release date to get people hyped (and more sales), or he was unaware, which doesn't really speak in favor of him being the project lead.

i suggest everyone who thinks this way to take in all the information that they have given out and start by reading THIS
    Behaviour leaving was neither unexpected, nor does it seem plausible, that they would've been able to complete in mere weeks, what the inhouse team is now given several months to complete (actually it more looks like an entire year). Also, if there was any content actually in a completed stare, they could've moved forwardwith a similar route as they do now, i.e. release a slimmed down version of 3.0 at the end of 2016 with what has been ready to testing, to get the community involved early on. Why didn't they do this? The newsletter does not answer the question of how 2016 ever was a realistic release date, especially for the content not related to behaviour leaving the project (which could have, as they show with the content released down, been tested in a smaller scale).

from the news letter i really liked these shots:

What are these then? Because they all look like they have an atmosphere but atmospheric planets aren't going to be in 3.0 and while they look pretty there doesn't exactly seem like there is much to do on them, they're very barren and if we're honest that could well be quite boring.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    He hoped for 3.0 to be released at the end of last year, yet (by the new schedule) they really didn't get to work on it until this year, with majority of the actual content originally planned being spread out over the second half of the year, and a good chance for parts of it to slip into 2018. More than a year of delay is a bit more than just hoping to get things done by. Either he was aware of the actual progress and simply lied about the release date to get people hyped (and more sales), or he was unaware, which doesn't really speak in favor of him being the project lead.
    the game is in development, all the tech is being or has been designed from the ground up, 3.0 has been well underway since before end of last year as we already seen from the planet tech demo, but having a reasonable working demo to something that can work on a large scale is completely different, even the most experienced developers dont know how long things will take, they give a rough estimate and it may take much longer.

things may look on schedule but if something is not working the way it should then progress can halt for months. 3.0 is a major point in development as it will allow the whole universe to start forming and that is no small feat.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is the last time i will respond to you, the information you want is readily available and you do not really come across as someone genuinely interested in constructive discourse but moreso you have a very accusatory attitude towards the backers of the game, the management and the project as a whole and i have better things to focus on, so in the future don't expect a reply from me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    What are these then? Because they all look like they have an atmosphere but atmospheric planets aren't going to be in 3.0
    they are the 3 moons of Crusader, 2 of which have an atmosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    while they look pretty there doesn't exactly seem like there is much to do on them, they're very barren and if we're honest that could well be quite boring.
    ok, first of all these are moons and not planets so if you are expecting them to be teaming with flora, fauna, bustling cities that is unlikely (though with you, i have to keep stating this - the game is still in ALPHA and this is literally the first live iteration). second, the moons will have POIs and they will have at least 5 different types of outposts in the initial rollout. we will not know if the moons will be boring (seriously though, how can you even come to that conclusion given that the screenshots show only a few square miles of a massive planetary body? it's like showing a picture of the dunes in the Sahara desert then saying there is nothing of interest in that desert let alone the rest of the planet) as we have literally not had the chance to experience the new mission system and how the players can interact with these new mechanics and other players. you keep acting like 3.0 is a release patch or something, if you find the content boring then give them feedback, you do realize we are literally testers at this stage of development, right? smh.
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2017-04-16 at 12:16 AM.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...e-lies-of-2016

Great thread on CIG's lies and their shady marketing tactics. Worth a read, there's great discussion in there.

There's simply no way that Chris ever thought he'd get 3.0 out by the end of 2016.

Edit: Rofl, of course it got deleted. Will try to find an archived version in the morning.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2017-04-16 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

Great thread on CIG's lies and their shady marketing tactics. Worth a read, there's great discussion in there.

There's simply no way that Chris ever thought he'd get 3.0 out by the end of 2016.

Edit: Rofl, of course it got deleted. Will try to find an archived version in the morning.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...n_your_lesson/

Has a screenshot of the post.

this is the last time i will respond to you, the information you want is readily available and you do not really come across as someone genuinely interested in constructive discourse but moreso you have a very accusatory attitude towards the backers of the game, the management and the project as a whole and i have better things to focus on, so in the future don't expect a reply from me.
    That suits me fine because I find your method of discussion extremely assumptive and aggressive which gets boring really fast.
    It's amuses me that asking questions about the images you posted means I should have to go off and research this instead of hoping for an answer from you....

they are the 3 moons of Crusader, 2 of which have an atmosphere.
    Thank you.

ok, first of all these are moons and not planets so if you are expecting them to be teaming with flora, fauna, bustling cities that is unlikely (though with you, i have to keep stating this - the game is still in ALPHA and this is literally the first live iteration). second, the moons will have POIs and they will have at least 5 different types of outposts in the initial rollout. we will not know if the moons will be boring (seriously though, how can you even come to that conclusion given that the screenshots show only a few square miles of a massive planetary body? it's like showing a picture of the dunes in the Sahara desert then saying there is nothing of interest in that desert let alone the rest of the planet) as we have literally not had the chance to experience the new mission system and how the players can interact with these new mechanics and other players. you keep acting like 3.0 is a release patch or something, if you find the content boring then give them feedback, you do realize we are literally testers at this stage of development, right? smh.
    If you think sayiing they look pretty barren means I am expecting them to be teaming with flora and fauna, bustling with cities etc then you are reading far too much into my comment. It's quite clear what you are trying to do here, suggesting that I am being unreasonable and then shoot down the unreasonable comment I didn't even make.... typical strawman.

You really don't need to say it's in alpha, in fact there's no need to bring it up at all unless you're simply being defensive and trying to deflect any perceived criticism. If you choose to take a question or an observation as criticism, especially when none is offered then that is on you.

The only reason I said that it might be boring, (not that it will be boring like you claimed) is because it is exactly what people were saying about Elite Dangerous' moons and planetoids, some of those have POIs, settlements, material collection, missions etc but you still see people, lots of Star Citizen fanatics saying they are boring, empty etc. I'm just a bit curious why one might be fun if the other isn't.

Anyway, nice meltdown...

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

The only fact we know is they missed a "target" date, which happened to many games, many times. Countless games were pushed back 6-12 months even in the final stage of development.
    All the other is just assumptions. The ones who are negative towards the progress did cry out "lies" and "deception" others don't try to boost the known things with assumptions.
    Last edited by Malibutomi; 2017-04-16 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i found the latest AtV to be really good.lots of info on progress and i really liked the locomotion, Heavy Marine armor, the canyon fly-through, the Banu character stuff and the Banu Defender.

it's nice to see progress and i am looking forward to backers getting this stuff to test out in the near future.

nice little "Make it Rain" dance animation in Heavy Marine. click gif for full screen version!!!!!

Last edited by Odeezee; 2017-04-21 at 08:30 PM.